FORUMS

Mode: Make it count!

Posted: //
April 5, 2015, 9:39 a.m.

in this game mode you have limited ammuniton.
pretty simple concept, but makes for an interesting fight i think, people would not be able to constantly spam out shots and had to think about when and where to shoot
there should also be a limited number of charges for abilities, you know to avoid everyone just using missiles to kill :D

if the format is tdm, then you should respawn with the ammo you had left or with maybe 20% less than you had when you started the match, to avoid people just feeding to regain ammo
could also work with team elimination maybe....

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

April 5, 2015, 9:52 a.m.

What happens if everyone's aim is a bad as mine and both teams run out of ammo?

maybe teams could take turns jousting :-)

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 5, 2015, 9:55 a.m.

Updated //
April 5, 2015, 9:57 a.m.

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-1900)

Same question here, maybe put some sort of small ammo resupply caches around the map? I like the concept though.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

April 5, 2015, 10 a.m.

maybe teams could take turns jousting :-)

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-1901)

Same question here, maybe put some sort of small ammo resupply caches around the map? I like the concept though.

Simple: we ram each other to death!

April 5, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

That's a question I never actually heard anyone answer, I know the destroyer has a plasma ram and currently it's setup so that whoever registers the first hit wins but what happens if two ships of opposite sides collide without the plasma ram? Do they both take damage?

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

April 5, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-1903)

That's a question I never actually heard anyone answer, I know the destroyer has a plasma ram and currently it's setup so that whoever registers the first hit wins but what happens if two ships of opposite sides collide without the plasma ram? Do they both take damage?

Good question. And in the case the answer is yes, when a Jet impact against a Dreadnought, is it instant kill (like shown in the trailer)?

April 5, 2015, 11:26 a.m.

I'm sure they said in the PAX Panel Video fighters could crash into the environment.

I for one hope they do have impact damage, I don't want another console game that holds your hand all the time.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 5, 2015, 12:07 p.m.

Updated //
April 5, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

You guys need to go play MWO. Limited ammo and one life is just normal gameplay. Unless your running energy weapons, you make the shots count. ...Take it from a Gauss Sniper ;)

And yes, I like the idea for a Dreadnought game mode.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

April 5, 2015, 12:20 p.m.

I don't mind that kind of game mode (even if I'm not really fond of it) as long as you don't have to do like in WoT, pay beetwen each battle to refill your ammos.

I have an idea for refilling ammo during the match : Why not make kind of ship bays where you have to stand in order to resplenish ammos ? A little like what War Thunder do with planes, when you're out of ammo you have to land on the landing strip and wait a few seconds.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

April 5, 2015, 1:07 p.m.

i thought about small ammo pickups as well, dunno how to incorporate that properly though, well if everyone is out of ammo, maybe there could be some kind of sudden death after a while? either you try to ram your enemies to death or everybody will die in a horrific nuke, making the game a draw?

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.