FORUMS

Loadout Slots

Posted: //
July 15, 2016, 6:50 p.m.

As I was watching the last livestream, a thought occurred to me about how to help motivate development and add functionality to the game: purchaseable loadout slots.

You can easily keep the 3 we have now, but, add the ability to unlock 2 (or however many more is practical) more loadout slots with GP. This doesn't make the game pay to win or anything, it's not gamebreaking, favouring older/better players, it's just a suggestion to give the devs a little more wiggle room for development, give players something as well, and add a bit of functionality that should be easy enough to code into the UI.

Curious to know what other Captains think about this, so please add your constructive feedback below smile

End transmission from the fake XO

July 15, 2016, 7:01 p.m.

well the whole loadout system probably gonna change a lot anyway with the 2.0 progression coming with the different tiers, but otherworldly yes it would kinda be pay to win to just plain add more for GP, as it does gives you more options in a match to counter the enemy team

July 15, 2016, 8:49 p.m.

It wouldn't even be close to pay to win, pay to win means you can instantly buy the most powerful weapons and ships which you can't.

As a cosmetic GP sink, it gives the devs a way to get more resources and gives players something to play with.

I'm sorry, but, if you think a cosmetic change is pay to win, you have no idea what pay to win is.

End transmission from the fake XO

July 15, 2016, 11:49 p.m.

loadouts is not even close to cosmetic LOL doesn't change the look of anything, however it gives you flexibilty in the match, and flexibility certainly IS power in this game (maybe not a lvl 10, but at highlvl/competitive play it certainly is power)

July 16, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

I would actually love to see modules become somewhat cosmetic. Have them visible on the ship so that attackers can target them. Then they become less useful the more damage they take. I personally think that larger ships should have the ability to add more smaller modules or fewer larger modules. Be good for mixing up gameplay a little. Do you take one huge armor boost or a medium amour boost with an energy recharge?

July 16, 2016, 2:12 a.m.

I agree it would probably not be pay to win, although somewhat borderline. And buying hangar slots is standard F2P fare, in particular if we're copying the Wargaming model now. So I could be ok with that.

However, it cuts both ways. I might have played MWO more if I had had more free hangar slots. But when I started disliking the direction they were taking and got my founders pack refunded, I refused to drop any money into the game at the time, and then when shortly after all the few mechs I had got nerfed into the ground to the point of being unplayable I simply left the game. With more free slots I would simply have bought another mech and might have ended up liking the game enough after all to drop money on it again.

But as it stands, once I drop a game I never go back to it again, ever. There's a million more games than I have time to play out there, anyway, so no time for second chances. So gotta be careful not to annoy people with your monetization model to the point where they will walk away.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 16, 2016, 4:57 a.m.

yeas, also lets do some modules (strong moduls ofc) only for GP, its not pay to win too xD

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.