FORUMS

Stress on my computer while MM

Posted: //
March 22, 2017, 10:33 p.m.

Is there a reason that the hangar stresses my computer so much? I just waited 15 minutes for a match and finally shut the match down so my computer could breathe. The matches themselves don't appear to be as stressful on my computer.

I5-6500 w/ RX480 in an itx case. Computer handles the game fine, but really winds up while in the hangar.

March 23, 2017, 3:35 a.m.

I was checking yesterday, and one the hangar, my GPU is burning at 100% power usage (GTX 680) in the hangar, while in the ship selection lobby, I have a max of 65% power usage. In-game I had roughly 70~90% power-usage. Something in the hangar is using up way more resources than it should.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

March 23, 2017, 9:45 p.m.

I have a feeling that the ship in the hanger is actually floating. This would require a ton of resources recalculating it's position, even though it's virtually undetectable.

March 23, 2017, 10:59 p.m.

Me too. No reason my fan should be running full blast while in the hanger.
And no difference when task barred...

This means, if there is any reason to get up from the computer, I should shut down the game... Maybe this encourages me to not come back...

45% processor use just in hanger and task barred.

Maybe ok for beta, but needs to be cleaned up for final.

March 24, 2017, 7:59 a.m.

Updated //
March 24, 2017, 8 a.m.

RAIDMAX AGUSTA ATX-605BW Black/White Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
AMD FX(tm)-6200 Six-Core Processor
Memory: 16384MB RAM
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB on GP106-A GPU (slightly overclocked)
avg fps: 55.683 (in-game benchmark)
All air cooled

My card runs about 150 fahrenheit while in hanger, and in a fight. No real change in the processing on the cpu, or gpu even at max settings. I'm also running 2 monitors, one with the game running on it and the other with a webpage usually open on it, all with a messload of stuff running in the systray smile

Not sure where you guys are having issues. possibly need to upgrade your gpu? maybe run msi afterburner (or msi kombuster), and see where you stand.

"You don't mind that I overclocked the ship's modules, right? I mean, it's not like they've caught on fire..."

March 26, 2017, 1:02 a.m.

I'm running i5-6500 w/ rx480, 8gb ram both system and card. 3 monitors, 2x27" 1920x1080 and a center 34" 2560x1080 where the game runs. Small raidmax atomic itx case, known to run a bit hot. My question is why the hanger, which should have a much lower compute toll on both the cpu and gpu, runs the hardware as hard, or harder, than matches themselves do. If I can successfully get in matches, within a reasonable amount of time, I can play for several hours. If I'm in matchmaking for long periods of time (i.e. in the hanger) the fans quickly go to full bore and the case gets hot to the touch.

If anything, the fans seem to be slightly less stressed coming out of a match, as opposed to when the match starts.

Aug. 24, 2017, 4:31 a.m.

This is definitely an issue. My fans sometimes go over 90% on my gpu to keep it from overheating in the hangar. In matches the load fluctuates and the fans are down around 50-60%.

Aug. 24, 2017, 4:51 a.m.

Put the game into dashboard while you are MM. It greatly decreases resources.

Aug. 24, 2017, 5:14 a.m.

there's actually quite a lot happening on the entire screen in the hanger, reflection, lighting on almost every pixel rendered. Constantly much more there than in actual gameplay

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Aug. 24, 2017, 7:26 a.m.

Hangar for some reason is very GPU heavy. Maybe graphics settings is higher in hangar view or some bug is present. Once im back in hangar GPU fans get loud fast and in actual game card barely audible.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.