FORUMS

Vettes killing the game? i disagree

Posted: //
March 30, 2017, 7:10 p.m.

InquisitorMaus#5947 posted (#post-115406)

If no one is listening, theres nothing to be done about it and you just have to adapt or swap ships.

so you are saying allow vetts to dictate the ships i fly?

March 31, 2017, 3:50 a.m.

Vetts will dictate you even what modules to use. Like any other ship, if you dont want to be crushed by it.

April 3, 2017, 12:18 a.m.

I do decently well in a corvette but I rarely get killed by other vettes unless I'm in one myself. I see players all the time that refuse to switch to flac cannons, etc. when a vette with a sloppy approach basically sits down and has a picnic right in front of them. Vettes aren't a problem. Bad players are. This game has major balancing issues. No doubt about it. Corvettes are generally fine though. Kreshnik could use some love though tbh.

April 3, 2017, 5:58 a.m.

Just the light Vette is a problem, the other two are balanced.
I fly the Medusa and the Stribog the last week. Both Ships are good Ships with the right Modules.
But at the end of the day, i dont need another Vette. The Valcour is so strong that it mades no sence to tech one of the other Vettes. It is just for fun then.

Just look how fast can kill a Valcour a Commad Ship... in 3 sec. it is destroyed.
And in a direct Battle Vette vs. Vette is the Valcour clearly the favorite.

April 3, 2017, 1:15 p.m.

Updated //
April 3, 2017, 10:15 p.m.

I don't know. I just got a Valcour and it takes at least 15 seconds or so to take down a command ship---and I have to be parked on its front door to do so. The Valcour is only powerful if you let it come close to you, due to its short range dps.

Compared to other ships in its tier, I'm not so sure corvettes are OP. When I watch tier IV-only matches, I do not see corvettes doing all that well (I can't even approach a Vigo or a Jutland, for example)...

Also, why does no one seem to use corvettes in competitive matches? I don't recall ever watching a competitive match where a corvette was used. It seems to be, only in pub matches against lower tier ships that they are punishing, b/c they can quickly hop from ship to ship preying on unsuspecting victims. And in dog fights, I still get hammered by Medusa's, with their 360 firing angle. It takes me at at least 5-10 seconds to turn my guns around, while the Medusa has already taken down my shields and health.

With all that said, however, I must admit that going from the Machias to the Valcour was a noticeable jump. My guns absolutely melt anything that is in close proximity to me. But I can't play on brute force alone, or I will get hammered. Corevettes seem to have their own meta, which forces you to play stealth and tactical, to plan your approach carefully in order to get close, and leave yourself an escape route. This style of gameplay appeals to me. While my team hammers them on the front line, I like being the surgeon deep behind enemy lines, picking off wandering ships.

April 3, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Normandy03#6697 posted (#post-115918)

I don't know. I just got a Valcour and it takes at least 15 seconds or so to take down a command ship---and I have to be parked on its front door to do so. The Valcour is only powerful if you let it come close to you, due to its short range dps.

Compared to other ships in its tier, I'm not so sure corvettes are OP. When I watch tier IV-only matches, I do not see corvettes doing all that well (I can't even approach a Vigo or a Jutland, for example)...

Also, why does no one use corvettes in competitive matches? I have not seen one competitive match where a corvette was used. It seems to be, only in pub matches against lower tier ships that they are punishing, b/c they can quickly hop from ship to ship preying on unsuspecting victims. And in dog fights, I still get hammered by Medusa's, with their 360 firing angle. It takes me at at least 5-10 seconds to turn my guns around, while the Medusa has already taken down my shields and health.

With all that said, however, I must admit that going from the Machias to the Valcour was a noticeable jump. My guns absolutely melt anything that is in close proximity to me. But I can't play on brute force alone, or I will get hammered. Corevettes seem to have their own meta, which forces you to play stealth and tactical, to plan your approach carefully in order to get close, and leave yourself an escape route. This style of gameplay appeals to me. While my team hammers them on the front line, I like being the surgeon deep behind enemy lines, scouting out the best targets, and solitary tacs/artillery cruisers.

