FORUMS

I am giving up my hopes

Posted: //
April 20, 2017, 5:57 a.m.

Updated //
April 20, 2017, 8:50 a.m.

I am basicaly not playing the Dreadnought since introduction of regression system. Not that I didn't give it a chance several times. From my point of view it took away a lot of fun and locked it behind intense grind wall and even if you put a lot of effort to access it, you are not allowed to enjoy your trophy due to punishing mechanics. There are many controversial statements like "We want you to build a fleet" but that is what you are punished for the most. Next huge mistake which in my opinion hurt the game a lot is introduction of tiers and mainly different power levels. That only completely messed up balance of the game, which is definitely not healthy for competitive multiplayer game.

Of course there had been many game improvements which I appreciate - we've seen new ship models, 2 new maps, performance optimalizations and graphic improvements. But from design prespective I can't find single thing in which regression system made the Dreadnought better game and even after half of the year full of negative feedback and complains from veteran and newer players you basicaly didn't change anything in this matter. How?

I am wondering who is behind all of this. That is one really bad decision maker. Did he even playing the game for fun?
Of course I can imagine that this greedy model work well for money gain but the question is for how long? It's shame that the game like Dreadnought with great potential to be awesome game became this.

Well there are better games, time to move on.

April 20, 2017, 6:38 a.m.

This is the opinion of many. I doubt this damage will ever be fixed smile

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 20, 2017, 1:07 p.m.

Here's roughly what happened. They looked at what was there and figured there wasn't enough meat to keep a player on the hook. So they came up with a progression similar to other successful formulas found in other games. Sadly this was quite adverse to the alpha and beta we played prior.

They're basically two different games. Had you played alpha or beta you'd suspect it might go down the Counter-strike, team fortress or Overwatch route. Select a character, minimal load out control, everyone is on equal footing and the gameplay is so danged fun that outfitting your character with cosmetics will be where they get ya! Loot boxes galore!

It did not take that route. It took the World of Tanks route. 2.0 as we see it now. I'll just say it's a shame the incredible gameplay has been buried by the tier system and unlocking process. Also the imbalance. I'll never enjoy being taken down by a tier above me when I know had I been the same tier I'd have won. Nor will I enjoy besting a lower tier than me knowing my advantage.

I get not everyone is that way... It just bothers me. Hollow victories and undeserved losses.

Maintenance... I mean as a whole I agree with their logic... as it applies to tiers. Of course you need something to force people into lower tiers. Problem is I never agreed with tiers. Nor locking some of the late game aspects of DN behind all these hurdles. Best part of DN is what they call T4 now. T5 is nonexistent so it really doesn't matter.

I'll always think they should have kept the core 15 ships... and kept all those cosmetic parts as part of loot crates and such we had to spend money on. The whole heroship jaz as well. Equal footing. Keep rental ships. A grind for GP and leveling up our captains ala Overwatch.

As it stands now... I know they've made their choice. We aren't going back. So I'm hoping they redesign this new system into something more enjoyable. A more rewarding loop instead of just a grind and punishment. Something to look forward to. Not just suffer until you're T4 and can finally start fighting on semi equal footing.

Every once in a while I'll get a glimmer of why I use to absolutely love this game. Typically in a balanced game both skill and tier wise. I know we often say... well with more people that will be more common! Well we have to entice those people to not only come... but stay. That's not up to the community. That's up to Yager to find the secret sauce that makes everyone happy.

April 20, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

SpaceWolf#0734 posted (#post-117394)
Well there are better games, time to move on.

The last patch brought me to this idea smile

"Победа? Что толку в победе? Мне нужна битва на уничтожение!" Флотский комиссар Драссос

April 21, 2017, 12:11 a.m.

I only joined in the last week so the current game is all I know.

I feel that the progression system makes me want to play. I spend time while matchmaking to go through the tech tree and it is exciting seeing all the future modules I can achieve.

I was expecting an upfront purchase cost of the game so when that didn't occur I purchased elite status for 360 days. I find progression doesn't take long.

Now I just require a squad of team players and I'll be having heaps of fun.

April 21, 2017, 12:24 a.m.

Nothing wrong with optimism. Good luck!

April 21, 2017, 12:55 a.m.

Optimism. Thats a good one. He'll be looking for a new game real soon. DN used to be my go to game but MM is killing it. How can a match be balanced when one team has 4 t4 and the other 1 or 2, within that the ranks are also a give away that you are about to be stomped on. After the last wipe i would drop out of games if the other team had x's in there rank. now its if we are out matched in t4's like the last game we had 1 they had half there fleet.

April 21, 2017, 1:50 a.m.

Preaching to the choir... but I figured why rain on his enjoyment? A lot of the newbies like that first taste. It's because there really is some great gameplay in dreadnought in spite of the systems plaguing it. Then it hits... though I imagine once you're sitting comfortably at the top of the food chain it's not so bad. Just raining death down on all those lower tiers.

April 21, 2017, 2:36 a.m.

I think his opinion will change as soon as he reaches T3 though.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 21, 2017, 3:04 a.m.

The grind is horrible and I got elite status which should unburden it which it doesn't. Not enough tiers for WOT model and too many skills that with or without are game breaking. A lot of skills are very situational too and some beyond useless.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.