FORUMS

Community Hot Topics #5

Posted: //
March 30, 2017, 11:49 a.m.

Q U O T E

The current "meta" gives a lot of points and experience for kills and very, very little for assists. But this is a team-based game. Are there any plans to change this, or is this how we are supposed to be playing?

Properly tracking and awarding assists are a very important part of a team-based game, and we want to reward these team-play dynamics as much as possible to encourage players working together. The current scoring system in the game rewards the same 'kill' event to more than one player, so long as they have contributed a substantial portion of the damage (>50% of the base health value) to the destroyed enemy ship. Additionally, the person that gets the final hit on a ship also gets 'kill' credit. So in Dreadnought, kills are the assists in a way. In actuality, an 'assist' in-game is triggered when someone just scrapes the killed enemy, damaging >10% of that ship's base health, and that is the reason they award less score.

We are also planning to add a completely new system that will grant additional points for specific ship class and team-based actions, such as tanking and healing. Additionally, our current iteration of the scoring system grants the same amount of points no matter what ship tier you use. We know that isn't exactly fair, because there's a big difference between healing someone on Tier-I versus on Tier-IV. We are looking into changing this scaling as well and will have more info about that update in the future.

Q U O T E E N D

You already had that in ALPHA, where has it gone and why it is so difficult to put it back?

p.s. and fix your ..... forum

March 30, 2017, 1:36 p.m.

Still no word on the following:

Seal-club Olympics
MAINTENANCE
UI errors, bugs, and annoying sounds
broken contracts
new bugs introduced by 1.5
lemon ship buffs/fixes? (dola, onagar, jutland??)
cosmetics w/out the rip-off?
numbers on ship stats?

Anything??????

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

March 30, 2017, 3:25 p.m.

• First answer really doesn't address the question.
  • Second answer is also just "oh because that's the way it is". Really? if someone gets over 50% damage what are the chances of someone else also getting over 50%? I'm assuming is not impossible since it's over "base" value, so there are probably modifiers to that "base" value, but still the chances are probably near zero. After all the explanation I got really more confused and it seems you devs don't consider to be a problem at all. What about people doing 40%, 30%, 49%??

March 30, 2017, 3:32 p.m.

When reading this I feel like all hot topics have been successfully evaded.

March 30, 2017, 4 p.m.

Ricard#5604 posted (#post-115574)

• Second answer is also just "oh because that's the way it is". Really? if someone gets over 50% damage what are the chances of someone else also getting over 50%? I'm assuming is not impossible since it's over "base" value, so there are probably modifiers to that "base" value, but still the chances are probably near zero. After all the explanation I got really more confused and it seems you devs don't consider to be a problem at all. What about people doing 40%, 30%, 49%??

I have to say, the way this game awards kills is probably one of the most fair I've seen and it's one of the things that makes the core battle mechanic really fun for me. You're never going to get perfect, but this game really solves the last hitting/KSing issue. There's also an additional point that should be made: damage done is counted over the entire life of the vehicle. I've had several cases where I just laid into some poor dude at the start of a match/battle but didn't manage to secure the kill. several minutes later, after several other people took him down, I still got a kill credit. Furthermore, because it's based on the BASE HP value, if you have just a really stubborn dude who keeps getting healed over and over, it's actually possible for most of the team to get a kill credit after he finally goes down.

This is one of the things that dreadnought really does get right.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

March 30, 2017, 7:40 p.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-115580)

Ricard#5604 posted (#post-115574)

I have to say, the way this game awards kills is probably one of the most fair I've seen and it's one of the things that makes the core battle mechanic really fun for me. You're never going to get perfect, but this game really solves the last hitting/KSing issue. There's also an additional point that should be made: damage done is counted over the entire life of the vehicle. I've had several cases where I just laid into some poor dude at the start of a match/battle but didn't manage to secure the kill. several minutes later, after several other people took him down, I still got a kill credit. Furthermore, because it's based on the BASE HP value, if you have just a really stubborn dude who keeps getting healed over and over, it's actually possible for most of the team to get a kill credit after he finally goes down.

This is one of the things that dreadnought really does get right.

Still, counting a kill exclusively for over 50% damage doesn't sound fair. And you seem to understand how it works. I don't and my observation is how again the dev answer is only saying "that's the way it is and we don't see anything wrong", but "blah blah, plans for different tiers/types, blah blah escalate, blah blah blah".

March 30, 2017, 8:34 p.m.

Ricard#5604 posted (#post-115602)

Still, counting a kill exclusively for over 50% damage doesn't sound fair. And you seem to understand how it works. I don't and my observation is how again the dev answer is only saying "that's the way it is and we don't see anything wrong", but "blah blah, plans for different tiers/types, blah blah escalate, blah blah blah".

The way it works is 50% of BASE damage. so if a ship has 1000 HP you will get a 'kill' for dealing 500+hp damage. even if the ship get's healed back to 1000hp and then someone else gets the kill you'll still get kill credit along with the dudes who finished it off. That's a TON more generous than most other games that won't award a kill to more than one player EVER they'd just give you an assist.

March 30, 2017, 11:19 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2017, 11:21 p.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-115562)

Still no word on the following:

Seal-club Olympics
MAINTENANCE
UI errors, bugs, and annoying sounds
broken contracts
new bugs introduced by 1.5
lemon ship buffs/fixes? (dola, onagar, jutland??)
cosmetics w/out the rip-off?
numbers on ship stats?

Anything??????

This thread is about "Hot Topics", so obviously those minor issues are being left out for now since they are of little concern for both the community and the success of the game at large.

The number of future space maps and the lore is what people really want to talk about.

(sigh)

April 1, 2017, 2:39 p.m.

Are these Community Hot Topics or Developer Hot topics?

I feel like this post was made in an attempt to redirect the conversation away from things many players actually want to know.

April 1, 2017, 4:09 p.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2017, 4:11 p.m.

The "seal-club olympics" IS a major issue. It will turn away all new players in frustration.
until someone told me how to avoid that situation (keeping a T1 ship in your fleet) I kept getting tossed in with T4 ships. I was on the verge of saying F it and turning away from this game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.