FORUMS

A request to DNs, I expect a response please!

Posted: //
April 17, 2017, 5:32 p.m.

Ok look this is in response to DN_Timo

DN_Timo#1002
- Reduced the effectiveness of Adrenaline Shot
- Medium range healing for the Heavy Tactical Cruisers has been reduced, quite drastically.

Please listen to me for a second.

This is not a good Idea. I fully admit that for awhile I was on the bandwagon thinking that the Koschei was Op BUT it is not.

What I have noticed is that as games become more balanced the Koschei is in fact just about right. For the 1st couple of months, Yeah Koschei was a king but its not like that nearly as much anymore.

The problem was not and is not the Heavy Tac, the problem is the match maker. It all comes down to a balancing issue, games that are perfectly balanced with the right combination of ships, I struggle in very hard sometimes to support my team. Even with a Tier 4 Medium Tac backing me up, it still becomes a struggle.

Now as far as Adrenaline Shot goes, if you gimp Adrenaline Shot, you have made the Koschei completely defenseless against Tier 4 Corvettes. Power Generator with Adrenaline Shot and Power to Shields is the only effective defense to a Tier 4 Corvette and a Koschei is always a Corvettes primary target.

A secondary consideration is, if the game is Unbalanced and the losing team has a player with a fully researched Koschei, the koschei can change their opinion from "We got R@ped" to "Good Game"

I just want you to seriously take this into consideration before you go and gimp the only thing standing between noobs being pounded to death by vets.

I just can not understand why you would think this is a good idea. Death is already cheap enough in this game and you want to make it Quicker? Cheaper? Not the best route to take in a PvP game.

My request is simple, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS, Thank you!

Now you probably don't want to hear this part but I am going to say it anyway!

My Koschei is Fully Researched with over One Million Free XP, Im pretty sure this qualifies me for having one of the most in depth observations on this subject. In a court of Law, someone with this much more experience then anyone else, on a specific subject, would qualify as a "Expert Opinion"!

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

April 17, 2017, 8:53 p.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2017, 8:54 p.m.

First of all the Koschei is my favorite ship and by far the one I play the most.

The Koschei's ability to fully heal a Dreadnought in a matter of seconds while under fire, effectively keep as much of the team as will stay near it alive indefinitely, and ridiculous score bonus for healing really needs to be reigned in one way or another.

The planned nerf, in my opinion, is an alright way to go about this. Adrenaline Shot should give you a nice increase in energy while healing but not make your shield impossible to break unless hit by some sort of drain module, and the range nerf potentially just means you can't heal everyone on the map at the same time anymore. It only mentions medium range healing so when working with the ships around you nothing should be different.

I would still like to see the score potential lowered for them since a Koschei will almost always be at the top of a team or at least near it, but these changes should help here some anyway. Now if they could just rework the ramming system so there is an effective counter I would be overjoyed...

April 17, 2017, 10:07 p.m.

We find it asserting often without healer on the 10 part that I have done I had to resume my
Tactical 7 times because either person to treat or t2.
If he begins to touch the tactical it will be even less.

April 18, 2017, 12:54 a.m.

I agree with this. I mostly fight them if they are gimped like this healers wont be saving teams anymore im gonna break through them way too fast. i want fun and long fights those require teamwork but with this i can solo them much easier and thats not a good thing!

April 18, 2017, 2:53 a.m.

I didn't play for month or two, however in time I was playing, I have to agree Koschei was manytimes something, what made game unfun and pretty much felt unfair. It wasn't always. Sometimes Koschei pilot's struggled to position well and it made game at least interesting, however good Koschei pilot made game super unbalanced, two in one team made game unplayable.

These changes seems to be okay and I am definitely for trying them out. Koschei needed some changes, healing needs some changes. So let's see how this will pan out.

However, I am afraid this will lead even more clumping and deathballing since Koschei won't protect his team across whole battlefield. If this will be the case, I think flat healing power reducing or some diminishing return on healing will be needed.

April 18, 2017, 3:02 a.m.

Updated //
April 18, 2017, 3:26 a.m.

This will the most boring change ever. If adrenaline shot gets nerfed (ofc they won't tell us how) with the change of the koschei, it will mean the following:

• Can't have dreads/heavy destroyer tank as well as before because:
  • The Koschei has to be at 1.2km range max in order to be effective and even then:
  • Adrenaline shot won't keep them alive long enough.

This means either:

• every match will need at least 2 Koscheis and the circle jerk.. healing will get even worse to compensate for the nerf, or
  • close range builds will get very hard and everything goes back to long range and corvettes being extremely useful and OP.

Koschei doesn't need a nerf, the enemy team just needs a brain. Purge, drain, armor break etc.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 18, 2017, 3:21 a.m.

Updated //
April 18, 2017, 3:23 a.m.

Koschei doesn't need a nerf, the enemy team just needs a brain. Purge, drain, armor break etc.

I could not possibly agree more with this. As it stands, one or two good players with the right loadout can break a Koschei with ease. There's no need to make it effortless.

April 18, 2017, 3:37 a.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-117133)

I could not possibly agree more with this. As it stands, one or two good players with the right loadout can break a Koschei with ease. There's no need to make it effortless.

So does healing. Look, I am all for balanced game in every aspect, but as someone who was playing healer for lulz, healihg as it works in DN right is just too easy for what it is doing. I know, many healer players will argue, that healing need so much skill to play well, however I can guarantee you, that navigate through enemy dreads and destroyers to shut down one healer is MUCH MORE skill demanding than just healing everyone around or heal DN, which is under enemy focus fire to full hp in matter of seconds.

April 18, 2017, 6:27 a.m.

healing as it works in DN right is just too easy for what it is doing

I agree, that's why the way the healing works should be nerfed, not the actual healing values. It should be more of a skill shot rather than a "hold LMB to heal"

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 18, 2017, 7:07 a.m.

Im to a relative degree still a noob (at about 100 games), but i have a fairly enormous amount of experience in games with holy triad type grouping system (dps, tank and healer) and whilst dreadnought dont match this to a T, its close enough.

And without going into it i'd say that the problem isn't that Koschei is OPOP, it's that its quite difficult to get down without coordination and a ship at a matching tier level and research level, so if you pub games and get a team that either A. Can't coordinate to get the koschei or B. has a koschei counter at a similar or higher skill level, equal tier, and equal research level then that koschei will a very large amount of time make their team win.

But frankly thats not a problem with the koschei itself (a skilled medium or light tac cruiser will do the same and honestly all the classes will just not as heavily but thats simply how healers work) but how the matchmaking works, when the tiers are such incredible power boosts matchmaking across tiers is... dumb at best

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.