FORUMS

Open letter/question to the CM members.

Posted: //
Oct. 27, 2017, 5:58 a.m.

So it has been 7 months since this thread was posted, has anything changed? It don't appear so.

WAIT, WAIT, yes something has changed!

It's a completely new group of players complaining about the same old stuff! I wonder what happen to the old group of players complaining about this stuff?

Probably some banned, most probably just said screw it and left this game to die. Oh well, the DN will figure it out at some point I'm sure but at that point it will be to late, if it's not already to late smile

Oct. 27, 2017, 6:29 a.m.

It is reasonable that players that reach the end game ask questions about where the game goes from there. And everyone is allowed to hope.
What is not reasonable is to believe they have an extra level of privilege and the right to DEMAND.

To have any and all questions answered to their satisfaction, or to have all features dissected and discussed and then shaped to their ideas of how things should be.
An advanced player with "5 tier 5 ships" is no more or less than any other player: They have a right to their opinion and that's about it. There is no additional entitlement beyond "thanks for playing our game".

Entitlement is the key word - cos there's a lot rolling round this forum these days and frankly its a bit disgusting.

I went back and checked all those closed topics SinofMen - and most of them were reasonably answered. Some had dragged on - and some were simply rants with no real purpose other than to pick sores open.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this game is developing at too slow a progression rate for a lot of the "senior" players - and they don't like that.

It is also very obvious that some feel entitled to having more information than is probably available to the CM - and are happy to beat up the CM when he cant answer their every whim.

Lastly: how much of a self-entitled prig does one have to be to start railing on a human being and accuse them of not doing their job when all they are doing is their job? - just not to your highly unrealistic levels of expectation.

No. No amount of tier 5 ships should give anybody the entitlement to insult demena or belittle the people working to deliver the game.
Theres a golden rule to online gaming that I think people need to remember: Its only a game. If you are frustrated take a break.
Perhaps you need to take a break from Dreadnought for a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

Oct. 27, 2017, 3:38 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 27, 2017, 3:42 p.m.

Bonita#7095 posted (#post-162360)

It is reasonable that players that reach the end game ask questions about where the game goes from there. And everyone is allowed to hope.
What is not reasonable is to believe they have an extra level of privilege and the right to DEMAND.

To have any and all questions answered to their satisfaction, or to have all features dissected and discussed and then shaped to their ideas of how things should be.
An advanced player with "5 tier 5 ships" is no more or less than any other player: They have a right to their opinion and that's about it. There is no additional entitlement beyond "thanks for playing our game".

Entitlement is the key word - cos there's a lot rolling round this forum these days and frankly its a bit disgusting.

I went back and checked all those closed topics SinofMen - and most of them were reasonably answered. Some had dragged on - and some were simply rants with no real purpose other than to pick sores open.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this game is developing at too slow a progression rate for a lot of the "senior" players - and they don't like that.

It is also very obvious that some feel entitled to having more information than is probably available to the CM - and are happy to beat up the CM when he cant answer their every whim.

Lastly: how much of a self-entitled prig does one have to be to start railing on a human being and accuse them of not doing their job when all they are doing is their job? - just not to your highly unrealistic levels of expectation.

No. No amount of tier 5 ships should give anybody the entitlement to insult demena or belittle the people working to deliver the game.
Theres a golden rule to online gaming that I think people need to remember: Its only a game. If you are frustrated take a break.
Perhaps you need to take a break from Dreadnought for a bit.

Who exactly are you talking to? Sinofmen? That's funny, I checked their profile and they haven't logged-in in over 5 months! I think its's pretty safe to say, that person went ahead and abandoned this game a long time ago. You tell him to take a break and he beat you to the punch months ago.

Basic info
Name: Sinofmen#0600
Last activity: May 22, 2017 at 08:19 PM GMT

That was kind of my point in digging this old thread up. To point out that everyone on this thread and ALL the ones on all the closed threads abandoned this game a long time ago. I admire your persistent in defending a game you only been part of 3 months but I think you are missing the point here.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.