FORUMS

Wow,again MAINTENANCE

Posted: //
March 30, 2017, 12:51 p.m.

Get rid off it. Or rework it. I dont see the point paying 1500 for 40 seconds of a battle.

March 30, 2017, 2:01 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2017, 2:03 p.m.

Again.
At least half the battle was lost on my team (approx. 30-40 for MY team; 70-60 enemy). I could turn the tide a ittle in the last 2-4 minutes remaining,so it was close, still a DEFEAT.

THANK YOU

March 30, 2017, 10:08 p.m.

Since I shuffled my fleet around a bit I disabled auto "skip" (still hate that euphemism) and it turns out that being top 3 does actually NOT prevent you from paying it, at least if you are on the loosing side.

So with 2 T4's in my fleet and the rest lowered to T2 to save a little money (another thing we shouldn't be forced to do) I am saddled with 1400 credits maintenance every other game no matter what.

Who's idea was it that if our fleet gets better, we should pay higher maintenance by default? It is not like having more ships in my fleet means I make more money. I can only fly one of the things at a time after all.
They say it is their goal (and one of the reasons to remove multiple loadouts) that people bring varied fleets, but then they punish us for it. I just don't get it

March 30, 2017, 11:57 p.m.

Updated //
March 30, 2017, 11:59 p.m.

I'm told that 1 tier 4 ship costs the same maintenance as 5. If you substitute lower tier ships, you get a discount. I know when I added 1 tier 4 ship to my fleet my maintenance went from 900 to just less that 1400. Won't be fielding any tier 4 ships until I can field a complete fleet. Then we will see if the maintenance is really just 1500 for a complete fleet.

March 31, 2017, 3:10 a.m.

Updated //
March 31, 2017, 3:28 a.m.

I'll do some testing, but in any case, 1400 credits is brutal. Even with an above average score (1500-2000 points) that still means you loose 70-80% of your earnings to maintenance on a loss.

And you will actually loose credits (for playing the game) if you end up in the lower 2/3rds of your team.

Now I'm used to maintenance from other F2P titles but it was never quite as crippling.

1. They only make you pay maintenance on vehicles you actually used, and only if they were damaged.
    You actually can skip maintenance by switching them out for other vehicles for a game or two, whereas in Dreadnought your entire fleet (and all your other ships) are locked for days(!) until you pay up.

2. Maintenance in those games never causes you to loose money. If you are in the lower score regions it will slow down your progress to a crawl (where Dreadnought has it by default) but you won't be punished for spending time on the game

Now I must assume that someone at Yager (or more likely, Greybox) thinks that making progression as painful as possible will increase the likelihood of people spending money on the game, but from my experience all it does is drive them away towards less frustrating titles, thus actually reducing revenue by reducing player numbers

March 31, 2017, 1:20 p.m.

Skurkanas#7793 posted (#post-115610)

Since I shuffled my fleet around a bit I disabled auto "skip" (still hate that euphemism) and it turns out that being top 3 does actually NOT prevent you from paying it, at least if you are on the loosing side.

So with 2 T4's in my fleet and the rest lowered to T2 to save a little money (another thing we shouldn't be forced to do) I am saddled with 1400 credits maintenance every other game no matter what.

Who's idea was it that if our fleet gets better, we should pay higher maintenance by default? It is not like having more ships in my fleet means I make more money. I can only fly one of the things at a time after all.
They say it is their goal (and one of the reasons to remove multiple loadouts) that people bring varied fleets, but then they punish us for it. I just don't get it

+1 to all this.

A couple of notes:

1) I'm pretty sure that "top 3 to avoid maintenance" means "top 3 overall" avoids maintenance, or if you win.

2) I've been recording my maintenance costs lately because I'm trying to figure out how much you save by keeping lower tiered ships in your veteran fleet. I've been doing this since I noticed that the cost of 2T3s and 1T2 is lower than the cost of 2T3s alone, and so far this seems to be the pattern.

In the immortal words of Socrates: "I drank... What?"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.