FORUMS

Ship photo from Dreadnought facebook page,Carrier "announced"??

Posted: //
Aug. 21, 2015, 1:46 p.m.

Sherogorat#7757 posted (#post-5390)

Grr, we need that game so we can play! Asap!

True words have been spoken! smile

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Aug. 21, 2015, 2:27 p.m.

J4nB1#5520 posted
True words have been spoken! smile

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Aug. 21, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

Daftpunk! Love em!

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Aug. 31, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

Looks like they already have the 3d model for the bridge done

Aug. 31, 2016, 7:31 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 31, 2016, 7:31 p.m.

I will just say, a dreadnought using the fighter bays doesn't really feel like a carrier to me. It just feels like a tank that's able to throw out a few minor annoyances every three minutes that seem more annoying to your team (by blocking shots; my cannons seem to like re-targeting the fighters whenever one flies in front of my camera, which is very often) than useful. They aren't even that long range, they just hover around you until something gets close at which point they may decide to attack it (or they may just continue flying around, looking pretty). It also doesn't help that they are really easy to destroy, and you need to wait a full 3 minutes to deploy another group, only to have them ripped to pieces in moments again.

Sept. 1, 2016, 3:03 a.m.

Anyone ever notice how the front of the Nox looks like a hanger bay? Would actually be quite funny to see it become a carrier, and I could see it as a carrier. Already going to be sitting back, and would almost act the same way, except it would take more time for its attacks to hit, as teh fighters would have to fly from the ship to the target and then back, but I can bet it would be just as powerful of an attack as a normal sniper ship.

Sept. 1, 2016, 3:10 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 1, 2016, 3:26 a.m.

SteeLeviathan#8442 posted (#post-43463)

Anyone ever notice how the front of the Nox looks like a hanger bay? Would actually be quite funny to see it become a carrier, and I could see it as a carrier. Already going to be sitting back, and would almost act the same way, except it would take more time for its attacks to hit, as teh fighters would have to fly from the ship to the target and then back, but I can bet it would be just as powerful of an attack as a normal sniper ship.

I did actually notice that, and I've also seen hangar-like elements on several other ships too (but not as pronounced. One of the more noticeable ones is the Fulgora, which has a hatch on the back. This is more obvious with the Outis stern attached, as it accentuates it. The Grenada also appears to have a bulky door near the stern, with a short runway). It's gotten to the point there I suspect those are shuttle bays, and probably intended to be the primary method of the crew and supplies to get on/off the ship.
Also, the Silesia forecastle invalidates the Nox as a possible carrier, as it completely covers the hangar.

Sept. 1, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-43465)

SteeLeviathan#8442 posted (#post-43463)

I did actually notice that, and I've also seen hangar-like elements on several other ships too (but not as pronounced. One of the more noticeable ones is the Fulgora, which has a hatch on the back. This is more obvious with the Outis stern attached, as it accentuates it. The Grenada also appears to have a bulky door near the stern, with a short runway). It's gotten to the point there I suspect those are shuttle bays, and probably intended to be the primary method of the crew and supplies to get on/off the ship.
Also, the Silesia forecastle invalidates the Nox as a possible carrier, as it completely covers the hangar.

I know, I was just stating a strange fact about the Nox.

Sept. 1, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-43465)

There are some hangar elements on other ships, most notably by far is the Gora. I think it would be cool if these ships could launch fighters, even if only a small amount, but for now I see them remaining purely cosmetic. I wouldn't imagine fighters launched from these hangars would have much use outside of scouting, unless there is a game mode in the future where they can be put to more use. As it stands fighters can be destroyed quite easily.

Oct. 24, 2017, 4:02 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-43448)

I will just say, a dreadnought using the fighter bays doesn't really feel like a carrier to me. It just feels like a tank that's able to throw out a few minor annoyances every three minutes that seem more annoying to your team (by blocking shots; my cannons seem to like re-targeting the fighters whenever one flies in front of my camera, which is very often) than useful. They aren't even that long range, they just hover around you until something gets close at which point they may decide to attack it (or they may just continue flying around, looking pretty). It also doesn't help that they are really easy to destroy, and you need to wait a full 3 minutes to deploy another group, only to have them ripped to pieces in moments again.

Exactly this! This is why I want a real carriers class. This is why I will not accept any kind of dreadnought with jet modules as a carrier.

Hail to the confirmed carriers!

Virtute animi victor

-V-

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.