Not sure what you define as 'competitive' matches, but I've seen Vet's used at the upper tier by upper tier players and squads.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

April 3, 2017, 8:23 p.m.

You would probably know better than I. I am just going off of the videos I see posted online, such as those from Dogma's team matches, or those from KrazyFlyingChiken, etc. They are mostly heavy tank'ish matches, with the occasional artillery cruiser... never a vette.

April 3, 2017, 11:38 p.m.

DNG_Gurdi#0476 posted (#post-115857)

Just the light Vette is a problem, the other two are balanced.
I fly the Medusa and the Stribog the last week. Both Ships are good Ships with the right Modules.
But at the end of the day, i dont need another Vette. The Valcour is so strong that it mades no sence to tech one of the other Vettes. It is just for fun then.

Just look how fast can kill a Valcour a Commad Ship... in 3 sec. it is destroyed.
And in a direct Battle Vette vs. Vette is the Valcour clearly the favorite.

Gurdi is completely right about this. I myself am an avid fan of the stribog and have strived for a long time till i found a viable build for it. What is disappointing to see is the massive numbers of valcours compared to the other two. Yes there are some good and bad valcour players but with my slight dabblings with machias and experience with valcour in 1.3 solidifies the fact that valcour is too strong and easy to use. Unlike the other two the valcour can go by unpunished fairly easily. Also with 3 incredibly strong and simple to use offensive modules on top of a fast ship with strong guns makes it somewhat op. This ship needs to be tweaked to be more skill based because atm its an insanely easy to use pub ship which many players have figured out. Hence why there is a high number of valcour players and it is a ship that people fall back to when losing.

April 4, 2017, 2:27 a.m.

I think a skilled arty is far far more impactful on a match than a skilled vett

April 4, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

Here's a quick breakdown of how I personally handle corvettes in matches.
(I used to hate corvettes but now they're like paper tigers)

Artillery Cruiser: AC's are actually pretty fast. If you see the corvette coming, boost to your team and switch to flak cannons or another close range option. Point out the corvette twice in chat (better chance of people seeing it cause sometimes we don't pay attention to everything) From there its a standoff. Pop shields and flak the vet till it turns tail and runs or goes down like a champion.

Corvette: let's face facts, when you chase a corvette as a corvette, it's pretty fun. Follow the rules of standard jet combat and pursue the corvette relentlessly. Main guns at a distance and lasers up close until it falls from the sky faster than Kramer's stand-up career.

Destroyer: Sadly I see a lit of vets take out destroyers, even head to head with both party's aware of each other. Most destroyers come equipped with flak cannons and a quite a bit of speed. Destroyer flaks fire in powerful bursts that can potentially take down a vet in one clip. But is the vet staying a distance away? No problem! Switch power to maneuvering thrusters and chase him down. Many corvette players I see will flee when confronted head on, so take advantage of your speed and power and put those vets down. Be aggressive!

Tactical Cruiser: Hop boy, this one is actually kind of tough. There are two tactics I employ to defeat corvettes in the ships.
1: Defend: If you see a Vet fly as close as you can to a destroyer or dreadnought, possibly forcing the vet to fly in front of them and make them aware of its presence. Pop shields and tag him a couple time for your team to see.
2: Attack: Tac cruisers can actually pump out decent DPS when you push power to weapons and equpi a beam amplifier. A light corvette coming at you from a distance can see its advance run short when you go full attack on it.

Dreadnought: For the vet pilots foolish enough to take one of these on... Just endure and fire back. There should be no scenario where a Vet it taking on a Dreadnought by itself. I main the Jutland and corvette pilots that attack me alone will either be shot down or flee with their tails between their legs. A plasma broadside can inflict massive damage to a vet, and firing missiles at it may not hit it, but it will keep them away from your group for a while.

And that my advice on dealing with corvettes. They really aren't a big issue anymore, it just take time to see their skills and patterns and then they become free points.

Good luck out there Captains!

"Captain! We're heavily damaged! Weapon systems are down and the hull is falling apart!, I recommend we-"

"Helmsman... Ramming Speed..."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.