FORUMS

Corvettes seem op

Posted: //
April 23, 2017, 8:46 p.m.

Updated //
April 23, 2017, 8:47 p.m.

In my opinion I don't think a ship like a Corvette should do 15 k damage in 4 seconds. I have been using a destroyer and artys but it seems they can take my destroyer down in no time by thrusting to me doing their damage and blinking out. I can barely hit them because of their speed and on top of that me activating my shields on them doesn't stop them in the slightest. I'm wondering what is honestly the best way to deal with them?

April 23, 2017, 9:40 p.m.

Corvettes are meant to counter artillery cruisers but yes, they'll wipe destroyers, healers, artillery cruisers and now even dreadnoughts with their buffed speed if they catch you alone. They'll outrun missiles, broadside, pretty much anything that isn't purpose-built for slowing/stunning/draining/disrupting them and if they have the right modules and god forbid, officer briefings, they'll disrupt and tear you apart with perpetual impunity, with only the most brain-dead lemmings staring down your barrels at length, ever actually failing to accomplish their intended task.

Basically as long as you have an IQ of 80 and a pulse, you're in for a proper good time, because the lack of full team queues means virtually nobody coordinates properly to deal with it. It's cancer but people apparently don't think they're OP enough, and then complain about the queue times reaching upwards of 15 minutes in prime time when nobody in their right mind wants to deal with that.

Sure, about half the time, IF I'm lucky, I can peg one, but often not before he's killed the neighboring koschei, or anything and anyone else it felt like killing. There's a reason you'll frequently see three corvettes per team, 2-3 murometz', 1-2 koscheis and for some odd reason, the occasional jutland. 'Cause everything else is rapidly approaching the point of being obsolete. I mean you've got the occasional rammer or storm missile gunboat but generally corvette/murometz/koschei is the meta.

April 23, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

I'm fine with an arty going down because that's what they're meant for is to take them down so that doesn't bug me. But when they can take down dreadnoughts that's where I have a problem. Their speed is just unbelievable and when their close you may as well call it because 15000 damage is coming at you. And due to their small size I can't see them unless I notice them on my map. The strategy for Corvettes is to wait until your target is caught in a fire fight just to divert their attention to the dreadnought and a Corvette comes up behind and messes you up even if you didn't take any damage from the enemy dreadnought in front of you.

April 24, 2017, 2:31 p.m.

Yep. Recommend formal protest via the only thing people seem to understand anymore- The wallet. Jumping on the bandwagon will just turn the community into a cess-pool the likes of which hasn't been seen since reddit. Beyond that, I guess, just be heard.

They shouldn't be able to assault blink warp/run and gun/heal all in one setup with impunity like that. They're supposed to be a counter artillery cruiser, not a one man army. Otherwise why even build a class of ship larger? Mechanics and lore both suggest its absolutely impractical and absurd to build a dreadnought or destroyer when the tiny corvette can do it all and then some.

Tier II against a corvette honestly feels like downright torture and abuse I wouldn't wish on anyone but someone I seriously hated, and now it seems T4 is approaching that point since they can literally outrun a broadside past 700 meters without even a cooldown to accomplish that.

I mean yes, you have to know what you're doing to get those results, nobody's going to deny that, but the effort/reward ratio is very, very skewed right now. Otherwise get rid of the name "Dreadnought" since they're becoming more and more obsolete by the day.

Things keep going the way they're going and I'll take to just teabagging a tack strip and cut out Greybox as the provider for my self inflicted pain/entertainment. lol

April 24, 2017, 2:53 p.m.

They. Are not. OP. Deal with 'em!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 24, 2017, 3:50 p.m.

Updated //

They Are WAY to OP. And that's a fact!
This game is to unbalanced to play it further.

Updated //

sokar nailed it on the head.

arty here,

if you're going vucari below you're done for. overtime you start detecting patterns from the constant vette attention and you'll learn to keep checking your back. if you have enough time, put full power into thrusters to turn around and get the first shot in order to increase your chance of winning. i've learned to lead my shots ahead of them just right in order to snipe them from a safe distance. i can't speak for the dreadnoughts on the field, but now that i've got a murometz it's a lot more difficult for those rats to kill me.

tl;dr

they too way too much damage to < t4. if you don't see the lil fkr on the field, then he's behind you.

April 24, 2017, 3:57 p.m.

Different world for dreadnoughts. The extra HP is offset by slow engines and guns. Our modules often get reset by disruptor pulse and they just assault blink, run, Wait a bit, repeat. Their main guns out dps us, their cooldowns completely shut us down and they out run us. Unless you have a team flying close formation ( With just 3 man queues, good luck. LMAO. ) chances are you're already dead, you just don't know it yet. Might be a different case for a juntland. So beefy that it takes eons but for every other model it's pretty depressing. Basically unless they're blind, deaf and dumb, a corvette has the advantage in almost every weight category.

April 24, 2017, 4:10 p.m.

Sokar#2711 posted (#post-117941)

Different world for dreadnoughts.

in that case i don't understand the buff AT ALL.

April 24, 2017, 4:52 p.m.

Like don't get me wrong. They aren't unstoppable entirely, they have to have a pulse and at least a high school drop out IQ, but that's all it takes really. As long as they don't deep throat a plasma broadside, they'll get away with whatever they set out to accomplish with impunity. Which, this is the case, sometimes. People get cocky and fly into the blender but the chances are very slim.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.