FORUMS

Ship photo from Dreadnought facebook page,Carrier "announced"??

Posted: //
April 3, 2015, 8:44 a.m.

Nyanko#3267 posted (#post-1851)

It's because there are 3 manufacturers in the game and they build ships for every class. I like that personally and I know I won't buy any ships looking white like the corvette or the destroyer we've seen in most videos cause they look too well polished and curvy for my taste. I prefer the other two manufacturers making the monarch, the dark looking destroyer and the zemy. They have a nasty feel about them.

The issue is that it's not only cosmetic, these ships have also different stats. So maybe you'll be lucky to have a ship that fit both your playstyle and your design tastes, maybe not.

The Zemy is the biggest Dreadnought (not sure it's the ship with the most life however, as in a video they said it was the Tanathos), but the Archon is the quickest.

It's not all about the size. :p

I hope we also have enough lore to learn more about these manufacturers. If it's just a kind of business competition or if they are real different ideologies.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

April 3, 2015, 8:50 a.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-1855)

Nyanko#3267 posted (#post-1851)

It's because there are 3 manufacturers in the game and they build ships for every class. I like that personally and I know I won't buy any ships looking white like the corvette or the destroyer we've seen in most videos cause they look too well polished and curvy for my taste. I prefer the other two manufacturers making the monarch, the dark looking destroyer and the zemy. They have a nasty feel about them.

The issue is that it's not only cosmetic, these ships have also different stats. So maybe you'll be lucky to have a ship that fit both your playstyle and your design tastes, maybe not.

The Zemy is the biggest Dreadnought (not sure it's the ship with the most life however, as in a video they said it was the Tanathos), but the Archon is the quickest.

It's not all about the size. :p

I hope we also have enough lore to learn more about these manufacturers. If it's just a kind of business competition or if they are real different ideologies.

The zemy is my favorite cause it has 60k hull and heavy plasma cannons, not only because of her super awesome shark design. Don't worry about me, I am a minimaxing nut when it comes to spaceships XD

April 6, 2015, 10:19 a.m.

It looks like its own type of ship and not a dread but can not be 100% sure why it sort of has the bridge like the dread in the pic above i am sure its not the same ship with a hanger on.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

April 6, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

It might just be concept art from before a carrier class was ruled out.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 6, 2015, 11:07 a.m.

That looks gorgeous

April 6, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

well whatever this ship is gonna be,at least we all hope it will be something in addition to what we already saw on videos,we just can't w8 for the beeeeeeeeta :D

"The First Of His Name"

April 7, 2015, 9:22 p.m.

I agree with all of what you said Darkloser. My thoughts are that this is either just concept art or it is a preview to them taking an interest in our well-thought-out Carrier idea. This entire game and it's makeup has been great about keeping in touch with it's fans. I myself have gotten several responses from the Dev's through FB in the past to prove that they are actively paying attention to what is being said. I hope that our cries have once again been heard.

"Life is the only thing worth taking, everything else can be bought with credits."

April 9, 2015, 8:36 a.m.

They need a intelligence vessel that gives nearby players a "LED Indicator" and Detects Cloaking and can use counter measures to stop Missile barrages and transfer shields to another ship!

April 10, 2015, 10:32 p.m.

Updated //
April 11, 2015, 7:02 a.m.

i was watching some threads i haven't seen yet an what did i came across?In this thread https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/570/ check Nathan nwood's answer: "While I can't say anything too specific you'll be able to pick an array of perks to suit your playstyle. For example, if I wanted to play as a carrier, I'd customize my officers to fit that style."Interesting? :D

"The First Of His Name"

April 13, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

Updated //
April 13, 2015, 12:31 p.m.

Perhaps it's like comparing the Yamato to the Gerald R. Ford? ;)

Nathan "nwood" Wood
Senior Level Designer, YAGER

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.