FORUMS

Corvette damage is just too much

Posted: //
July 17, 2016, 2:57 p.m.

Updated //
July 17, 2016, 3:02 p.m.

I'm new to the game and like playing support. So far my experience has been not so good, either my team doesn't watch for the corvettes or they just don't care. Then they complain they are not being healed.....because I'm always dead to the corvettes....lol. Matchmaking in the game still needs work as a newbie I shouldn't have to face off against lvl 15-25 players but being in beta maybe that's all the players available in the pool for MM to choose from. Either way love the game so far smile.

July 17, 2016, 3:18 p.m.

Talzar#5132 posted (#post-40806)

I'm new to the game and like playing support. So far my experience has been not so good, either my team doesn't watch for the corvettes or they just don't care. Then they complain they are not being healed.....because I'm always dead to the corvettes....lol. Matchmaking in the game still needs work as a newbie I shouldn't have to face off against lvl 15-25 players but being in beta maybe that's all the players available in the pool for MM to choose from. Either way love the game so far smile.

There are Many ways to counter corvettes as a support. Sometimes of the time it's as easy as turning on your shields and fighting back. I always carry the blast Pulse with me when I play support as it can almost 1-shot them. Also, if you have the Energy Generator equipped, you are basically invulnerable if you set your energy to shields. They aren't OP in any sense, you just need to learn how to counter them. Corvettes are almost specifically trying to kill you, don't make it easy for them.

July 17, 2016, 4:43 p.m.

Part of your situational awareness should be keeping track of where enemy ships are. Corvettes are extremely soft targets if you actually hit one, so yeah, it can be frustrating if you customize a ship built for brawling with dreadnoughts and can't track or move fast enough to deal with a corvette.

Always keep one module made for close in fighting, and also try to never use up all your energy so if you have to put up some shields even for a few seconds to warp out you can do that.

I've flown a few corvettes and had amazing success as well as crushing failure with them.

What seems to happen a lot is if someone is really good at flying a corvette, someone on the other team will switch to corvette too to keep him busy.

Corvettes are not OP. It is not a broken game mechanic. Hyperbole really isn't needed.

July 17, 2016, 6:06 p.m.

July 17, 2016, 6:50 p.m.

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-40820)

Yes. Many people think Corvettes are extremely powerful. Every single time, players come out of the woodwork to either support them or shoot them down.

Every time, the exact same thing happens: The thread ends with a stalemate, and dies.

Only 3 of those links, actually works, and I could quite easily find just as many threads with people stating that koshei (or healers in general even) are unkillable or OP, so which is it? Or might it come down to whoever got the most skill in flying their ship maybe?

July 17, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

Gummiel#9225 posted (#post-40822)

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-40820)

Yes. Many people think Corvettes are extremely powerful. Every single time, players come out of the woodwork to either support them or shoot them down.

Every time, the exact same thing happens: The thread ends with a stalemate, and dies.

Only 3 of those links, actually works, and I could quite easily find just as many threads with people stating that koshei (or healers in general even) are unkillable or OP, so which is it? Or might it come down to whoever got the most skill in flying their ship maybe?

Some people just assume that because they can't figure out how to kill corvettes (admittedly I have a hard time when I'm in a dreadnought) that they are OP. I see that as a problem with original thinking, not a 'broken game mechanic' as the OP thinks. I typically turn on auto guns or other area effect mods when I see a corvette getting close. If I don't see one coming to flank us I see that as my problem, not a problem with corvettes being too powerful.

If people want to play campy campy heavy capital ship, the only things that keep matches moving a lot of times are little death machines. Otherwise a lot of them devolve into everyone trying to snipe and they end up being quite boring.

July 17, 2016, 11:32 p.m.

When enemy corvettes get out of control, I get on my Cattaro and collect the tears. A well played Cattaro is almost a 100% win against any corvette. If they get the jump on you, target warp says hi. Next thing they know, I'm under the cover of an allied dreadnought with a healing buoy and amplified beaming them to kingdom come.

The whole purpose of the Cattaro is to counter corvettes. Not saying you need one to win against them, but when you have a team full of enemy corvettes, its pretty much open season.

July 18, 2016, 7:57 a.m.

Updated //
July 18, 2016, 8:11 a.m.

If you've played this game for enough time, corvette are nothing to fear about, all ships have their own ways to counter corvettes. Usually new players complained the most.

Generally
1: Constantly look around, spot cloaked target, most experienced snipers can take out a cloaked corvette at mid range. Most high level corvette user don't bother use cloak at all.
2: Watch out for friendly snipers and healers as they are priority target for enemy corvette
3: Paint target and call everyone to focus fire on corvette first, corvette will melt.
4: Practice your aiming with different ship so the projectile velocity match the corvette travel speed
5: Use module promptly, e.g. Drain, Disruptor (takeout corvette's speed/warp), Blast pulse, Weaponbooster, Tractor beam, Stasis.
6: Help your teammate out when they are targeted by corvette (warp, etc.), don't sitting blind
7: Know how your secondary weapon works, many new players fire Flak when corvette is out of range.
8: Support your own corvette. A Healer supported corvette is most dangerous

July 18, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

If I'm playing an Aion I quite often manage to take down Corvettes by switching to my machine gun or at least survive the attack. Shields are your friend...

In that Koshei Hero ship I survive even more Corvette attacks. You just have to have some situational awareness. If you're just keeping your eyes to a Dreadnought you're healing you probably can't react fast enough. Since you should always be scanning for friendlies in need of healing you should often be able to spot Corvettes before they even attack.

July 18, 2016, 9:27 a.m.

I got one shoted by a corvette playing Destroyer GG 10/10 will play Destroyer again.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.