FORUMS

stop all future development until MM is fix

Posted: //
April 27, 2017, 3:56 p.m.

i'm afraid at this point the only (possible) 'solutions' that might make matchmaking semi reasonable would be:

• remove fleets and only allow players to queue with 1 ship < this would pretty much take a big chunk of gameplay away that makes dn stand out from the competition so not a great idea
  • make it so exp is spread evenly amongst all ships in a fleet (in the end the big problem is always: you need to lvl that ship you hate/are not good at > yet mm queue's you to a match assuming you'll use your best ship in order to win)
  • seperate ALL tiers into seperate fleets (horrible idea since it would take milions of active players to achieve smile ) > but it would be semi balanced in ship power
  • remove tiers and go back to previous (i know it's not going to happen and i dont want it, but i cant ignore that it would solve alot of issues so it has to go on the list)

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

April 27, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

OPTION1:
Split the teirs completely:
- Recruit fleet = t1 and t2 ONLY
- Veteran Fleet = t3 and t4 ONly
- Legendary Fleet = T5 only
Make each fleet require a minimum of two ships from each teir to form except for Legendary.

Option2:
Alternatively split teirs as follows
- Recruit t1 & t2
- Veteran t2 and t3
- Elite t3 and t4
- Legendary t4 and t5

Make each fleet require a minimum of two ships from each teir to form except for Legendary.
Rewards and maintenance to scale upward with each level.
make playing Veteran matches almost all gainful. ie, low maintenance costs at veteran, so as to make it fun and easy to hit t4. Scale up the speed of reaching t4 by about 50% through increased credit and exp gains.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
[Arthur C. Clarke's 3rd Law]
-DeclinHall (aka Deck)

April 27, 2017, 6:55 p.m.

came in to play the game I get my fleet is in Maintance and it will not allow me to play even though ive payed for premium play?????

What is that about so I'm not allowed to play the game even though ive payed?????

Our fleet is from the United Star Systems (USS) WARRATS, Our planet is secretly located out side the edge of the universe and is called DRANDOON. We are a race that will not be messed with and used as fools in these battles for control over solar systems. Trust is something we don't do. All our ships are available for any faction or clan that needs our assistance in battle so long as it pays enough.

April 27, 2017, 7:05 p.m.

Capt_ WARSEAL#6018 posted (#post-118393)

came in to play the game I get my fleet is in Maintance and it will not allow me to play even though ive payed for premium play?????

What is that about so I'm not allowed to play the game even though ive payed?????

Premium is just an increase in earnings, if you lose/dc you have to pay the credit maintenance.

Recruit Engineer

April 27, 2017, 9:22 p.m.

They cant fix MM there just is not enough ppl playing this game that's why it is messed up they killed it they did not want to listen to what ppl had to say and just did what they wanted to do the whole beta was a joke because they didn't want to listen to the feedback they were getting hence the current game you have.
I for one have had enough of this dying game I'm tired of sitting in a hanger forever waiting on a match that's guaranteed to be messed up due to the MM and low population. Will check back in mid summer and see if it changes until then uninstalling.

April 28, 2017, 1:41 a.m.

I have played some matches today and I have conclude that team ship compositions generally affects factors about winning once you played certain maps. Match making isn't certainly bad once you started familiarizing how the game works. So here ya go, my general observations on a specific order.

Recruit and Veteran Matches: Tier 123 (No data on Tier 4 yet but I'll give a heads up once I get there)
Highest Kill Rate - Corvettes, Artillery Cruisers, Destroyers, Dreadnoughts, Tactical Cruisers.
Highest Win Percentage - Tactical Cruisers, Destroyers/Corvettes/Artillery, Dreadnoughts.

I wouldn't give much detailed information about other ships but I will highlight dreadnoughts as they were the last place in my win percentage around 50 percent. Their usefulness is sometimes overlooked given the ship's slow mobility (Albeit faster than artillery cruisers). A team can't win matches without one or two dreadnoughts soaking up damage in their place.

Tadaaa~ The heavy tanks in the game, Dreadnoughts. Although I put it on the last place for the winning percentage, I can't deny their usefulness in the early and middle stages of the game. They generally soak up damage while letting their own team unleash heavy fire power on the opponents but one can't underestimate their own fire power however. They are generally deadly especially at close ranges and is not a main target of corvettes given their high hp. Dreadnoughts shine on maps where they can hide on obstructions and slowly creeping their way in close towards the other team, and then unleashing high burst damages towards ships that get in range using primary nuke modules or heavy broadsides, usually knocking down ships like destroyers and tactical cruisers easily. Dreadnoughts are generally best paired with Tactical Cruisers.

So here's my conclusion, a good team is compose of 2 dreadnoughts, 2 tactical cruisers, 1 or 2 corvettes/artillery cruisers and the rest is destroyers (heavy damage dealers at mid ranges). So yeah! Let's keep on winning guys.

May 4, 2017, 1:18 p.m.

I've read everyone's post hear and I see my issue is with ME! I must learn more and use better tactics to make score and on top of that I figured out when my ships are in maintenance and I'm not able to use them I can change from VET to another level of ships and still get into the game and make score so my ships can get repaired.
Thank you all for your responses.

Our fleet is from the United Star Systems (USS) WARRATS, Our planet is secretly located out side the edge of the universe and is called DRANDOON. We are a race that will not be messed with and used as fools in these battles for control over solar systems. Trust is something we don't do. All our ships are available for any faction or clan that needs our assistance in battle so long as it pays enough.

May 4, 2017, 1:46 p.m.

I have a strong feeling at the moment that the largest part of the MM troubles are population, but I feel like this mainly applies to Veteran.

In Recruit, queue times seem to be much shorter, I see quite a lot of player diversity, as far as not seeing too many people twice, that sort of thing. I feel like perhaps if the Devs were to make public the specific method the MM uses, we could determine how much of the issue is population, how much is the MM, how big an impact Tiers, Ranks, etc are all having.

If we knew that, perhaps suggestions could be made on how to fix the issue. Right now, I personally have no ideas how they could fix it, without knowing what the population really is, how that's divided into Recruit and Veteran, and what parameters the MM is taking into account to provide matches.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 4, 2017, 6:47 p.m.

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-119245)

I feel like perhaps if the Devs were to make public the specific method the MM uses, we could determine how much of the issue is population, how much is the MM, how big an impact Tiers, Ranks, etc are all having.

But if they did that, the public could truly see how bad of shape this game is really in, therefore that won't happen!

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

May 4, 2017, 7:08 p.m.

if as a tier 2 you don't want to get in to veteran matches then leave 1 tier 1 ship in your lineup problem solved

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.