FORUMS

Maintenance Costs Table

Posted: //
April 12, 2017, 6:08 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-116670)

Normandy03#6697 posted (#post-116669)

4K maintanence for a T5? Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

4k maintenance for a full T5 fleet, 5xT5.

Probably the same for any number of T5s.

A T4 in Legendary costs 2250, in Vet costs 1550

In the immortal words of Socrates: "I drank... What?"

April 12, 2017, 6:16 p.m.

wow, this is crazy... So I better start sticking teir 2s in my fleet, lol. I normally only play healer or dread, so I'll just keep my favorite teir 4 dread and healer in veteran fleet and put the rest as teir 2s. This maintenance cost is beyond stupid. It should only be for people who quit games.

April 12, 2017, 6:27 p.m.

Updated //
April 12, 2017, 6:36 p.m.

Basically a whole bunch of systems are contradicting one another. I think even Yager has to see this. I expect maintenance to change considerably down the road. I can't imagine the problems we're seeing is the intended goal.

April 12, 2017, 8:53 p.m.

Ok, updated the table with costs estimated from Jawayne's report that a fleet of 5 T5 vessels costs 4000 credits to repair.

Based on my prior experimentation I felt it was safe to conclude that any fleet of only T5 vessels would cost 4000 credits to repair, as all other single tier fleets have a flat repair bill regardless of ship count.

Also based on my prior experimentation, I felt that the repair bill for a T4 + T5 fleet compared to a single T5 would be reduced by slightly less than 10% and tried to extrapolate from there.

Mind you, I haven't actually tried to rigorously mathhammer this out, I'm just trying to ballpark things right now.

April 12, 2017, 8:55 p.m.

Keep in mind I cannot confirm the 4k, but this value got once mentioned when maintenance got introduced.

Recruit Engineer

April 12, 2017, 8:59 p.m.

Good to know, thank you.

If anyone can verify T5 repair costs, that'd be awesome.

April 15, 2017, 1:01 p.m.

Great work MasterFALE! I had started working on a similar table myself to see how maintenance can be influenced.

So in veteran, it turns out that at best by limiting yourself to one Tier IV (+1 or more Tier IIs), one could get 21% off whereas one Tier IV + 1 or more Tier IIIs gives a measly 10.5% discount.

If the discount percentages are tweaked a bit to actually give a more meaningful discount, then we'd get some noticeable control over the repair costs and I think the mechanic wouldn't feel as robbing. For example: one Tier IV has a base of 1550 credits right, then if each additional Tier III gives 5% and a Tier II gives 10%, by limiting one's options in a given game one would be getting 20% discount while still maintaining decent Tier III ship options, or a big 40% off for playing just one Tier IV and Tier IIs. A more noticeable control over the repair costs would diminish the negative aftertaste of being penalized to some extent while keeping the mechanic there to satisfy the publishers/devs.

April 15, 2017, 4:38 p.m.

Somehow I doubt having players go into battles with 1 high tier ship and a bunch of low tiers to avoid the hefty fees if they lose was in the developers hopes and dreams when they made this a thing lol. But that's the reality! We don't wanna lose lots of money.. so I guess more peeps will just fly 1 ship.. ya know.. like the old days... before the fleet concept got introduced.... and negated? lol

April 15, 2017, 7:17 p.m.

Yeah, best cost-reducing strategy right now is to fly 1 T4 or T3 and 4 T2s in your Veteran fleet. And never run a fleet of less than 5 ships if you can help it, since fewer ships does not grant a lower cost.

Though, a fleet of 5 T3s isn't bad at making money consistently if you're confident in your game. since your repair bill is still below 1000 credits, your should walk away from most games with at least a small net gain.

April 17, 2017, 5:21 a.m.

Can confirm full T4 maintenance cost for you.

http://i.imgur.com/I5HAGw8.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.