FORUMS

My Review.

Posted: //
July 22, 2016, 7:59 p.m.

Hello, I recently just got access to the beta so I've been playing the game all morning "After all night download" and to be honest, I am disappointed. This game looked incredibly good but when you actually get down to playing the game its just ugh another crappy space game...

How this game could be improved?

Well many things, corvettes shouldn't one shot any ship from full health, that's just stupid. ("Which ever dev decided that decision should be fired.")

A really annoying bug, when you die sometimes your camera will lock in place at the angle you died. it's super annoying.

In closing, the game looks really nice and is exciting at first. Then after 30 minutes of playing its like, I'm bored its the same map same ships doing the exact same things. :/

July 22, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

It's a beta. Did you miss that?

Yes, the maps are somewhat limited, but each map has dozens of paths, hiding places, and strategically placed obstacles that come in quite handy when you need to get out of the line of fire of a missile barrage.

If you see a bug, report it. There are still a few.

5 V 5 matches are always different. Sometimes you get on great teams that work well together.....and sometimes not, but the number of possible team configurations with 5 players is enormous. I was on a team with 3 corvettes last night, and we did quite well (won), which is tough to do.

Sniper ships are easy meat for corvettes if you don't know your mods well enough or don't pay attention. If you were flying something else, well, nuclea rmissiles, snipers, missiles, area effect debuffs.....any number of other things could have been happening that you didn't notice.

BTW corvettes dump torpedos and can 'one shot' you, but they are also likely using their primary weapons too. They cannot one-shot most ships and usually have to dump and run against teams that do have situational awareness.

I suggest you play a few dozen matches before deciding if it is just another space game. Once the game is in open play status there will probably be more maps, but remember each map is very complex as it is.

July 22, 2016, 8:33 p.m.

Well many things, corvettes shouldn't one shot any ship from full health, that's just stupid. ("Which ever dev decided that decision should be fired.")

As a new player, focus on keeping track of your environment. Climbing captain ranks you'll notice that corvettes aren't very good against a coordinated team. I suggest checking out the community discord, you'll find lots of people willing to squad up with you and help you with the game.

A really annoying bug, when you die sometimes your camera will lock in place at the angle you died. it's super annoying.

Bugs are ironed out as time passes, please remember that this is a Closed Beta for a reason.

In closing, the game looks really nice and is exciting at first. Then after 30 minutes of playing its like, I'm bored its the same map same ships doing the exact same things. :/

Start thinking of ways to hone your module loadouts. There's a lot of ship combinations, something i believe you'll notice past rank 15

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

July 22, 2016, 9:31 p.m.

Corvettes present a decent learning curve to new players. I would highly suggest starting out in either the Gora or Invictus until you get the hang of things. Be sure to map your shields to an easy to press key so you can block most of a corvettes damage. If your using an artillery cruiser just know that you will be the prime target to all corvettes in the area since they have a hard time fending off their attacks and have small HP pools. My Athos destroyer for instance will swat most corvettes from the sky as long I'm keeping an eye out for them. Always keep your head on a swivel for corvettes because if you see them trying to make an attack run and if you shoot them from a distance they will turn and run away.

Take some time and rank up to unlock more modules and at least the second tier of ships. Test out modules in a training match to get the hang of how they work best.

July 23, 2016, 8:23 a.m.

Okay I've read all three of your comments, yes I do understand this game is in "BETA" hence why I wrote my review because something could actually be fixed, now the thing I don't think you understand is when I say one shot corvette machine, I really mean that even with shields this bloke was one shotting everyone on our team it was silly.

To be 100% with you the maps are pretty mediocre, we're playing a space game with big ships on a relatively small maps. the only map that actually had some merit was the space map, the rest are garbage. (We're basically flying around in Space Battleships in an urban styled map...)

oh and that bug I was complaining about should have been addressed in Alpha/Pre-Alpha, it shouldn't be an issue at any point in the game since its a vital function to actually playing the game...

In closing, I might come back and give this game a second look after release. When or if they hash out the bugs and make the game more enjoyable at the moment its just bland and boring. :/ "Just saying it, how it is."

July 23, 2016, 8:35 a.m.

Updated //
July 23, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

Dwarf#5072 posted (#post-41197)

now the thing I don't think you understand is when I say one shot corvette machine, I really mean that even with shields this bloke was one shotting everyone on our team it was silly.

Assault Blink Warp just got buffed and people are going crazy in it. For most ships it's easy to dodge or counter but against new players it's a little on the strong side because they do not expect it.

To be 100% with you the maps are pretty mediocre, we're playing a space game with big ships on a relatively small maps. the only map that actually had some merit was the space map, the rest are garbage. (We're basically flying around in Space Battleships in an urban styled map...)

Actually it's more like we're doing naval warfare in hovering ships, and some maps are already too big for the slower ships IMHO. Also as far as I am concerned Rings of Saturn (= the "space map) is the most boring map, I think game play is better on the other two.

oh and that bug I was complaining about should have been addressed in Alpha/Pre-Alpha, it shouldn't be an issue at any point in the game since its a vital function to actually playing the game...

Well, did you report the bug? If you didn't you've got no right to complain, you didn't do your job as a beta tester. And don't look at me, I've never run into that bug.

In closing, I might come back and give this game a second look after release. When or if they hash out the bugs and make the game more enjoyable at the moment its just bland and boring. :/ "Just saying it, how it is."

That's perfectly fine, not everybody has to like every game, and if you don't want to deal with bugs you should most certainly not be playing pre-release games. Not even released games are guaranteed to be bug free but pre-release games will have bugs. Always.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.