FORUMS

What are the system requirements i wonder?

Posted: //
July 18, 2016, 9:50 p.m.

Updated //
July 18, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

AMD 280 3.8 Ghz 4GB RAM GTX 960 2GB cant hadnle this game even on minim. I got 40 fps from start and dropping down to 9fps when intensive battle. Is some optimization expected to come?

I know my computer is bad but i run Warthuder and World of warships on high with average 50 fps that is more then comfortable.

What for is creating such a game for high end computer users only? If most of ppl cant handle it then online is expected to be low.

July 19, 2016, 6:47 a.m.

The game is still far from finished and i doubt Dreadnought will be released in it's current lelvel of optimization. More updates will be rolling out as the closed beta progresses.

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

July 19, 2016, 9:24 a.m.

Your computer needs some upgrades. That CPU can barely handle this game and your GPU with such a tiny amount of vram is going to be maxed out as well. This game has average requirements but your computer is just way behind the times.

July 19, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

Updated //
July 19, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

GPU is fine, 2GB are the recommended specs for this game, and it's leagues faster than mine. But that CPU is far below minimum specs. Not just for this game.

Makes no sense you would run that GPU on such a slow CPU, you are so CPU limited you can never use all your GPU's power anyway. Had you put that money into a proper CPU instead (and more RAM) you could be playing current games just fine.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 19, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

As i said i know my PC is bad. But...
It can handle any current MMO (tanks, planes, ships) game on high settings for the present time (warthunder , project Armata, world of tanks/ships/watever/
This means that something is very wrong with Dreadnough optimization. It's a pure madness creating massive online game only for I7 core users. It wont be massive =) nor online

July 19, 2016, 6:18 p.m.

Slimak81#0619 posted (#post-40970)

It can handle any current MMO (tanks, planes, ships) game on high settings for the present time (warthunder , project Armata, world of tanks/ships/watever/
This means that something is very wrong with Dreadnough optimization. It's a pure madness creating massive online game only for I7 core users. It wont be massive =) nor online

You can't use other games as a benchmark for this game. The world of tanks/thunder/ships games use much less demanding engines. You can easily run dreadnought on a core i5 or even the now aging AMD fx8350. Part of PC gaming is keeping your hardware up to date. I have a GTX 960 4gb that is mildly overclocked but even without the overclock it I could still run this game at a locked 60 FPS.

July 19, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

Slimak81#0619 posted (#post-40970)

First of none of the "World of ..." games are MMO's not even close...

2nd yes I am sure there is still bad optimization in Dreadnought, because well we are still in beta, optimization is one of the LAST things you do before release, since its a lot harder and time consuming to add/change/remove things to/from a piece of software and still keep it optimized which is done a lot during beta

July 20, 2016, 8:20 a.m.

The last patch introduced a huge performance boost for me. I can now play with ~60 FPS at medium and high textures (before: 28 FPS with micro stutters). Though on medium textures the landscape now looks a little bit like plastic. The biggest resource hog are the post processing effects, and I'm glad I don't have them set to high since you get blinded by the explosions (huge battle disadvantage). Got a:

Intel i5-3350P 3.10 Ghz (4 cores), GeForce GTX 650 @ 1GB VRAM, 8 GB RAM

Will Bay One flame trench ever be cleared?

July 25, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

it's an optimization issue. simply sitting idle in the hangar waiting for MM keeps my 3.6 ghz i5 at 50% on all 4 cores and my r9 390 at temps equal to that of when it's running distributed computations at full load.

July 25, 2016, 6:07 p.m.

Slimak81#0619 posted (#post-40917)

AMD 280 3.8 Ghz 4GB RAM GTX 960 2GB cant hadnle this game even on minim. I got 40 fps from start and dropping down to 9fps when intensive battle. Is some optimization expected to come?

I know my computer is bad but i run Warthuder and World of warships on high with average 50 fps that is more then comfortable.

What for is creating such a game for high end computer users only? If most of ppl cant handle it then online is expected to be low.

I'm running an AMD FX6300 3.5GHz 6-core, with 16GB RAM and a GTX 950 2GB. Got 52FPS on Epic. Something's wrong with your rig, bro, not the game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.