FORUMS

Just say NO to tiers!

Posted: //
July 29, 2016, 11:14 p.m.

bobhead#3806 posted (#post-41375)

After reading the Progression 2.0 post and the comments here, however, I'm starting to have some doubts. Surely dividing matchmaking into ship tiers would severely fragment an already small (as far as I can tell) playerbase.

But you forget something,dreadnought right now is on closed beta state,so the small playerbase is logical(though its not as small as u may thnk it is) + we are talking about progression change that we havent even tried yet.The Devs showed us many times that they are truly hear to our opinions.Let us first try of what they do think about dreadnought future.

"The First Of His Name"

June 4, 2017, 1:02 a.m.

I just Played my last match of Dreadnought, likely ever. Over the last while that I have been playing, I just assumed I'm being out played. It has now become very obvious that the ship tier has such an overwhelming advantage over a lower tier. The scenario that just broke the game for is this. I in a tier 1 destroyer with 2 healers actively healing my ship. I fired and landed a goliath torpedo and traded repeater fire. The tier 4 destroyer did not use its shield. I quickly was destroyed and the tier 4 ship had less than 10% damage. This engagement took place at point plank range. I have been experiencing similar events through the few days since the patch. It is because of this that I will most likely not be playing or recommending Dreadnought.

June 4, 2017, 1:30 a.m.

Updated //
June 4, 2017, 1:32 a.m.

First of all:
1. You cannot fight a tier 4 destroyer sitting in a tier 1 destroyer yourself, matchmaking cannot make such setups.
2. The tier 1 destroyer has no Goliath torpedo.

So from now on I'm just assuming you were sitting in a Trafalgar (t2):
1. Their destroyer most probably used shields or other defensive equipment, you probably just couldn't see it, otherwise a Goliath would've done more damage to it. It could also have been healed.
2. The Goliath torpedo does area damage and you CAN hurt yourself with it, so firing such a weapon at point blank range isn't such a great idea.
3. Keep any random tier 1 ship in your recruit fleet and you'll no longer get into veteran matches.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

June 4, 2017, 4:24 a.m.

Updated //
June 4, 2017, 4:43 a.m.

I like tiers. Its one of the reasons why I've invested over 200 hours into the game, as opposed to a tier'less game like Fractured Space which bored me once I bought my favorite ship.

When there are enough players for tiers to work properly, it adds depth to progression, gives newer players something more to look forward to, while at the same time keeping them separate from seasoned players (or at the very least, it gives the sense that it does).

Dreadnought is not a game for those who want instant gratification. Its for those who want a challenge. And for this reason, I keep coming back to this game after dabbling in many others.

-N03

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.