FORUMS

Open letter/question to the CM members.

Posted: //
March 27, 2017, 8:22 p.m.

So there is a topic where there clearly is some tension between MiguelItUp and Quayjay now I don't want to talk about that. But it did get me thinking and when Miquel said just ask away I suppose I shall.

I reserve quick questions for the twitch streams but its really not to place somewhat longer questions and try to get good thought out answers when thor is being his active self.

So the question is rather simple what really is the job as a community manager. Now the first thing that directly jumps into my head is that you guys are the the one's that fill the gap between the community and the devs. So you are their eye's and ears and feel out how where the community stands.

However I think some of frustrations that are boiling up at this point is that certain things do seem to fall on deaf ears. I would like to think that when a meeting comes along where the CM members sit at the table then someone says "we now are going to work on project X" you guys just go "No we would strongly advice against it, because a part of our community is ready to pick up the torches and pitchforks so please consider option X". I understand that with fundamental changes in core game mechanics or monetization mechanics a lot more has to be discussed and done so I won't go there now. But things like bug fixes and quick balance fixes those are things that really should not be in the game for as long as some of them do.

Now you job is also to promote the game and announce things but maybe be more active within the game itself. I like to think it would give you guys more insight into the problems that many of run into and make a lot of noise about. So instead of just hearing it from some people you actually know where its coming from. Anyway that's my 2 cents on it subject I simply do not see many CM members play the game at all so I sometimes feel like that when you get complains you really don't always see the real problem directly since you have not experienced it yourself.

Anyway if the CM decide to respond great, if not then I get it since I am kinda asking things that might not be something that should be discussed on a game forum. Apart from the question about CM members partaking more in in-game activities I like to think that's a reasonable question.

March 28, 2017, 3:29 a.m.

Updated //
March 28, 2017, 3:51 a.m.

I think its pretty obvious what the problem is.

Questions are not being answered, they are being diverted, we get nothing but a slap in the face and a closed thread. We don't even get the option to continue to discuss our issues or respond to the half-hearted answer that was given.

This game is in serious trouble of crumbling into nothing and instead of addressing our complaints, we get this........

DN_MiguelItUp

Topic: Forum bug: Deleting posts?
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread

Topic: Server crashed, twice..
Closing this thread.

Topic: Game won't start
Closing this thread

Topic: Cant connect to servers
Closing this thread now!

Topic: Survey question
Closing this thread.

Topic: Umm, Devs?
Closing this thread.

Topic: So after 3 weeks no DN
Closing this thread.

Topic: @Devs: Can you realize all this?
Closing this thread.

Topic: Mars Map still crashing the game
Closing this thread.

Topic: About the Game
Closing this thread.

Topic: When is the projected release date?
Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread now.

Topic: Chunks/ stereo
I'm going to close this thread.

Topic: Audio glitch
I'll be closing this thread.

Topic: best score in game
I'll be closing this thread!

Topic: Give us chat in the Hangar so its not so boring waiting for matches
Closing thread.

Topic: Login often fails with 'Server unavailable..'
Closing this thread.

Topic: Fix Flag ship please.
Closing this thread.

Topic: Best Matchmaking ever!
I'm going to be closing this thread

Topic: Has to be a bug - Onslaught Command Ship Spawns
Now if you don't mind I'm going to close this thread.

Topic: A question about spawning locations.
I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: YouTube stream
I'm going to close this thread.

Topic: Tried it for a day..
Now if you don't mind I'll be closing this thread.

Topic: Why does the game have to be Pay to Win?
Now if you don't mind I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: Ditch Maintenance!
I was floating with the idea of closing this thread

Topic: So uh, Real question here.
Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go ahead and close this.

Topic: What happens when game goes steam??
Closing this thread!

Topic: Steam
I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread

Topic: Had to pay Maintenance although i was on top of Highscore
Closing thread.

Topic: How can you post a picture in this Forum?
Closing this thread!

Topic: A Petition for Change
Thread closed.

Topic: Unequal matchmaking
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: SPAMMING
Closing this thread.

Topic: So, did they revert progression 2.0 yet?
Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: [MATCHMAKING] Why do we deserve this?
I'll be closing this thread

Topic: I don't think I understand
Now if you don't mind, I'll be closing this thread

Topic: Did they reset dreadnough accounts?
I'll go ahead and close it.

Topic: Too real as a shitpost!
Closing this thread.

Topic: Server unavailable regulary?
Closing thread.

Topic: Please Forum Mod's
I'll go ahead and close this thread now.

Topic: All my Friends Just Quit smile
Closing this thread.

Topic: The under the map crash with a maintenance cost
Closing this thread.

Topic: Enough of this, because enough is enough!
Thread closed.

Topic: Encountered Bugs (VIDEOS)
I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: Maintenance is a bad game mechanic
Closing this thread.

Topic: Seriously, when will this korean nonsense stop?!!
I'll go ahead and close this thread

Topic: REMOVE - Team Elimination
Closing this thread.

Topic: FAILURE!SOMETHING WENT WRONG!MY MONEY IS WASTED!
Closing the thread

Topic: I guess this is the end. Goodbye.
Thread closed.

