FORUMS

7/13 Twitch Stream Synopsis (Unofficial/Beta/Mockup)

Posted: //
July 13, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-40416)

Not sure how I feel about all of this. If they are going with the WoT model then I probably won't be sticking around after beta ends. I don't have that kind of time to invest into a game.

If Dreadnought Tier1 -> Tier5 takes approximately the same time as it takes for World of Tanks Tier1 -> Tier6, i think everything is going to work out fine for both Devs and Players

I really don't understand the repair cost gimmick though.. doesn't make any sense to me at any level.

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

July 13, 2016, 5:25 p.m.

The Tier thing I have no problem with, although I'm slightly concerned about the "middle" match-matching bracket being Tier 2-4. That seems like a very wide gap between Tiers. I can see a player who's only just unlocked Tier 2 quitting after getting repeatedly shafted by Tier 4 ships he can't beat.

It's the repair thing that worries me. It just seems like a way of artificially slowing down FP gain. Which is even more worrying when the grind for FP is already tough enough.

Exitus acta probat.

July 13, 2016, 6 p.m.

We already see uneven games and this proposed system only works well with a large player base. I'm afraid we are going to see people who have nothing but time on their hands rush to the top and then have no one to be matched with of the same skill level so then the system just starts dumping them in with the low tier players where they will just stomp them into the ground even harder now. Why can't more devs follow the Halo 5 model of doing things. You pay one price upfront. Then charge for extra for things like skins or xp boost. Expansion packs are then funded by these and are released for free to keep the game fresh. In this model no one gets left behind and the only difference between players is skins and their skill at the game. Ugh sorry to be so negative but this is such bad news to me.

July 13, 2016, 6:16 p.m.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-40421)

We already see uneven games and this proposed system only works well with a large player base. I'm afraid we are going to see people who have nothing but time on their hands rush to the top and then have no one to be matched with of the same skill level so then the system just starts dumping them in with the low tier players where they will just stomp them into the ground even harder now. Why can't more devs follow the Halo 5 model of doing things. You pay one price upfront. Then charge for extra for things like skins or xp boost. Expansion packs are then funded by these and are released for free to keep the game fresh. In this model no one gets left behind and the only difference between players is skins and their skill at the game. Ugh sorry to be so negative but this is such bad news to me.

You will not be able to use high tier ships in lower tier matchmaking brackets, you will be forced to create a low tier ship fleet.

Recruit Engineer

July 13, 2016, 7:26 p.m.

I simply don't know why they would want to go down the Tier Route.

Your making a lot of content substandard just to get players to chase a limited subset of competitive content.

It's bullshit.

July 13, 2016, 8:02 p.m.

NTDF-Gierling#4700 posted (#post-40426)

Your making a lot of content substandard just to get players to chase a limited subset of competitive content.

It's bullshit.

In the stream they said they were not able to create a fully horizontal progression and the tiered system allows them to introduce stronger modules/ships later on which will not obliterate new players. Adding on this they hinted that the gameplay will change between the tiers from a very arcardy variant in the lower tiers with faster ships to a more tactical way later on.

Recruit Engineer

July 13, 2016, 8:51 p.m.

We will see what that actually means. Unless they add directional damage or new modules that are too complicated for the average player to get, there can't be much difference unless they do what they also said they wouldn't, namely dumb things down.
Besides, I'm very sceptical about their Idea of "Tactical" after we have "Tactical Cruisers", which are anything but.
The repair system really needs an essay to discuss.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

July 13, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-40428)

NTDF-Gierling#4700 posted (#post-40426)

It's bullshit.

In the stream they said they were not able to create a fully horizontal progression and the tiered system allows them to introduce stronger modules/ships later on which will not obliterate new players. Adding on this they hinted that the gameplay will change between the tiers from a very arcardy variant in the lower tiers with faster ships to a more tactical way later on.

Sorry that's just naïve to think this. They didn't make a horizontal progression because they wanted to go down the route of borderline pay to win. I'm tired of games constantly begging me for more of my money and sacrificing core aspects of the game just to get me to buy some premium currency.

July 13, 2016, 10:08 p.m.

Updated //
July 13, 2016, 10:13 p.m.

So now we have this generic tier cr4p that exists in pretty much other F2P of this kind.
As it is right now, the higher tier ships are nothing but slightly reskinned ships of all ships we already have anyway.

And that change alone makes me glad I didn't spend a single cent on DN, because I would have refunded it after reading this.
Just now you killed the entire competitive part about DN while making the queue problems even worse (because there are different tiers to be matched against). While everything will be nothing but a cheap reskin, I think it doesn't take long until DN will eventually switch over to stuff like premium ammo as well, making it a full fledged pay2win.

Either way, this game is lost if those changes weren't a joke. With this stuff it's as unique as dozens of other F2P's out there. I mean, we may as well just play Fractured Space if DN goes through changes like that.

July 13, 2016, 10:15 p.m.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-40430)

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-40428)

Sorry that's just naïve to think this. They didn't make a horizontal progression because they wanted to go down the route of borderline pay to win. I'm tired of games constantly begging me for more of my money and sacrificing core aspects of the game just to get me to buy some premium currency.

Oh come on, people have been complaining about the progression system since Closed Beta began (and probably before that as well). Honestly what did you expect them to do? Give out ships for free or something?

The core gameplay is still the same. There will still be 15 ships in Tier 5 when progression_2.0 rolls out, just like there is past rank 25. Currently though you probably won't be able to save up for all the ships until you're rank 50 anyways. With the new system players are even given incentive to focus on their favorite role and being justly rewarded with new unlocks specifically for that role. I play overwhelmingly Tac Cruisers, and the fact that playing Tacs will allow me to get new modules and ships specifically for the Ship Class is absolutely great.

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.