FORUMS

Now available: Dev Talk #1 - Progression 2.0 (and the new guy introduces himself)

Posted: //
Aug. 13, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 13, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

RespawningJesus#3921 posted (#post-41849)

As a brand new player to the game, please do not add repair costs. In just about every game that I have played that had repair costs in it, it was always a big turn off, and caused me to just abandon the game. It just feels limiting, and eventually becomes stressful, since you don't want to afford to die too much, or else the costs of repair may come to haunt you, thereby slowing down your progression of ships/tech trees down. Not only that, but I am pretty sure people do not like to constantly throw credits at their hard earned higher tier machines. What is the point of spending the time to unlock something bigger, badder, and cooler if you feel limited in how much you can play as it?

I agree. Its much better option to reduce credits gained per battle than introduce repairs. Players will not play at their full potential because they will be afraid of the repair costs. Both will achieve the same result credit wise, but the later introduces the negative factor which affects game(match) quality.

Aug. 14, 2016, 6:54 p.m.

I would be really dissapointed if Dreadnought would be turned one of "those" games.

"It was important to us to let our players decide how to prioritize their own progress in the game."
And than we have to grind through several modules we dont need or want to get to the next ship?

This System also "forces" people to play one Class. If you are playing with friends you would have to have a dedicated Sniper, a dedicated Healer etc. Or risk severly slowing your progress instead of picking your Ship to fit your Team or what you want to fly now.

I would much prefer the System we have now or better yet unlock all ships from the beginning but limit them with money, either I grind for a Monarch(10.000) or I grind for Gora(4.000) AND Invictus(4.000) instead.
That way I would prioritize my own progress in the game.

Aug. 14, 2016, 8:01 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 14, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

Honestly, i was really looking forward to playing this game more "fulltime" when it will be released.
But seeing now that this game will change into WoT (which i quit because of stupid MM and grind) is really one of the biggest disapointments in terms of gaming i had in the last year.

Why?
Because i just love the heavy sniper, and seeing the new tier system, i will be forced to play the Medium Destroyer over and over again, and off all the 15 ships (and then later on 50) its the ship i hate the most.
So by telling "now players got a choice" you are saying (to me) :
Well right now you can play what you want and then get what you like.
With the new system you will have to grind your most hated shi(t)p not only once, but twice! But wait there is more! So that you atleast can do a little bit in this ship, you have to grind out all modules for each ship again!
Well you are basically forcing me to either : A: drop the game ; or B: grind till you killed your last little bit of fun in the game.

Please dont think only because other games aka WoT have such a system, means its a good one.
Please dont destroy your own game!

Aug. 15, 2016, 2:51 a.m.

Master-M-Master#7467 posted (#post-42433)

Honestly, i was really looking forward to playing this game more "fulltime" when it will be released.
But seeing now that this game will change into WoT (which i quit because of stupid MM and grind) is really one of the biggest disapointments in terms of gaming i had in the last year.

Why?
Because i just love the heavy sniper, and seeing the new tier system, i will be forced to play the Medium Destroyer over and over again, and off all the 15 ships (and then later on 50) its the ship i hate the most.
With the new system you will have to grind your most hated shi(t)p not only once, but twice! But wait there is more! So that you atleast can do a little bit in this ship, you have to grind out all modules for each ship again!
Well you are basically forcing me to either : A: drop the game ; or B: grind till you killed your last little bit of fun in the game.

Please dont think only because other games aka WoT have such a system, means its a good one.

World of Warships came to my mind the moment I saw the credit stars

Aug. 16, 2016, 12:01 a.m.

CruleD#0376 posted (#post-42450)

Master-M-Master#7467 posted (#post-42433)

Why?

World of Warships came to my mind the moment I saw the credit stars

Yea I haven't even tried the game... And I don't want another tier based game. I'm sick of just staying with a (lets say) Tier 4 ship for a week then stuck at a tier 5 for a month. That's why I like MWO so muh. WoWS... Got a point m8.

Aug. 16, 2016, 4:24 a.m.

I know there isn't an exact date but did you plan on publishing 2.0 during open beta, maybe closed beta?

Aug. 16, 2016, 2:57 p.m.

CruleD#0376 posted (#post-42492)

I know there isn't an exact date but did you plan on publishing 2.0 during open beta, maybe closed beta?

-p-

I already attempted to ask that.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/6439/

The response I got was not enlightening.

Aug. 17, 2016, 9:49 a.m.

Progression 2.0 looks disappointing for me.
One of the reasons behind my interest in Dreadnought was, in fact, progression system, which (while not ideal for me, i.e. "not like in Planetside 2") was NOT like in WoT or War Thunder.

Seriously, i've played those games for years now and instead of "looking forward to my next unlock" i'm looking in the general direction of "uninstall.exe".
I can't talk on behalf of all the other players, but when i'm unlocking higher tier jets or tanks in WT i'm not looking forward to anything, instead i'm thinking something like this: "so, there is approximately 15456456 hours of pure grind lying ahead just to make my tier-V jet\tank not suck. And on top of that, all this grind must be performed on the half-baked disgusting piece of scrap. What am i even doing with my life? Screw this, i'm going to play on tier-IV forever."

Maybe it'll not be that bad here, but i really doubt it.

==================================
My English is bad and i'm feeling bad about it. Sorry.

Aug. 18, 2016, 9:59 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 18, 2016, 10:03 p.m.

So i get beta key and try that game. I licke it. But. I read about dreadnought 2.0 and its tell me welcome to world of dreadnoughts. RLY? that stupid system... again?? And of corse repair costs A.K.A."you will not be able to play ship you licke as much as you want... because you must grind to play it..." Pls dont do it to this game dont do stupid WoT in space... Ah and of corse lower tier ships that you MUST play to unlock ship that you want. Sounds reeeeeealy fun...

Aug. 18, 2016, 10:36 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 18, 2016, 10:37 p.m.

JIuH4#3871 posted (#post-42685)

So i get beta key and try that game. I licke it. But. I read about dreadnought 2.0 and its tell me welcome to world of dreadnoughts. RLY? that stupid system... again?? And of corse repair costs A.K.A."you will not be able to play ship you licke as much as you want... because you must grind to play it..." Pls dont do it to this game dont do stupid WoT in space... Ah and of corse lower tier ships that you MUST play to unlock ship that you want. Sounds reeeeeealy fun...

Welcome aboard! The repair cost will not prevent you from playing the game. As for the tiered ships, currently we have a level up system before you can access those higher level ships that you want. It works similar to this. However once you get a ship that you like, you can continue to use that ship in that same bracket. Or you can continue up the tiers to access higher level ships.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.