FORUMS

Corvettes are fine - Assault Blink Warp is slightly ridiculous.

Posted: //
July 23, 2016, 1:46 a.m.

The claims of Corvettes one-shotting ships without taking any damage were fairly unsubstantiated. Then Assault Blink Warp was discovered/patched at some point?

It is easily capable of instantly shredding any other Corvette, and I'm pretty sure it'll one-shot Valcours and Fulgoras with their shields up and full energy. It deals more damage than... I think, any other Corvette ability. And on top of that, it goes in a non-damage slot. So, it further adds to a build's damage potential.

Just... Halve the damage? Or something? I don't know?

I like how it takes skill to hit multiple ships with it, which would be a really cool play if it did less damage... But frankly it's just kinda embarrassing to get a triple kill with a single module.

July 23, 2016, 4:12 a.m.

They fixed and buffed ABW in the last patch, before that I was probably the only one using it. I'm sure the devs are closely looking at the post-patch stats and will re-balance once more where required.

I think it's fine except for the bypass shield issue. But personally I don't like any shield bypassing, Blast Pulse shouldn't do it, either, as far as I'm concerned.

But getting triple kill with that - who's forthcoming enough to line up for you like that?

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 23, 2016, 9:28 a.m.

Updated //
July 23, 2016, 9:29 a.m.

This is, admittedly, me unbalancing a game:

So many wrong

But... Shouldn't? Dreadnoughts? Counter? Corvettes?

July 23, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

dreadnoughts are like the worst counter to corvete's :p
countering corvete's is like saying an elephant should defeat a fly.
the fly can infect the elephant and slowly kill it, but the chances of the elephant killing the fly :p (other then fly not moving when elephant sits down lol)

you want something that's somewhat fast and packs a punch :p

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

July 23, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-41200)

So many wrong

Well, I can do the same in nearly any ship due to the small player base and thus imbalanced match-making at the moment. I've regularly been leading kill counts in a Koschei even, so I'd argue that ship balance arguments based on battle results are invalid from the get go.

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-41202)

Not wrong but also not right in a team context. If your tac hits one with a stasis beam then broadside + mortars from the dread is a fun way to squat that fly. smile

In other words, team play will always be the best counter to everything in this game.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 23, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-41203)

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-41200)

So many wrong

Well, I can do the same in nearly any ship due to the small player base and thus imbalanced match-making at the moment. I've regularly been leading kill counts in a Koschei even, so I'd argue that ship balance arguments based on battle results are invalid from the get go.

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-41202)

Not wrong but also not right in a team context. If your tac hits one with a stasis beam then broadside + mortars from the dread is a fun way to squat that fly. smile

In other words, team play will always be the best counter to everything in this game.
lol ye but if that corvete puts power to engines, he ignores the statis so :p
it's all about tactics/teamplay in that way
any ship is a counter to corvetes> if you assume the corvete doesnt move and sits there taking hits :p

July 23, 2016, 10:25 a.m.

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-41204)

Does power to engines overcome stasis beam now? I know it doesn't drain energy anymore so theoretically you can put power to engines now, but the few times I used it since the patch it still seemed a total lockdown (except abilities and briefings, of course).

July 23, 2016, 12:23 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-41205)

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-41204)

Does power to engines overcome stasis beam now? I know it doesn't drain energy anymore so theoretically you can put power to engines now, but the few times I used it since the patch it still seemed a total lockdown (except abilities and briefings, of course).

ye power to engines overcomes stasis beam (any engine boost like modules/power) basicaly make stasis next to meaningless and lets you fly 'fast' again :p

July 23, 2016, 1:18 p.m.

Updated //
July 23, 2016, 1:18 p.m.

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-41217)

ye power to engines overcomes stasis beam (any engine boost like modules/power) basicaly make stasis next to meaningless and lets you fly 'fast' again :p

Well for all other stasis except the beam that has always been true but since the beam continuously applies stasis it was the exception since it would counter the counter. Will have to test, have my doubts.

July 23, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

Seconding OP's msg... ABW is broke as CENSORED. It'd be like giving plasma ram destroyers an instant warp blink built into the ability....

Oh wait, thats exactly what it is, ON A CORVETTE!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.