FORUMS

XP and Silver Worth the grind or not??

Posted: //
April 18, 2017, 8:39 p.m.

Hi guys , Names LordViper ( <--- Obviously ) I just recently started playing this game. Litteraly like I only have maybe 10 hrs total on it, only been online for 2 days at most.But my question is. Why is the credit Earning system so low? With 3k points from heals alone I only make 700 silver MAX. have never made more than that. Is there a way to get this increased so the grind from T2 to T3 is not super long.

My tier 2 Nav has 28k XP trying to get the T3 and only need 20-24k silver but only have 12k for 2 days of grinding?? seriously??? Any ideas how to get more silver short of spending money on the game that takes 4 min to find a tier 2 match? Thanks

April 18, 2017, 10:09 p.m.

That was very hard to read since your message is somehow in a box that scrolls to the right..

Anyway, sadly the quickest way would be elite status and you gain a 50% boost on your XP and credit gain. But you already stated that's not a option not my place to discuss why or why not.

But without it is possible since I had a buddy of mine start playing not to long ago and he managed to get T4 ships without paying. Granted he played alot... We are not talkin 2 hours a day here.

So maximizing your credit gain really boils down to making kills in the game no matter how cheap. In recruit matches right now would be the light corvette. It does require some practice but its probably the one that can really pull ahead of the rest.

Once you hit veteran matches the credit gain goes up if you perform well but also maintenance becomes a thing. Which if you cannot win matches enough or end up in the total top 3 of a match you start losing credits if you end up at the bottom of the ranking. If you are really struggling to get kills healers usually take high spots in the listings because they get high scores. Which means they tend to avoid the maintenance costs, they make a bit less credits because they barely make kills but they make truckloads of xp. Keep in mind only the medium tac cruisers and heavy tac cruisers can heal. If healing is not your thing then sadly the only way to get by is to try and get kills and just keep hoping for good teams.

As a end note we all have said people like yourself would have trouble gaining momentum in the game as it is now. Granted some have more patience then others and will eventually get to a point where they can compete and make enough credits to keep going. But so far not much has been done to reduce the suffering for newer players, the only thing I can say is you got to have patience and just keep going at it. You will get to a point where it does get a good deal better.

April 18, 2017, 11:49 p.m.

The grind gets rough the second you hit T3. They expect you to deal with ships that clearly out match you... and deal with your team. Which means it's really a roll of the dice. Do you have enough skilled players on your team? Do you have enough higher tiered players on your team? If the stars aligned you'll get your money and XP.

The best way to look at it is... don't care about the money during T3. XP is the real problem. Just accept your fate is largely not in your hands and grind it out through the losses. Once you get the XP you need you can go back and farm money in recruit if you must. This is coming from a guy who gets 14/0 in his T3... but still loses the game. Sometimes you just can't make the difference alone.

Since it seems by design... a good rule of the thumb is simply target the ships that are a lower tier than you. Your advantage over them is significant. You can't really afford not to as that's usually what the enemy is doing to you. Don't take it to heart when a higher tier takes you out. There isn't a lot you can do. Best avoid them unless they are badly wounded and/or a particularly easy class for you to counter.

Your reward for sticking through it is continuing the cycle of dominating lower tiers. Sit back and relax as the T3s and T2s get worked over by your mighty T4 guns/modules.

April 18, 2017, 11:53 p.m.

It is definitely worth the grind to tier IV. But there are spots where the grind comes to a slow crawl, such as when you first become a tier III. It can be very discouraging at times, but if you stick with it, it will pay off in the end.

April 19, 2017, 12:51 a.m.

Oh my, you are struggling in recruit? You haven't seen anything yet!

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

April 19, 2017, 1:52 a.m.

My advise is to invest few credits to buy modules too. I know it might be difficult to depart from a single extra credit you have worked for so hard, but with the right loadout you'll make up to them fairly quickly. And T1-2 modules are relatively cheap too.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.