FORUMS

What are the system requirements i wonder?

Posted: //
July 27, 2016, 6:39 p.m.

CPU is horribly low-spec, and RAM is pretty lacking at only 4 GB. Graphics card is better than mine, but the other things could use some work. I play the game pretty smoothly on a laptop that's a bit over a year old. I will agree that the game needs optimisation before it's release-ready, but it's not entirely unreasonable with its system requirements, and that machine is VERY out od date (apart from the graphics card).

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

July 28, 2016, 12:07 a.m.

probably worth asking what OS he's running, as if it's a 32 bit OS 4 gb will be the max addressable ram anyways

July 28, 2016, 2:16 a.m.

NinjaTurtle#0085 posted (#post-41505)

probably worth asking what OS he's running, as if it's a 32 bit OS 4 gb will be the max addressable ram anyways

DN won't even run on 32bit.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 29, 2016, 4:03 p.m.

I have :- ( Dell 5548)
Intel Core i7-5500U 5th Gen “Broadwell” Dual-Core 2.4-3.GHz
AMD Radeon R7 M270 4GB DDR3
16GB RAM
64 bit Win 10 OS.

My graphics card is the most annoying bottleneck. Do you guys think I would be able to run DN at 30-40 fps?

July 29, 2016, 4:23 p.m.

Doubt it, your CPU is rather weak, too. Unless you can get a key for free I'd wait for open beta with that. Or you could try downloading the game Fractured Space (free to play on Steam), it uses the same engine but much more detailed graphics, so performance would be even worse than DN but at least you'd get an idea.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 29, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

I've got a key and am downloading as of now, Game Debate shows I can run it though so I guess the sys req on there is probably wrong. I don't think I can upgrade the laptop to help it overcome the bottleneck hmm.

July 29, 2016, 5:06 p.m.

Official system requirements are here: http://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/articles/204575344-What-are-the-system-specs-for-Dreadnought-

Either way, fingers crossed for you, let us know how it goes.

July 29, 2016, 5:13 p.m.

Will do ! ( If my download resumes that it, it refuses to download past 6.5 GB unless I keep pausing and resuming every few seconds . )

July 29, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

It does that for everybody, their download servers are the worst.

Aug. 1, 2016, 4:21 p.m.

Oreux#6684 posted (#post-41639)

Will do ! ( If my download resumes that it, it refuses to download past 6.5 GB unless I keep pausing and resuming every few seconds . )

didn't do that for me or most people i know that are playing. should check your firewall exceptions maybe

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.