Topic: Matchmaking is getting even worse than before
I'll be closing this thread

Topic: Open beta (ps4)
I'll go ahead and close this thread

Topic: No Patch/Hotfix today (They Hope for Tomorrow)
I'll go ahead and close this thread.

Topic: Returning player and my god this tier system is awful.
I'm closing this thread

AND THIS WAS JUST IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS!!
I didn't bother to go back further.

Are you starting to see the pattern here?

Any topic that he doesn't like or describes Dreadnought in any type of negative light, instantly gets closed by DN_MiguelItUp. Not a single topic that was closed was a positive topic about Dreadnought.

This is NOT the way a board is suppose to function. This is directly responsible for why people are leaving the game as fast as new players are joining. Nobody knows what is going on. They just see massive complaints about every aspect of the game and instead of seeing a positive way of addressing the issues, we get "Now if you don't mind, I'll be closing this thread."

YES, YES WE DO MIND, but rarely get the chance to say so.

Well, I said my peace and am quite confident as soon as DN_MiguelItUp sees this, it will be business as usual "Now if you don't mind, I'll be closing this thread." Of course he will delete my comment 1st because its just to honest for him to accept. Probably get a forum ban on this account also lol.

P.S. @ DN_Thor My God you are one sexy motherf***er, I would love to see your hammer smile

March 28, 2017, 3:38 a.m.

I think he is doing exactly as he should. constant raging like a lot of ppl do is exactly what scares away new players without even playing the game.

I read some of the mentioned posts and most of the time the question was answered so no need to keep the thread. And there are alot of complaining posts that are not closed. Your view seems heavily biased my friend.

Regards

March 28, 2017, 3:49 a.m.

Updated //
March 28, 2017, 3:57 a.m.

Dmnd292#1578 posted (#post-115227)

I think he is doing exactly as he should. constant raging like a lot of ppl do is exactly what scares away new players without even playing the game.

I read some of the mentioned posts and most of the time the question was answered so no need to keep the thread. And there are alot of complaining posts that are not closed. Your view seems heavily biased my friend.

Regards

Look "My Friend" everyone knows who I am. Everyone knows how much time I have put into this game. I'm about as advanced of a player as they come. Who are you? I don't see you on the tier 5 list, so apparently you have no idea what Dreadnought is all about yet. Give it time, you will wake up and realize there is a lot more going on here then you realize at this time.

The questions are not answered, the questions are diverted. Most of the topics that have been closed, the issue is still present in the game. Saying they are aware or that they will look into it, then nothing EVER HAPPENS, is NOT what I consider answering the questions in any sort of meaningful way. This is the reason he is closing them, he wants to sweep it under a rug and hope people forget about it.

March 28, 2017, 5:26 a.m.

Correct me if i am wrong:

You like the game alot, since you had to put 300 or alot more hours into it to get as advanced as you say you are.

You have alot of expectations what should be changed and you want it to be changed fast.
You fear that your beloved game is going to waste if they dont change things.
You dont like how the community manager handles the forum.

To me it looks like your expectations are too high.

You are correct i am new to the game and i like it alot.
But i dont think that anything but very constructive feedback will ever be noticed by Communitymanagers and Devs.

Look for example in WOW forums. There is always 90+% complaining and still 10 million people play the game.

I think the best way to support a game like Dreadnaught is to acept what there is right now and not what it may become in the future. the latter will only make you unhappy.

regards

March 28, 2017, 8:46 a.m.

Woooh you guys getting a bit off topic here. I wanted to know what the community managers really do on a daily basis, I like to think they are the gap between the community and the devs but I do feel that there is still a gap between the community and the community managers. But maybe my idea of what their job really is is just off but I was trying to do so without attacking them.

Dmnd there are quite alot of topics on the forums with some good constructive feed back and especially right after the progression update came in the forum was flooded with ideas. However the majority of it was either ignored or deemed impossible. The frustration comes from the people that were in the alpha testing and closed beta. The game was very different back then and a lot of the players from the alpha and closed beta just left because they truly felts like the game was going into the wrong direction. Some of us seem to have the patience of saints so we are still here and some accept everything that the devs put out and take a more passive approach like your suggesting but others like myself are a bit more vocal.

I do believe if noone speaks up then nothing will change, and until the game goes live its the right time to be vocal about things. Believe me, when you stick around long enough you will also start seeing issues and start to understand why some are becoming frustrated and some even get hostile. So you can decide to stay passive and let it eat away on you but eventually you will just leave like a thief in the night. Or let your voice be heard, right now with this small of a community your voice might actually reach someone. Once the game goes live your opinion will probably just drown in a sea of bashing.

March 28, 2017, 9:18 a.m.

Nataku#3670 posted (#post-115240)

Woooh you guys getting a bit off topic here. I wanted to know what the community managers really do on a daily basis, I like to think they are the gap between the community and the devs but I do feel that there is still a gap between the community and the community managers. But maybe my idea of what their job really is is just off but I was trying to do so without attacking them.

