FORUMS

Tier 2-4 together

Posted: //
April 17, 2017, 9:26 a.m.

Please change that there can be 2 Tier steps between players. Its simply waste of time trying to kill a Tier 4 Tactical Cruiser with a Tier 2 Destroyer. He simply outheals me, even when I fire on him all time.
Its a joke, to be honest. 2-3, 3-4 Should be the max. Tier steps.

I am sure, its not the first complaint. Please make it happen.

April 17, 2017, 9:28 a.m.

Put a teir 1 ship in your recruit fleet. I have never, in my 80hours of gameplay been put in a teir 3-4 match by simply doing this.

April 17, 2017, 9:39 a.m.

Smoker is right but so is the OP. There should be no reason a fleet of T2s should ever enter a veteran match unless they searched for it. Even then I honestly feel they should lock them out of the option.

It's silly to have to put a T1 in your fleet. Especially since it makes... no sense. T2 doesn't stand a chance... period. It's liability to everyone and sends the wrong message to the new players. It's bad enough we have complex balance issues in play but to have others getting confused by instant deaths... wont help.

I honestly feel this is just an old leftover that hasn't been addressed yet... but will be.

April 17, 2017, 10:22 a.m.

Thanks for the T1 in fleet tips, I blew a few socket being match against T4 ship!!

April 17, 2017, 10:42 a.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2017, 10:42 a.m.

It shuld be

T1 - T2
T2 - T3
T4 - T5

April 17, 2017, 11:17 a.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2017, 11:22 a.m.

Tier II ships in veteran matches is the intended state of the game, the workaround of placing Tier I ships in your fleet to avoid Veteran matches is an unintended side effect.

Here is a statement from the developers on the issue: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/62822/
(scroll down to the #3 entry)

April 17, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

Well that was from a long time ago and even he proposed that he may be wrong. We now all know he is wrong and I bet he agrees too. It's not really one of those... well let's debate type of thing. He even further goes on talking about readjusting all of the tiers to make it less bad should it be a problem. Well it is.

It's not a slight difference it's absolutely staggering often a 1 shot kill.

So going back to what I said... T2s as they are now have no business being in veteran matches. Whatever Yager plans to do to fix it will hopefully be sooner than later.

April 17, 2017, 12:09 p.m.

That post is from 1 month ago, there has been 1 patch since then and it did not address this issue.

If you have seen an announcement from Yager about taking T-II's out of veteran matches please share it because that would be news to me.

April 17, 2017, 12:14 p.m.

In that very post the CM says that these were pulled from the year prior and assembled there. I can see how it was confusing given the post date.

April 17, 2017, 12:20 p.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

You didn't read that very closely did you? Here is the very first statement after the quotes from last year:

"And while this info is from last year it is not inaccurate. We are very close to where we want to be balance wise with the moment to moment gameplay and progression. Expect to see additional tweaks during beta and beyond but there will not be any sweeping changes."

T-II ships in Veteran is not a bug, its the intended balance of the game. (I'm not saying I like it, I'm just trying to make sure people know exactly what/who to be upset with).

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.