FORUMS

A request to DNs, I expect a response please!

Posted: //
April 18, 2017, 11:58 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-117237)

And I finally go through the Dola grind to get a Koschei. Jokes on me.

The Koschei's still a decent ship, for the most part. Sure, it's now even easier for a good pilot to destroy, and its healing is laughable outside 1.2km, but it retains most of its potency when hunkered down out of sight in close proximity to friendly ships... which is exactly the position a Koschei usually sits when people complain it's OP.

April 19, 2017, 1:35 p.m.

It dies much more easily one shot are not rare it even become frequent celon who you play.
It puts a temp crazy to join these allies and the one shot and that if the corvette let it back so even if some say that the nerve and not so terrible that it (most part does not play this ship) it will be able to support well Less often these allies and just look at the scores of the koschei, the number of death as well to increase his final score has well descended and that is the numbers do not say it a suposition. Whatever the defense of your team it will be able Nothing against a one shot.

April 19, 2017, 2:09 p.m.

I'm on the fence as to whether the nerfs are too far but they were badly needed. 2 koschei with even moderate builds are just too fracking broken. It takes literally 0 skill to abuse adrenaline shot + insane close-in healing to get a perma-shield and a heal that's nearly impossible to out DPS requiring far more coordination AND the right modules on the enemy team to break to say nothing of what's required to break them consistently . . . through the bulk of the enemy team. In a perfectly balanced game, MAYBE it's ok. But let's be honest, none of these games are balanced and anything less than a TIV is impotent against a koschei supported ship.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

April 19, 2017, 2:39 p.m.

They were right to nerf the koschei. It's not clear if fixing it for pug play with mixed tiers messed it up for comp play where everyone is in a maxed T4 on comms.

And maybe the difference between pug play and comp play is so wide that balancing the game in general won't be possible.

As a corvette, the biggest interest to me here is the 5k hp reduction. That changes a lot. Gotta go hunt some koscheis and see how it all feels.

April 19, 2017, 2:54 p.m.

Yeah... the Pug/Comp play gap is to wide to balance them both. I'd be upset if we still had a form of competitive play but we don't. So it's not really an issue right now. In competitive play it was actually a death sentence to deploy with two Kosh. Your DPS was too low. The other team overpowered them into defensive positions until there was no place to hide the koshs.

I'm sure the larger teams could change that dynamic... but again. No form of competitive play. So it's all a moot point.

April 20, 2017, 12:54 p.m.

Updated //
April 20, 2017, 12:55 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-117133)

Koschei doesn't need a nerf, the enemy team just needs a brain. Purge, drain, armor break etc.

I could not possibly agree more with this. As it stands, one or two good players with the right loadout can break a Koschei with ease. There's no need to make it effortless.

Pretty much this.

The Koschei nerf, showing both a striking disregard for the games balancing (The Koschei is fine in a balanced T4 game) and the games' real issues (balanced T4 games rarely ever happen) was kinda the last straw for me, showcasing that they fully intend to drive this game into the wall.

After a few weeks of the "Koschei OP" meme, most people have adapted to it. Knowing its weaknesses, killing a Koschei is almost trivial. But they would rather gimp the games only actual healer (as in: can keep people alive in a fight, not just idly regenerate them in cover), than promote some better tactical play or, god forbid, decent matchmaking.

The one thing I will concede to is that Koschei point generation is pretty insane (only ship I ever got a 5-figure score with), but that was balanced out by the fact that healing barely produces any ribbons, and thus hardly any money. Playing my corvette I would usually cash in similar amounts with half the score.

April 20, 2017, 1:19 p.m.

Very bad update, nerf adrenaline shot and koschei seriously affected the entire gameplay, dreadnought class RIP.

"Победа? Что толку в победе? Мне нужна битва на уничтожение!" Флотский комиссар Драссос

April 20, 2017, 6:40 p.m.

People are saying this will kill the game, but fact is if you let things like this bother you, stop playing. It only means players will have to adapt to new tactics and change scares people. We'll get over it eventually and then we can go back to complaining about other trivial matters.

"Captain! We're heavily damaged! Weapon systems are down and the hull is falling apart!, I recommend we-"

"Helmsman... Ramming Speed..."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.