FORUMS

Steam Key afterwards ?

Posted: //
July 14, 2016, 8:39 p.m.

If i now buy the Game will i be getting a Steam Key after it Comes to Steam aswell and not need to buy it a second Time and throw away everything ive done ? Im not sure if the Beta is still running so that another Thing what would be important when i buy a Founder Pack now can i play it now or not ? If not this Question would be a bit useless because i would need then to wait for the Steam release anyway.

But it would be very important for me that i can then get a Steam aswell on its Release, some Games did it but others not atleast not fast so are there any News on this one ?

July 14, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

Purchasing packs allow you access to the closed beta, as mentioned in the pack FAQ

HOW WILL THE WIPE AT THE END OF CLOSED BETA AFFECT ME? WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP MY STUFF?
To ensure an even playing field before Open Beta, we’ll be wiping all user accounts. However, this will not affect any content or privileges you received from purchasing a Founder’s Pack.

So you keep your name and access to the full game but lose ALL progress but keep the items mentioned in pack, i.e Any hero ships, any unspent GP & FP. Ship decals & emblems and the amount of elite status once activated ingame.

Hope that helps.

July 14, 2016, 9:19 p.m.

Not really but thanks as mentioned my Questio goes about Steam as the Title says and if i need to buy the Game again maybe even a new Account it doesnt really matter if theres a wipe or not.

July 14, 2016, 9:32 p.m.

The game will be F2P at release, though AFAIK there is no plans to actually release it on steam

July 14, 2016, 11:10 p.m.

I read that different not that only the Game is listed in most Shops with Steam for its Release, the Database also has the Entry for it, also the Messages over the Net talk about Steam on or after Release.

The F2P, thats so, it makes me angry, if i buy "now" it isnt "free" and making another Account "free" if its then on Steam i mean, are you sick ? Because thats sick and not free, so again not my Question, not to start to offend but please stop that and still thank you anyway.

July 15, 2016, 2:23 a.m.

WeylandYutani#0081 posted (#post-40574)

I read that different not that only the Game is listed in most Shops with Steam for its Release, the Database also has the Entry for it, also the Messages over the Net talk about Steam on or after Release.

The F2P, thats so, it makes me angry, if i buy "now" it isnt "free" and making another Account "free" if its then on Steam i mean, are you sick ? Because thats sick and not free, so again not my Question, not to start to offend but please stop that and still thank you anyway.

Wat...everything is linked to your account/their servers. If you were to play it over Steam, literally nothing would change. If anything you'd have to link your account with the Steam account, but that's it.
Either way, they are planning tiers and cr4p like that. The game goes south before it will ever reach Steam. At least most of the veterans are dropping out.

July 15, 2016, 2:42 a.m.

WeylandYutani#0081 posted (#post-40574)

Are you sure you are looking at the correct game? Dreadnought is not in any shops since it won't go retail as an online free to play title. I can also confirm that it's not in Steam's database, and that the devs have said that they have no plans for the time being to release on Steam.

I have no idea what you're trying to say but yes it will be free to play.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 15, 2016, 8:28 a.m.

Updated //
July 15, 2016, 8:29 a.m.

If you "buy" now your paying to get early access to the closed beta.

July 15, 2016, 2:23 p.m.

I think he may be confusing Dreadnought with Fractured Space maybe? That would explain the "it's in the Steam database" thing, as that is the most similar game. There's also Star Conflict, but that's even more fast paced than Dreadnought.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.