FORUMS

stop all future development until MM is fix

Posted: //
April 26, 2017, 1 a.m.

i now this has been done to death but...

give it a +1 and lets try and make it a non sticky, sticky thread. not that they will listen

April 26, 2017, 1:43 a.m.

+1 for me

April 26, 2017, 2:27 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 2:29 a.m.

At this point I'm convinced that they no longer care about the future of the game; they're just trying to recoup the expenses put into making it at the moment. They went from something that had such promise to....world of tanks in space. Oh, with baby sealclubbing too I might add (yay t4 teams vs t2s! Great design greybox!)

Edit: looking at the forum names and the names I've seen in game is very telling; I recognize every single one of them...and there aren't many. Hilarious and admittedly somewhat depressing how far this game has fallen

April 26, 2017, 3:51 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 3:52 a.m.

-1 for me.

Reasons:

• There's dozens of different parts of a game you can work on. Maps, art, balancing, scripting events, weapons, networking, infrastructure, non of those people will probably ever touch the MM code or rules.
  • MM is not the issue. MM is working 100% fine, because:
  • Fleets are the problem... We can put a T2 and a T4 in 1 fleet, the MM can't know which ship we will use in the next battle, so it will match you up vs others with T4 ships in their fleet (roughly speaking). But if your whole team decides to use T2-T3 ships, that doesn't mean that MM is broken, that means that players are not using the T4 ships by choice.

Tiers introduced the problem so tiers should solve this problem.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

April 26, 2017, 5:05 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-118114)

-1 for me.

Reasons:

• There's dozens of different parts of a game you can work on. Maps, art, balancing, scripting events, weapons, networking, infrastructure, non of those people will probably ever touch the MM code or rules.
  • MM is not the issue. MM is working 100% fine, because:
  • Fleets are the problem... We can put a T2 and a T4 in 1 fleet, the MM can't know which ship we will use in the next battle, so it will match you up vs others with T4 ships in their fleet (roughly speaking). But if your whole team decides to use T2-T3 ships, that doesn't mean that MM is broken, that means that players are not using the T4 ships by choice.

Tiers introduced the problem so tiers should solve this problem.

There are some valid points there and some MM issues as well, I used to use recruit with T1 and T2 ships and ended up in Veteram queue somehow, that's a bug IMHO, now, I don't put T2 ships on the Veteran slots, that would be my mistake and I think players are doing that hence MM is working as intended in this particular scenario.

Off topic to Horus:

You probably got killed by my Vette when I was grinding to get Vindicta, I had to become really good with that Vette which honestly I hate, now you will barely see me using Vette.

That match I loaded a Vette at the beginning to counter the amount of snipers on your team, there were 4 snipers hence Vettes are needed to counter them, other wise shoot from far and job done, Snipers are also annoying to other DN and Destroyers players ;-)

But I have to thank you for considering me a threat which I'm not, my skills are barely over the average if so ;-), cya around.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 26, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 10:25 a.m.

I think this is a bit whiney, I've been paired with t4 ships as a T2 and played just fine, you can't be an idiot about how you play if T4 ships are around, always follow your team. Generally it seems like teams will have at least a few T3 and T4 ships on both sides, so if you feel like you can't do enough dmg be a Tac, the healing they do even at T2 for a T4 friendly dreadnought can make a big difference.

"That's a nice ship ya got there" said the corvette to the artillery.

April 26, 2017, 10:36 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 10:37 a.m.

RaptorRex20#3573 posted (#post-118173)

I think this is a bit whiney, I've been paired with t4 ships as a T2 and played just fine, you can't be an idiot about how you play if T4 ships are around, always follow your team. Generally it seems like teams will have at least a few T3 and T4 ships on both sides, so if you feel like you can't do enough dmg be a Tac, the healing they do even at T2 for a T4 friendly dreadnought can make a big difference.

What you say is true, but it doesn't eliminate the frustration when you are grinding a specific ship, specially for new players, if I were to start again with what I know now I wouldnn't had focused in one or two ships at a time, but that's only learned with experience, and when you learned you are usually past that stage.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 26, 2017, 10:58 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 11:10 a.m.

Fixing matchmaking would solve a lot of problems. Whether you blame it on fleets or something else, the point is that T2 ships are playing against T4 in Veteran matches almost every game now (which discourages a lot of new players and offers no challenge to T4 players), and T5 ships never play at all.

Fix matchmaking, and a lot of other things will fall into place. Whether this is done by re-arranging the tier system or matching based on rank instead of tier----whatever....as long as its fixed---progress will be easier for early tiers, player retention will increase, and the game will be a lot more enjoyable for seasoned players. I can't tell you how many times I've played in Team Elimination now with no healers and everyone splitting off doing their own thing b/c the tier 2 and 3 ships are not experienced enough to know how to play as a team. This is very frustrating for T4 players b/c ruins the team-based gameplay. I'd rather have more of a challenge than play target practice on motionless solitary targets.

And I'd rather fly the T5 ship I am grinding to than it be merely a trophy item. There is a whole pool of players in T5 that is not being tapped into right now, b/c matchmaking doesn't even consider it an option.

April 26, 2017, 12:39 p.m.

How you want fix matchmaking? Except not allowing Recruit fleets and Veteran fleets in one match. What else can be done?
DN has two huge problems. One is lack of players, second are tiers itself. That's why "MM is bad".

April 26, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

Should matches only be against your own teir and maybe one higher? That kinda takes the diversity out of it for me. And how do you measure individual player skill in MM? Maybe some sort of system as to when your "pilot rating" is high enough, you can get matched with higher Teirs. Of course it is more complicated then that. Sometimes i get matched with bad players and some times not. Im open to criticism on anything I post.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.