FORUMS

Ship photo from Dreadnought facebook page,Carrier "announced"??

Posted: //
April 2, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

Updated //
May 21, 2016, 11:48 p.m.

Cause if this is not a carrier,well i am just blind it seems smile

"The First Of His Name"

April 2, 2015, 9:58 p.m.

Did they change their minds? Do we get a 6th class finally? XD

April 2, 2015, 10:31 p.m.

maybe it's just the carrier that spawns the ai-jet-fighters that can be seen battling it out in normal matches :D...
or maybe it's from a new gamemode
the dream is alive

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

April 2, 2015, 10:53 p.m.

Nyanko#3267 posted (#post-1835)

A dev already answered that a dreadnought can be equipped with ability to deploy fighters,maybe its the hangar that is shown instead of broadside cannons for example?and somewhat the graphics of the ship can be changed to look as a carrier?

"The First Of His Name"

April 2, 2015, 10:58 p.m.

Updated //
April 2, 2015, 10:59 p.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-1837)

Nyanko#3267 posted (#post-1835)

A dev already answered that a dreadnought can be equipped with ability to deploy fighters,maybe its the hangar that is shown instead of broadside cannons for example?and somewhat the graphics of the ship can be changed to look as a carrier?

I am not sure about this actually cause the shape of the ship doesn't fit with any of the 3 dreadnoughts already shown in videos. It is not a monarch, not a zemy and not an archon. Maybe a new dreadnought yet to be revealed?

Or maybe just a concept art not related to playable classes at all.

April 3, 2015, 1:29 a.m.

It's definitely a Dreadnought, like Odinous said they already announced that Dreadnoughts will be able to swap out abilities for fighters. I don't know if it's just a variation of one of the ships they have showed us or a brand new type of Dreadnought class but you can definitely tell the flight decks are similar in the picture below. Also just from size alone it won't be classified as any other ship class.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

April 3, 2015, 1:39 a.m.

ya was sure that all ships have a small appearance change when you equip different things.

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

April 3, 2015, 3:34 a.m.

Looks just like what was promised to start with. Visual representations of major modules. There's no need for a separate Carrier class, because the Dreadnought can be configured to act as one.

Looks good :)

Exitus acta probat.

April 3, 2015, 4:46 a.m.

Updated //
April 3, 2015, 4:48 a.m.

Love that concept art.

I also hesitated beetwen a brand new class, the carrier variation of the Dreadnought class, or something related to a gamemode.

I'll wait before saying it's really one of the existing Dreadnought variant. Yes the command center is the same, but aside from that it doesn't look like any of the already know Dreadnought, and I suppose the "docks" will replace the broadside. But all the existing Dreadnought have these Broadsides cannon near the rear of the ship. In this image this Carrier have docks placed on all parts of the hull.

So I suppose it can be a new fourth variant. If it is then does that mean they're doing a fourth variant for every class ?

But there's one last thing that is intriguing me. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but some ships in have similar design in each class. For exemple, the Archon Dreadnought, The Vulcan Destroyer, the Fulgora Corvette and the Paragon Tactical Cruiser have these exact white clean manufacturing. So these ship were probably constructed by the same Faction.
I assume they'll do one variant of each class of ship for each Faction.

This new ship looks like it belong to the Faction that manufactured the Tanathos Dreadnought (Because of the sharp edges, Zemy has cleaner curves). So it is possible that a new Carrier class appears, with a Carrier designed for each faction.

"But why do a full Carrier if they already give the possibility to do one with the Dreadnought ?"
Well I suppose there will be some major differences on how these two class acts with docks :

-As we have seen the Dreadnoughts are more of close combat ships, with the highest amount of health of all class. The docks will give them the possibility to harass their opponents from a longer range than the broadsides, but with a little less firepower. The advantage is that it will give you either a distraction to close in with your prey and deliver your full firepower, or to chew up a little part of their health and soften them for your killing blow. Where the broadsides make you less reliable and more vulnerable at longer range.

-A full dedicated Carrier will act totally differently. First I assume they'll remain behind the heart of the fight, like the Artillery Cruiser, and play on the Buff/Debuff and "control of the field" side. They are a kind of supportive ship. The Tactical Cruiser is the dedicated healer and defensive kind of support, the Carrier is an "offensive" one.
Remember that all I said is just an opinion and theories. Only the devs have the final answer (and I hope they'll give it to us really soon).

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

April 3, 2015, 8:14 a.m.

Updated //
April 3, 2015, 8:18 a.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-1843)

But there's one last thing that is intriguing me. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but some ships in have similar design in each class. For exemple, the Archon Dreadnought, The Vulcan Destroyer, the Fulgora Corvette and the Paragon Tactical Cruiser have these exact white clean manufacturing. So these ship were probably constructed by the same Faction.
I assume they'll do one variant of each class of ship for each Faction.

This new ship looks like it belong to the Faction that manufactured the Tanathos Dreadnought (Because of the sharp edges, Zemy has cleaner curves). So it is possible that a new Carrier class appears, with a Carrier designed for each faction.

"But why do a full Carrier if they already give the possibility to do one with the Dreadnought ?"
Well I suppose there will be some major differences on how these two class acts with docks :

-As we have seen the Dreadnoughts are more of close combat ships, with the highest amount of health of all class. The docks will give them the possibility to harass their opponents from a longer range than the broadsides, but with a little less firepower. The advantage is that it will give you either a distraction to close in with your prey and deliver your full firepower, or to chew up a little part of their health and soften them for your killing blow. Where the broadsides make you less reliable and more vulnerable at longer range.

-A full dedicated Carrier will act totally differently. First I assume they'll remain behind the heart of the fight, like the Artillery Cruiser, and play on the Buff/Debuff and "control of the field" side. They are a kind of supportive ship. The Tactical Cruiser is the dedicated healer and defensive kind of support, the Carrier is an "offensive" one.
Remember that all I said is just an opinion and theories. Only the devs have the final answer (and I hope they'll give it to us really soon).

It's because there are 3 manufacturers in the game and they build ships for every class. I like that personally and I know I won't buy any ships looking white like the corvette or the destroyer we've seen in most videos cause they look too well polished and curvy for my taste. I prefer the other two manufacturers making the monarch, the dark looking destroyer and the zemy. They have a nasty feel about them.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.