FORUMS

Match Making Problem In VET QUEUE

Posted: //
March 11, 2017, 8:44 p.m.

Updated //
March 11, 2017, 8:52 p.m.

Hey all i just had a tier 3-4 game in vet queue now im fine having tier IIs on my team and vsing Tier IVs BUT when the entire enemy team -1 was Tier 4s and we did not have a single fricking T IV ship this game is getting to the point of no return how the FRICK are players meant to play when there are matches that shouldnt even be made if the developers care they wouldve fixed some of the issues in the last patch and not added more options to the shop to spend your gold .
all i have to say is thanks greybox you've ruined an enjoyable game by being greedy i hope some day Dread gets the fixes it much needs and gets the balancing it needs.

As for now queuing in vet and getting half a team of Tier IIs and Tier IIIs vs a near whole team of Tier Ivs is just sad and unenjoyable i hate it and im sure many of you players out there do to .

March 12, 2017, 6:13 a.m.

You should post a screenshot, helps convey the issue better.

I had this gem of a game happen yesterday http://imgur.com/a/8mdRR

Ended up going like 12/0/3 or something like that. Final score 100-40ish. Legit seal clubbing.

I really do believe matchmaking should be stricter and completely disallow T2 or below ships in Veteran matches. Some T2's can compete with the underpowered/bugged T3s but not with the good T3s and certainly not with any T4. There's no reason a T2 should even be in the same game as a T4.

At the very least, each team should have an even number of ships of the same tier. In the screenshot above, how is it that one team had 7 T4's and the other team only had 1? How hard is it to split them 4 and 4? Simple if/then statement CS 101 stuff right there.

March 12, 2017, 6:22 a.m.

According to the Community Hot Topics 4 this is intended. Developers think higher Tier pilots should enjoy their supremacy. It would be fine as it is.

March 12, 2017, 10:09 a.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

The game currently and clearly not very interesting because of this funny didee to play ships of different category.
No fun to do this loop by looping a t4 when you have a t2 or t3, but no pleasure having to spend all that time to get a t4
And to shoot t2 or t3. The difference between t2 t3 t4 it must be present if not no resound to make a t4 if a t3 does the same thing.
Many posts are made by legitimate frustration of this idea of making matches with different third parties, in other games I have never
View of the LIV 20 to have to beat cont of the level 40 one does not make a cource with a karting against a f1 xd.

March 13, 2017, 5:44 a.m.

Don't forget its still in beta and according to the devs, tweaks to the mm system are coming. Right now technical issues are getting fixed.

A more systematical issue with the mm system occurs when players who have TIV in their fleets and don't play them because they want to level their TIIIs. As long as these players don't put their TIVs out of their vet fleet, how should the matchmaker know they do not intend to play them? According to the hot topics mm takes the fleet composition in account, so when you have TIVs in your fleet you get equal opponents. So the player rank is a better determinator of good/bad mm than the ship tier.

To avoid this issue, I put only TIIIs in my vet fleet when i want to level my Otranto (TIII Med. Destroyer) for example. Another positive side effect is that maintenance cost is way lower without TIVs. (900 instead of 1500 credits)

Same thing with recruit fleets, as long as there is one T1 in the fleet, the whole fleet value is <TII and you should not be put in a vet game with your recruit fleet.

March 13, 2017, 6:01 a.m.

One TI in the fleet is not enough. It seems you may need 2 perhaps even 3 on a given night based on server pop.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

March 13, 2017, 11:25 a.m.

There is no problem with T3 and T4. Only when you choose your recruit fleet and have to fight veteran fleets.

March 13, 2017, 12:17 p.m.

I'm willing to bet that most of the other people on the other side of these seal clubbings are joining as a squad. Nothing the MM can do about people wanting to play together that all have tier 4 ships.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.