FORUMS

NERF HEALERS

Posted: //
March 12, 2017, 10:25 p.m.

It is unfair that 1. Two healers can be healing each other and any ship, and basically be invincible, 2. I have had numerous times that i would be in a 3v2 three of my team, an example being 2 dreadnought tier 4 and a tier 3 destroyer vs only a healer and a tier 3 dreadnought, In that situation you would think you would feel strong, but no, you will absolutely get annihilated because their healing capabilities are limitless and you cannot take any health off the healer because he is hiding behind or going up and down, or kill the dreadnought, because he is INVINCIBLE, this is very unfair and I have seriously thought about quitting because every team i go against has this superior healer and makes me hate playing, makes me hate my ship, and I want to love this game, but that one Thing is making me angry and unhappy with the game, it also makes gaining research painfull instead of losing every other match...PLEASE fix this, make healers not able to heal eachother, or atleast lower their healing amounts.

March 13, 2017, 4:45 a.m.

Updated //
March 13, 2017, 5:15 a.m.

More healers in team means less damage output. And less protection for healers.
I dont think heals should be banned from reapiring each other. We just need some rebalance in their HP and damage resistance. So more healers doesnt equal better team.

March 13, 2017, 5:22 a.m.

Updated //
March 13, 2017, 7:46 a.m.

dreadpony#0823 posted (#post-113736)

More healers means less damage and protection for them.

Well, i wouldn´t call it "less" protection, if 2 of them can heal themselfes against an army AND survive it? What unpleasent result this can cause? Just play onlsaught, where the healers protect the command ship and make it immortal too, while the rest of their fleet crushes the enemy ships.
Team deathmatch the same, you can´t score, if you cannot outdamage the healers :/

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

March 13, 2017, 5:58 a.m.

Updated //
March 13, 2017, 6:04 a.m.

I suggest playing healer for yourself and you will likely see that they're not invincible, cannot heal everything and that multiple healers on a team are a bad idea most of the time.

To break entrechned teams with two healers. You should start attacking the heals and tell your team to do so to. Drain them, Use Weapon breaker. Vindicta Ram, Vette with high alpha strike. Coordinate your nukes....
Don't forget an entrechned team works together. True its not a very high amount of team play but it is team play, so you need team play on your side to win. Simple as that.
And if the enemy is stacking heals and your team does not, the dps on your side should be much higher.
To my experience in higher tier games, entrechned teams are more often on the loosing side because they're passive.

To the opener and the 3vs2 scenario: One healer and a dread against two dreads and one destroyer, you will only lose that encounter when ignoring the heal and only shot the dread. And by doing so, you totally deserve to do so. ;-) Just ignore the dread and kill the healer cause the healer cannot heal himself.

March 13, 2017, 6:15 a.m.

Nilspferd#4349 posted (#post-113744)

To break entrechned teams with two healers. You should start attacking the heals and tell your team to do so to. Drain them, Use Weapon breaker. Vindicta Ram, Vette with high alpha strike. Coordinate your nukes....

That sounds like a lot of T4 stuff, you suggest as a sloution to break a healer Team. May i ask about a Suggestion, how a mostly T3 Team could break it?

Also, the rest of their Team isn´t stupid and do nothing, if they notice, that something is going on to harm their healers, the usually protect them. They fire back, and they can do that pretty well, because to reach their healers you have to go through their main force first.

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

March 13, 2017, 7:32 a.m.

Updated //
March 13, 2017, 7:35 a.m.

You can solo tactical groups in vettes, in the same way tacticals are anti vette ships. They are each others nemesis.

I always have a stealth vette in my line up to take out tactical teams for when our team dosent focus fire properly. The ONLY time a tactical team (2=3 tacs) seems unbeatable is when your team dosent focus fire on one... period. A vette or dessie distracting a tactical whilst your team punish another ship breaks up the healing triangle.

Use tactics, dont blame the game.

March 14, 2017, 9:05 a.m.

I agree healers need a serious nerf.
2 or more healers working together can be nearly invincible, I esperienced it from both sides and it just feels wrong.
Personally I'd fix this lowering healers HP so they really need phisical protection from other ships and establishing a maximun rate of hp per seconds that ship can be repaired.
Every ship cannot be healed of more than TOT hp per second so if two healers are already repairing a ship up to his maximum repair rate if a third comes by it will not encrease the repair rate, prementing the creation of invincible mobs.

March 16, 2017, 11:05 p.m.

I do agree that Healers do need a nerf. They currently are just way too powerful. One healer holding his beam down on a ship shouldn't make that ship invincible against the full onslaught of 3+ other ships combined DPS.

That needs to stop.

I think that healers should be able to make a ship a very solid tank against 2 other ships, but not invincible. Just going down quite slowly, giving that ally time to move away and reposition.

As it is, 2 ships attacking one being healed... the ship being attacked just laughs and says "My wounds heal faster than you can make them!"

March 17, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

that moment when you play a dreadnought and finally managed to hug that pescy artillery.
you unleash a full barrage + missiles on him 100% hit. draw him in with your tractor beam and load energy to the weapons and unleash heII on him.

he walks out full-live and you die D:

I shall call this the "koschei effect"
-it goes against any logic, but it is happening! T__T

March 17, 2017, 4:38 p.m.

Updated //
March 17, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

I'd be interested to see a weapon mod that reduces repair rates on the target. Perhaps something like a nanite torpedo that does damage over a few seconds, as well as stops all healing, or halves all healing, something like that.

Maybe something like maybe a torpedo ammo mod, but that breaks heals temporarily. Lore wise it could be an "enveloping" plasma weapon that stops directed beam effects. or halves them. etc. (also, it might be sweet to have it have a sort of red envelope (opposite of healer beams green) that looks like a sort of fiery shield effect.

Sort of like an offensive "anti-shield". Sounds like a destroyer module or perhaps a DN module.

Most games that have heals, have some sort of heal-breaking effect that has to be used tactically.

Oh and, perhaps give this effect to some of the other tacs besides the Koshei :-/ which just seems to be the most effective of all healers. (maybe even a tac that's designed to be an anti-healer might be fun)

What ya all think?

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
[Arthur C. Clarke's 3rd Law]
-DeclinHall (aka Deck)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.