In your original post I think you nailed most of their job from what I know. They are basically the middle man between us and the developers/management. They do indeed go to meetings and voice the concerns of the community to the devs/management. When you say that "I think some of frustrations that are boiling up at this point is that certain things do seem to fall on deaf ears" you can point blame more at the management than the Community Managers. When any of the CMs say that they hear your concerns and read all of the feedback they are not lying, they really do understand your feedback and a lot of the times they probably agree. But that feedback doesn't really do much when management doesn't listen to those concerns.

If there is anything I can get across in this post it is that people should stop hating on the CMs, they are people too and they are just doing the job they were hired to do. They don't make decisions they just follow orders; and as the saying goes "Don't shoot the messenger".

Anywhoo that's really all I have for now.

Cheers!

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 28, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

Dmnd292#1578 posted (#post-115234)

Correct me if i am wrong:

You like the game alot, since you had to put 300 or alot more hours into it to get as advanced as you say you are.

You have alot of expectations what should be changed and you want it to be changed fast.
You fear that your beloved game is going to waste if they dont change things.
You dont like how the community manager handles the forum.

To me it looks like your expectations are too high.

You are correct i am new to the game and i like it alot.
But i dont think that anything but very constructive feedback will ever be noticed by Communitymanagers and Devs.

Look for example in WOW forums. There is always 90+% complaining and still 10 million people play the game.

I think the best way to support a game like Dreadnaught is to acept what there is right now and not what it may become in the future. the latter will only make you unhappy.

regards

Dmnd292

Look Hunny, when you have over 1,000+ games played and sitting on three Tier 5 ships, go ahead and come back and give me your opinion.

As it stands right now, you have no Idea what you are defending. I would be surprised if you have made it out of recruit matches yet. I loved the game to when I was still a recruit, it holds your hand and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Come back and tell me what you think when you are losing over 1,500+ credits per game just in maintenance fees, every single time it crashes.

I'm down somewhere around 670,000+ Credits just in game glitches and unintentionally low payout rewards. I had over 800 games in before they fixed the payout rewards. Rewards were increased by about 800 credits per game (for me) 800X800=640,000 Credits lost.

Yeah, you come back and let me know what you think when you are stripped of 670,000 Credits lol

As I stated, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DEFENDING!

Funny thing is, its not the credits lost that has me upset. It is the way they are communicating or NOT communicating by closing topics for issues that have not been addressed and or fixed.

If the issue still exists in the game, then there is absolutely NO REASON to close a thread related to that issue.

We have gotten to the point where we get two possible outcomes for a topic.
1. We either get a (we are looking into it) response followed by closing the topic.
or
2. The topic gets completely ignored altogether.

With me its usually the latter. I have asked multiple questions pertaining to the graphics, release date advertising and several others that have gone completely ignored.

I am the ONLY player in this game to have three Tier 5 ships. I either earned them through extensive game play or I spent real money obtaining them. Either way, this fact alone makes me a extremely advanced player and there is no reason my questions should be ignored, let alone have the topics closed.

March 28, 2017, 9:42 a.m.

Sinofmen#0600 posted (#post-115245)

I am the ONLY player in this game to have three Tier 5 ships. I either earned them through extensive game play or I spent real money obtaining them. Either way, this fact alone makes me a extremely advanced player and there is no reason my questions should be ignored, let alone have the topics closed.

That is quite impressive indeed! However, just because you are an "advanced" player does not give you right to anything over another player, even if they are newer. There are many reasons that the CMs might "ignore" or close your topic. For starters they might not have an answer to your question or they might now be allowed to share information regarding it. As for why they may close a thread if the topic is hateful or toxic that is a good enough reason to remove it from the forums in my opinion. It is possible to give feedback and ask questions without being demanding or toxic and if they are allowed to answer those questions I'm sure they would. As a simple reminder, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 28, 2017, 9:54 a.m.

Yeah I know chip I know that managers are eventually the one's pulling the strings but if the CM's can't convince them about certain situations then what would be the point of hiring them to begin with. (No offense intended here guys)

Like now you turned my vision of thor just standing up and go like "NO I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS" to some guy in a suit also standing up being half thors size and just go.... "Sit down".. I know its business reality but since they are the community managers they are the one's going to get the flak from the players. They have essentially been put in crosshairs of players when the higher ups do something wrong. Which does kinda come with the job so saying don't shoot the messenger goes only so far. They do have have a job where they kinda have to take the good and the bad.

I agree its unnecessary to really lay it on to them because there simply is so much they can do. But dealing with criticism is going to be a thing. Now I like the streams and thor really does a good job with it but that's the only time we really see him and Miquel interact with the community. Yeah I know they talk on discord from time to time but if they were to spend a bit more time with us players ingame they also get to experience some of the things first hand and then have the ability to say so during meetings instead of saying "Look the community is saying they have a problem". After experience first hand I would think they can make a far more stronger argument. Yeah I know there are many downsides to this aswell and there are a ton of reasons why devs or anybody related to them don't play with the community. But we are living in different times now and especially during this phase of game development where the gap between players and devs is smaller then during when a game goes live one would think it could benefit the game in the long run.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.