FORUMS

After reading the last Posts i wonder if the PS4 Version is different from the PC version?

Posted: //
April 24, 2017, 6 a.m.

Updated //
April 24, 2017, 6:02 a.m.

I started playing the Ps4 CB 3 days ago. I played maybe for 5-10 hours and my T3 DN already has all important Modules.

Aside of that i already got 100k+ credits just by playing. The maintenance for my T3 is ~700-800 credits.

Does the maintenance get so much more expensive on T4 ships?
Also the MM balance seems to be pretty good considering there are not that much people playing on PS4 now. From like 20 games i got stomped only one time. The others were more os less balanced.

Oh and a shoutout to Commander-KTR because somehow he ALWAYS was on the enemy team and i had some nice clashes with him yesterday. :>

I hope the game does well on console and we get a stable playerbase going in the next few Month.

So far i like it. Lets see what T4 brings to the table. Hopefully i will be one of the first. :F

April 24, 2017, 7:49 a.m.

Currently on PC maintenance for fleet with only T4 ships is 1550 credits. Check out this thread https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/63614/ for comparison of different fleet compositions. As I said, this is on PC, but I would presume it should be same or close to for PS4(?).

April 24, 2017, 7:54 a.m.

From what I've been able to observe from youtube footage, the game seems to be mostly the same aside from:
-a different UI/control scheme
-much lower quality graphical settings
-an established playerbase that's ready to stomp newbies
-a flood of T4 ships from all the 'founders packs' that were handed out like candy.

April 24, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

Okay so to get this straight!

on PS4:

Recruit Fleet/Queue only consists of T1-T2 Ships. There is no way to queue with T3+ Ships for Recruit. 5v5 Deathmatch.
Veteran Fleet/Queue only consists of T2-T4 Ships. 5v5 Deathmatch. Same as recruit but with higher Ship Tiers.

ITs not like that on PC?

April 24, 2017, 11 a.m.

Whaaaat? they went with 5v5 on the PS4?

PC is 8v8

The issue isn't that T3 ships are getting into recruit matches, the issue is that fleets made up of T2 ships are getting pulled into higher tier matches, you can only go up. This will probably start happening on the PS4 as time goes on and the balance of total ships in the game shifts to a majority of veteran tier fleets (unless they patch it of course).

April 24, 2017, 2 p.m.

Ridiculon#3900 posted (#post-117895)

PC is 8v8

Of course they went with 5vs5, PS4 is barely maintaining 30FPS and they blurred the graphics out so much its a eye sore to look at. We are talking about a 2.3Ghz processor with 8Gb of ram and at max the GPU is equivalent to a Nvidia GTX 660 or the RX460 for the Pro. Both being complete garbage for graphics rendering by today's standards.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

April 24, 2017, 4:07 p.m.

Updated //
April 24, 2017, 4:12 p.m.

Quayjay#4843 posted (#post-117921)

Of course they went with 5vs5, PS4 is barely maintaining 30FPS and they blurred the graphics out so much its a eye sore to look at. We are talking about a 2.3Ghz processor with 8Gb of ram and at max the GPU is equivalent to a Nvidia GTX 660 or the RX460 for the Pro. Both being complete garbage for graphics rendering by today's standards.

I have 4x 3,4GHz processor + 8Gb ram, gtx660 and dreadnought is smooth AF. Default settings, looks pretty much same as on youtube vids. Builtin benchmark said 60.x fps.

So, your statement (about ps4 and equivalent gear's lacking of computing powers) is most invalid.

April 24, 2017, 4:44 p.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-117943)

I have 4x 3,4GHz processor + 8Gb ram, gtx660 and dreadnought is smooth AF. Default settings, looks pretty much same as on youtube vids. Builtin benchmark said 60.x fps.

So, your statement (about ps4 and equivalent gear's lacking of computing powers) is most invalid.

"Default Setting" You said it, not me.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

May 22, 2017, 2:48 p.m.

Ridiculon#3900 posted (#post-117895)

PC is 8v8

Spoken like a true master race moron.

And before you think about coming back at me I'm a PC gamer and while you quote serial numbers and ram speeds. I'm sat on my handy power rig not boosting numbers but twin titans X's should easily attest to my set up.

It's comments like this which makes player bases toxic. People throw around stats like it's there epidermis size trying to make someone else feel smaller when in truth all players are here to do is play. So what if the system they have is underpowered? Was it your money they spent? Did they on a completely different system degrade your pleasure in the game?

No

No they didn't, haven't and wouldn't. Let the people play what they want and how they want and let's all support the developers of games so they can bring better games for the generations to come.

Thanks for your understanding and I hope to have shed some light your way.

May 22, 2017, 6:47 p.m.

Thank you. That needed saying.

Software Engineering: Where quality is job 1.1

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.