A lot of people didn't like what was announced during the community stream, so here i am trying to reshape the progression system to the betterment of both players and Devs. I'm only covering the ship progression because frankly i don't know what to do about modules.
Click here for a full visualization.
- A total of three Tiers exist. Each Tier has it's own matchmaking bracket (to avoid unbalanced matchmaking).
- Tier 1 has five ships in total. Tier 2 has fifteen ships in total. Tier 3 has thirty ships in total. This sets the grand total at 50 ships, just like the Devs we already planning.
- Each player starts out with one Tier 1 ship from each Ship Class.
- Each Tier 1 ship unlocks three Tier 2 ships.
- Tier 2 ships include an upgraded version of the Tier 1 ship (ie Athos Mk2), and two new ships (ie the Gora and the Talionis).
- The Mk2 version of a ship has approximately 5-10% better stats across the board.
- Each Tier 2 ship unlocks two Tier 3 ships.
- Tier 3 is compromised of a "Light" and "Heavy" version of each ship.
- The Tier 3 "Heavy" version has X amount more armor. The Tier 3 "Light" version is X% faster
- Certain Tier 2 ships will allow you to research ships in other ship classes
Tier 1 = Yellow
Tier 2 = Orange
Tier 3 = Red
Green lines represent the Research paths between ships
Did i miss anything? Thoughts?