Progression 2.0 DISCLAIMER: Alpha/Beta mockups, nothing set in stone. NONE OF THIS IS GAURANTEED
- Tech Trees
-- Talent trees in essence, unlocking ships. Each 'tree' will be based as a manufacturer tree.. with so far, 3 manufacturer's (only shown 1, Jupiter arms)
--- Deeper into the talent tree = Higher tiers (over 50 ships... altho apparently just the same 15 ships +multiple reskins 'looking', as well as BEING more powerful)
- Each Ship has its own sub-tech tree for its module unlocks.
-- In order to unlock the NEXT tier ship, you have to work through the previous ships sub-tech tree. Earlier tiers sub-tech tree are smaller then later tiers. (BETA)
-- Sub-Tech tree = modules AND officer briefings.. basically each ship will have its own limited module selection per slot... with higher tiers having more options. Unclear if unlocking module X on a dreadnought tier 1, also unlocks module X on dreadnought Tier 2+ ... Hinted that lower Tier abilities/stuff will at least be available (if having to be repurchased?) in your higher tier ships.
Something about having multiple fleets? (Sets of 5? loadout slots.. perhaps set per tiers so you'd have a T1 fleet, T2 fleet, etc etc..and given reasons to go back and play your older/weaker? fleets)
Example tier stuff: Tier1 Athos ->T2 Rhea ->T3 Ares ->T4Hades ->T5 Invader.. all of which appear to be a 'medium destroyer'
Basically just reskin (looking better and better in higher tiers).. again, with more options for selections within its sub tech tree
- Hero ships locked into higher tiers of gameplay (based on module selection? Shown 2 hero ships under the manufacturer umbrella set as T4 and T5).. may cause matchmaking issues.. eg; at game launch you cant play your hero ship without waiting 40minute for MM
- Can play hero ship to gain xp to spend on other tier/ship stuffs.
- Split into tiers
-- Tier 1-2
-- Tier 2-4 (may have been 3-4.. was mumbled)
-- Tier 4-5
- Will of course also have some sort of ranking system/MMR
- Hero ships
-- Some vague mention about xp transfering.. was unclear if you could give xp to friends?.. was unclear if it was hero ship specific... was extremely brief and dev's did not answer my chat question.. but was able to 'pay to transfer a higher %.. eg; instead of costing you 100xp to give 50xp... pay to cost you 100 xp to give 75xp.. etc etc..
- Fleet repair costs (costing fp OR Real money)
-- Implied higher costs to higher tiers.. eg; World of Tanks having more expensive ammo for higher tiers.. making it so you can't just play your highest tier all the time. - Note; Devs vehemently saying NOT having premium ammo, and always able to play.. will never be held back/unable to repair supposedly.. but obviously is an added FP drain which you can pay IRL money to remove... eg; pay to progress faster. (FP is ingame currency)
-- Hits you harder on losses
-- You will be able to 'break' a ship in some way .. it just won't be perm.. You will be able to repair it.. (promising dev diary/blog about this)
- Confirmed Campaign... no details QQ
- Confirmed PvE Co-op
- Higher/later tiers have more dmg.... eg; Torpedo abilities might fire MORE torpedoes.... will somehow be more tactical (likely positional/movement tactical due to being caught in a bad position = death)
- Early/low tiers are faster? more manuverable / cloaky/sneaky? (this was very unclear)
- Primary weapons still locked per ship.. but somehow improved/changed/more powerful as you take that 'ship type' into higher tiers.
- Implied different tiers will 'play' differently.. eg; you wouldn't want to bring your T1 into T4 gameplay, or T4 into T1, because it simply wouldnt perform/play correctly for that new style of play.
- No 'concrete' plans on built in VOIP.. its an idea, they'd love it.. but it also can't lag the game if it was implemented... eg; prefer you to use 3rd party over causing gameplay issues/lag