FORUMS

Update 1.5.0 Per Aspera Ad Astra Megathread

Posted: //
March 26, 2017, 2:17 p.m.

Normandy03#6697 posted (#post-115041)

srs bisnis#8463 posted (#post-114942)

A few bugs came with this patch:
There's weird, annoying audio during the post-match screen.
Ship icons are all black and harder to make out at a glance.
I can still get the quick respawn glitch in onslaught.
The new ID number in your player card makes the name of your rank run off the edge.

Edit: After a few more matches, I can definitively say that I don't like the new heal beam noises. They're just grating.

Agreed. And yes, the new heal beam noises are a bit harsh now, especially if they follow you back into the hangar after a match has ended. lol.

Sometimes they follow in the match too. Has happened in almost every match so far, when I have been healed, then fly across the map and beam sound still keeps screeching around me no matter what I do. It can be ears breaking sometimes to the point I have to mute the game.

March 28, 2017, 11:07 a.m.

Sooo... you give us this patch with a metric ton of bugs and then you duck away from this very thread you guys opened for the sole purpose of said patch?

March 29, 2017, 2:14 a.m.

Great work with the patch!

Cheers!

March 29, 2017, 4:11 a.m.

The2ndpete#2162 posted (#post-114947)

@Lincrono
Maintenance costs aren't insane. They're just 500C per ship in your fleet!
Don't you finish every match in first place with 3000 Credits net gain? [/sarcasm]

I removed all ships except one from my "fleet" to not loose Credits in Veteran matches.
Tactical flexibility? ...about as much as a Destroyer can deliver but everything else is too costly.
Maybe I'll see it differently once I got all ships and modules and don't need to spend 50 matches to buy one new module but until then:

STUPIDLY BAD DESIGN CHOICES!

I haven't lost serious credits from Veteran matches in a very long time. Getting an average vet player score of 1200-1800 provides a good amount of credits post maintenance. If you are consistently scoring less than 1000 and its not down to terrible matchmaking then you aren't ready for veteran matches.
To give you an idea, I play 3-5 games most nights which is enough to pay for a new T4 module every evening (14-25k credits) and use a full T4 fleet. My average score is 1200-2400.

March 29, 2017, 8:23 a.m.

BadAlchemy#4871 posted (#post-115385)
I haven't lost serious credits from Veteran matches in a very long time. Getting an average vet player score of 1200-1800 provides a good amount of credits post maintenance. If you are consistently scoring less than 1000 and its not down to terrible matchmaking then you aren't ready for veteran matches.
To give you an idea, I play 3-5 games most nights which is enough to pay for a new T4 module every evening (14-25k credits) and use a full T4 fleet. My average score is 1200-2400.

Yeah, progressing in a game like this should be only available for the above average players, the better pilots, everyone else? Should be stuck in recruitment playing in maxed ships unable to earn exp to get new, better ships, that is obviously a smart game design, that will in no way alienate new players and doom this game...

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

March 29, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

Updated //
March 29, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

@Lincrono
Don't you finish every match in first place with 3000 Credits net gain? [/sarcasm]

I removed all ships except one from my "fleet" to not loose Credits in Veteran matches.
Tactical flexibility? ...about as much as a Destroyer can deliver but everything else is too costly.
Maybe I'll see it differently once I got all ships and modules and don't need to spend 50 matches to buy one new module but until then:

I find this hard to believe. though i'll admit my numbers may be slightly different on the base level. my maintenance cost is currently 1400 and change (though my average score in most games, including losses, is upwards of 3000-4000, I rarely pay maint). but i'll use the 900 I paid for a single TIII ship as an example. Score translates almost directly into credits, there's usually only a few hundred credit difference, though it's variable because some actions award more credits for the same score (like killing an enemy vs healing) so in a 1200 point game you'd make maybe 1500 or 1600 and pay 900 which gives you 600-700. in a 2400 game you might make 2800-2900 credits and pay 900. that equals 1900-2000 net income. Even if i'm nice, assume you win every game every night, make 3000 credits per game, and play 5 games you are just barely making enough to buy a 14k module every night.

If i'm more realistic, you probably pay more maintenance than me (I only run 3 TIV ships, not a full fleet, which I don't have) therefore i'll assume 1500 maintenance costs. redoing the numbers you'd make a net 100 credit income from a loss at the low end of your stated average score, and at the high end you're looking at 1300-1400 credits. I'll assume more realistically that you win all but one game every night, make 2500 credits per win 1400 credits per loss (higher end of you average stated score) and still play your max games of 5 you make enough to buy the 14k module every other night. it could be you are seriously understating your average score, I have the advantage of having actually recorded my data in a spreadsheet since my recruit games.

If you are understating your score from what you describe i'd assume you're making closer to 3000 score each game, you're probably also placing top 3 in a few of your losses, and you're win rate is upwards of 60%. In which case you're above average, not average, and the maintenance pain and surrounding arguments don't really apply to you.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

March 29, 2017, 9:25 a.m.

@Lincrono

I find this hard to believe. though i'll admit my numbers may be slightly different on the base level. my maintenance cost is currently 1400 and change (though my average score in most games, including losses, is upwards of 3000-4000, I rarely pay maint). but i'll use the 900 I paid for a single TIII ship as an example. Score translates almost directly into credits, there's usually only a few hundred credit difference, though it's variable because some actions award more credits for the same score (like killing an enemy vs healing) so in a 1200 point game you'd make maybe 1500 or 1600 and pay 900 which gives you 600-700. in a 2400 game you might make 2800-2900 credits and pay 900. that equals 1900-2000 net income. Even if i'm nice, assume you win every game every night, make 3000 credits per game, and play 5 games you are just barely making enough to buy a 14k module every night.

If i'm more realistic, you probably pay more maintenance than me (I only run 3 TIV ships, not a full fleet, which I don't have) therefore i'll assume 1500 maintenance costs. redoing the numbers you'd make a net 100 credit income from a loss at the low end of your stated average score, and at the high end you're looking at 1300-1400 credits. I'll assume more realistically that you win all but one game every night, make 2500 credits per win 1400 credits per loss (higher end of you average stated score) and still play your max games of 5 you make enough to buy the 14k module every other night. it could be you are seriously understating your average score, I have the advantage of having actually recorded my data in a spreadsheet since my recruit games.

If you are understating your score from what you describe i'd assume you're making closer to 3000 score each game, you're probably also placing top 3 in a few of your losses, and you're win rate is upwards of 60%. In which case you're above average, not average, and the maintenance pain and surrounding arguments don't really apply to you.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

March 29, 2017, 9:26 a.m.

@Lincrono

March 29, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

@BadAlchemy

March 29, 2017, 10:10 a.m.

Updated //
March 29, 2017, 10:11 a.m.

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-115408)

Yeah, progressing in a game like this should be only available for the above average players, the better pilots, everyone else? Should be stuck in recruitment playing in maxed ships unable to earn exp to get new, better ships, that is obviously a smart game design, that will in no way alienate new players and doom this game...

if one is stuck in recruit with a maxed fleet and is still unable to unlock all the t3 ships, he should deinstall and play something that matches his skill level (Tetris, Solitaire) instead of wasting his time...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.