FORUMS

sup with the random numbers after player names?

Posted: //
March 24, 2017, 2:02 p.m.

After patch all players have some sort of number combination or identifier after their names causing chat to be very cluttered and long due to every players name being +5 digits longer.
It looks awful and does not need to be visible. Pls fix...

March 24, 2017, 2:05 p.m.

Names are not unique, there can be severel thousand Zeragons out there, so they added the number to tell them apart.

Recruit Engineer

March 24, 2017, 3:01 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-114826)

Names are not unique, there can be severel thousand Zeragons out there, so they added the number to tell them apart.

No one will ever be able to remember the difference between Zeragon 12345 and Zeragon 23456 so they might aswell make names unique or add a shorter way to differ between identical named accounts. The way it is now is a disgrace, watching the chat is like watching a helpdesk conversation.

March 24, 2017, 4:18 p.m.

Hey Zeragon,

At account creation these numbers are generated as part of our way to properly identify your Grey Box account. This helps our Customer Support grant you the correct items when you open a ticket or make sure your account isn't mixed up with another player when we run a bounty hunt contest in-game, among other things.

Since we allow more than one account to have the same username, we have received reports from players that it has been difficult to contact their friend's account and socialize in Dreadnought if they share names with another user.

With 1.5.0 we stopped hiding these identifying numbers after each username due to this issue. We are in the process now of making this a cleaner and smoother experience, as the UI is not surfacing these usernames as clearly as we would like, and making sure that interacting with other players in Dreadnought is as easy as possible.

Thanks for the feedback on the design, and we look forward to improving this!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

March 24, 2017, 4:23 p.m.

Its ugly and this would be the only game i've ever seen to have developer related identifiers jammed onto players name. Please remove immediately.

March 25, 2017, 11:37 a.m.

I would suggest leaving this numbers out of the chat window. They have uses in places like scoreboards and the hangar screen, but may not be needed in the regular play chat window.

Also, I notice at the end of every match every single name is displayed with the number "123456".

March 26, 2017, 11:04 a.m.

Make them exclusive to the player profile. If someone needs to know if I am Skurkanas 21532453 or Skurkanas 123124143 he can contact me and I can check. But there's no point having these displayed by default

Also I hope we are still able to add people via their normal names without having to add the number identifier?

March 27, 2017, 9:18 a.m.

Updated //
March 27, 2017, 11:54 a.m.

Zeragon#8346 posted (#post-114824)

SUP WITH THE RANDOM NUMBERS AFTER PLAYER NAMES?

This is how they chose to correct the fck up of allowing multiple people to have the same name. Bet your bottom dollar it wasn't intended to be this way. Just one of many oversights on their path to failure.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.