FORUMS

Playing Dreadnought with a controller

Posted: //
June 2, 2017, 2:20 a.m.

Wanted to update my post. While I stated above the controller DOES NOT work. It works, sort of.
While in game I could use my xbox one controller to fly.
X = Weapon 1 (number 1 on keyboard)
Y = Weapon 2 (number 1 on keyboard)
B = Weapon 3 (number 1 on keyboard)
A = Weapon 4 (number 1 on keyboard)

Left thumb stick was propulsion and right stick was aim.
L2 was Increase altitude and L1 was Decrease altitude.
LT (left trigger) = Zoom
RT (Right trigger) = Fire

D-Pad Left and right alternated Primary weapon
Up and Down didn't seem to do anything.

How do you call up the command tree (for communication) or the Energy rose (the menu to increase thrust or turn shields on)?

Also the sensitivity is messed up pretty bad. Most games (if not all) that have controller support have some sort of aim assist. I'm not talking about an aim bot, but it assist your reticle by helping it get on the target. . . . this is absolutely critical if your going to allow controller support. The sensitivity of the thumb sticks is a MUST in a game like this.
1. What if I don't want to go full throttle as I move forward with my left thumb stick.
2. What if I was to use my healer and slowly move up by barely pushing up on the LT stick.
3. What if I want to aim at a target with the RT stick but not do a 180 by barely pushing it. If I move it slowly, it should move slowly. . . . it should also move towards the target and make it easier to stay on target versus hitting Up, Down, Up, Down, Barely tapping Up, Barely down, then have to start all over.

Just my 2 cents, but if you guys were to perfect this (im pretty sure Ps4 has some sort of AIM Assist you guys just might make one of the best Space sim 3rd person shooters ever created.

Aug. 9, 2017, 8:37 a.m.

I'm a PS4 user and new to DREADNOUGHT. I can' t find a reference to the controller functions for PS4. The "ROOKIE MANUAL" covers keyboard ops. only...

Is there a document that illustrates the PS4 controller functions?

Aug. 9, 2017, 8:37 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 9, 2017, 10:48 a.m.

I'm a PS4 user and new to DREADNOUGHT. I can' t find a reference to the controller functions for PS4. The "ROOKIE MANUAL" covers keyboard ops. only...

Aug. 9, 2017, 10:49 a.m.

poor_job#5212 posted (#post-131563)

Hello! This reply should probably go in the PS4 subforum, but here is an answer to your question, Captain!

Dreadnought PS4 Controller Map

DN_PinkyPie

Grey Box Games Technical Support Agent

Submit a Support Ticket Here: https://www.greybox.com/en/support/contact/

Aug. 17, 2017, 4:57 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2017, 5:21 a.m.

Hi everyone,i have Logitech F310 gamepad,windows 7 ultimate x64,i tried the calibration method and the xbox360 controller emu but still cant get it working in Dreadnought.Windows see the gamepad as xbox360 controller.

P.S i dont know what to change on input.ini please post a pic or the layout of an already complete input.ini setup.Thnx

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.