FORUMS

stop all future development until MM is fix

Posted: //
April 26, 2017, 2:19 p.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

Ok, if you want a legit change to the way ships are matched, make it so that 1. Different fleet ranks can not play with ranks that are not the same. And 2. T1 is recruit fleet, T2-T3 is advanced, and T4-T5 is legendary. Problem solved. I know T4 ships can put up a fight against T5 ships, plus it would help T5 ships actually find matches. Just make it so that each team at minimum has one T5. (Even if It's a tac T5 it can do a lot for a team)

"That's a nice ship ya got there" said the corvette to the artillery.

April 26, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

Guys, I got an entire fleet of T4s in less than 2 months. One which is fully upgraded and now gaining EXP towards T5. I unlocked all other ships up to T3 in this time as well. During my entire time grinding my T2 ships to T3, not once did I ever get put into a T3-4 game because I always kept at least one T1 in my Recruit fleet. The game is not that difficult to level up and get new ships. Yes, you might have to go back to recruit to grind credits for ships because of maintenance. That's normally when the seal clubbing happens. I think if they just lowered the maintenance or got rid of it altogether, it wouldn't be so bad. When I'm on teamspeak with a full squad, it's brutal in Recruit matches.

April 26, 2017, 3:13 p.m.

As for match making, it should be,

Recruit = T1-2
Advanced = T3-4
Legendary = T4-5

Problem solved. The majority of the players are sitting on T4s or just started. Having T1 as its own MM is stupid. You get enough EXP from 1 or 2 matches to move to T2. Pointless to separate them.

April 26, 2017, 3:40 p.m.

Something like the above would work just fine. I have also seen the suggestion;

Recruit: T1-T2
Advanced: T2-T3
Legendary: T4-T5

Either way, it would resolve some major MM issues. And by bringing in T5 players into the mix, it adds a growing pool of active players.

April 26, 2017, 3:57 p.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 4 p.m.

the problem i have is when you have one fleet full of t3's, t4's and high ranking players and the other with 2 or 3 brand new players in t2's and some t3's.

if you look at the teams, before the match and see the rank's and tiers, if they were evenly match then ok but that never happens. when it happens it is always one team with all the noobs

all i ask is a roughly even spread between fleets

April 26, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

I spent about half of my Recruit matches being pulled into Veterans. The tier 1 ship helped, but did not cure the problem. My adult sons became tired of the imbalance and one quit playing. Maintenance and life caused the other to quit. Both moved on to games that were fun, not punishing.

After a 100 - 0 seal clubbing, I stopped playing anything but Onslaught.

With tier 4 maintenance almost twice as high as tier 3, and Onslaught offline, I haven't played in days. Last week or so of Elite unused.

Not sure when, or if I will re-aquire Elite, and I have not played without it.

Are developers listening? Not sure at this point.

April 27, 2017, 8:57 a.m.

My suggestion is to re-classify each ships by their own tiers. Recruit should only be Tier 1 and 2 ships while Veteran would be Tier 3 and 4, legendary would be Tier 5 only. This way people would have a better experience on match making. The current match making is erroneous, why would a tier 2 ship that is currently playing for module upgrade face Tier 4 ships. However from what I notice though, Tier 4 ships mostly appear once you bought a Tier 3 ship but there are occasional times where tier 4 ships appear even when you haven't bought a Tier 3 ship yet, that is just seal clubbing. Tier 2 ships can't easily win over a Tier 3 ships with officer briefing advantage just being one tier higher. Yes, skilled players can win over higher Tier ships but mostly Tier 2 players are inexperience and is still new to the game. I hope they'll re balance match making soon so we all can have fun. smile Let the game be noobs vs noobs, experience players vs experience players. Yeah true, there are skilled players who'll play lower tier matches but at least they don't have outright advantage by using higher tier ships over the lower one, aka Tier 4 vs Tier 2. It was quiet long, but thanks for reading! That's all my feedback regarding balance issues.

April 27, 2017, 12:03 p.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2017, 12:07 p.m.

KathleenJade#7391 posted (#post-118331)

My suggestion is to re-classify each ships by their own tiers. Recruit should only be Tier 1 and 2 ships while Veteran would be Tier 3 and 4, legendary would be Tier 5 only.

Matchmaking already aims for this if there is enough players. If there is not enough players, then it decides to make exceptions in order to expedite wait times.

So part of the solution, it seems, should be to spread the player pool evenly over Recruit/Veteran/Legendary. Right now, Recruit is the largest pool, and thus matchmaking is able to do its job, generally speaking (most Recruit matches are T1/T2--at leas twhen I player them).... whereas Veteran is significantly smaller (thus we see more exceptions).... and Legendary is smaller still.

What is puzzling to me, however, is why Legendary continues to be left a dead and solitary tier. There is a growing pool of T5 players, which, if used, could boost matchmaking significantly (for example, by joining T4/T5 to Legendary). But the current system ignores this entire pool of players, and renders their ships unplayable.

I realize Yager is planning for the future---that T5 will grow in time. But at this rate it could take many months---if not years---for there to be enough T5 players to play Legendary. They may never even see it. Its like waiting for the apple tree to grow in order to eat an apple for lunch.

April 27, 2017, 1:19 p.m.

Or just remove tiers altogether, let ships have different variants (like MWO), remove one whole limiting factor in matchmaking and just match based on some sort of skill rating or ELO.

I feel that devs really trying to live their dream and think their ideas are good one, but at this point, tiers will be always limiting factor both in matchmaking and moment to moment gameplay

April 27, 2017, 3:52 p.m.

Ship tiers is overall good towards the gameplay though, it motivates players to spend some time and effort towards the game in order to unlock the ship they wanted to get the most. Thus, making the players to test and try out other ship classes for diversity/tactics. Plus there are ships that is uniquely design compared to others, unlocking those legendary Tier ships either through time grinding or spending money is a badge of achievement for most players (another reason you play the game aside from having fun right? smile. So what the game needed right now is a balance match making, the one I mention from an earlier post. Skill rating isn't a bad idea, but it encourages smurfing and the practice of creating many accounts just to get a higher skill rating, making it unviable for this game. I think what most players wanted is the fun and enjoyment of playing the game while grinding through each Tier levels. My suggestion for balanced match making is to separate higher tier ships from lower ones for fairer matches. You don't want your Tier 2 unresearch ship face off with a fully upgraded Tier 4 ones, are you? smile either you want to fight battles on equal footing or just want to play with experienced players, we all share the same sentiments here.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.