FORUMS

A bot instead

Posted: //
April 2, 2017, 3:03 p.m.

How about dropping in a decent bot when players eject or are scuttled by a glitch. A bot wouldn't care about no opportunity to earn points or the maintenance fee. Might even kill a few of the less experienced players and add to it's team score.

Maybe drop bots in after the other team gets to halfway, real people before that.

April 2, 2017, 3:50 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-115818)

How about dropping in a decent bot when players eject or are scuttled by a glitch. A bot wouldn't care about no opportunity to earn points or the maintenance fee. Might even kill a few of the less experienced players and add to it's team score.

Maybe drop bots in after the other team gets to halfway, real people before that.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It's possible to carry a team down a player, it's fracking near impossible to carry a brain-dead AI that will spend the whole match feeding kills.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

April 2, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

You'd need something not brain dead. Something that would be equivalent to a mediocre player.

April 2, 2017, 9:31 p.m.

What if the bot was a tier 4 hero ship in Veteran, and a tier 2 hero in Recruit, with a reasonably intelligent AI? The purpose would be to fill in on a team with something of about the equivalence of the departing player.

If some of the Recruit matches were teams of captains against bots, the developers would gain experience in making the AIs more intelligent. Heavens, some of the AIs could be better than many of the more inexperienced players.

April 3, 2017, 1:27 a.m.

Thor got rekt by bots on stream when he was trying to show off the map... Maybe it's not a bad idea?

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 3, 2017, 4:47 a.m.

Nah I'm with Lincrono, they would feed the enemy team. The AI is to poor.

Bots do this > Move as a group slowly towards enemy fleet... fire everything... don't use cover when nearly damage.

So yes, you can get caught out and killed if you enter the mob with little energy but they are dumb and dont know how to use cover so in a full player match its like xmas as its the feeding gift that keeps on giving.

April 3, 2017, 5:40 p.m.

I don't want stupid bots, I want intelligent bots. Something that could take on a mediocre player in a 1 on 1 and win 50% of the time.

April 4, 2017, 2:13 a.m.

AI is not an easy thing to do brother, that's why in almost every game bots are a joke. The exception I can think of would be sc2 above very hard difficulty.

April 4, 2017, 12:38 p.m.

The bots already know how to fly, track enemies, fire etc. Adding a little more sophistication wouldn't be that hard. Check your health, where to hide, opponents health, situational modules. We humans do this poorly, except for a few reflex trained captains. The algorithms wouldn't be that hard and would naturally progress from an enhance training environment that would be really good for first matches for Recruit pilots. You would need different difficulty level bots that corresponded to Recruit rank so as to not pulverize the newest captains, like recruits usually get pulverized if their are any veterans that are playing down.

I would like to see something like this. The first X matches (5 maybe?) on any new ship type are training with only you against bots. Miniscule rewards, but something.

The next Y matches (10 maybe?) be matches where you are matched with other captains of about your rank against a team of more intelligent bots (that can actually beat you). Slightly higher rewards.

After that, regular Recruit matches. With good enough bots, you could drop them in on either side to complete a match within a reasonable amount of time.

Availability of decent training matches at Veterans level, if you feel a need to learn a particular ship. With bots that could beat you in training, you should have bots that could fill in, in case of drops or leaves. If they are good enough, they could be better substitutes than Recruits, for filling Veteran matches.

I believe that such a system would promote a persons interest in the game, and nurture them until they were accomplished enough to not feel like a seal.

April 4, 2017, 4:51 p.m.

I have to agree with adding bots into a game to help full out the match making system so that it doesn't take 10 minutes to get a match.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.