FORUMS

stop all future development until MM is fix

Posted: //
May 9, 2017, 8:10 a.m.

The Tier 1 ship in your Recruit fleet thing shouldn't be considered an exploit, since to my knowledge it's the recommended tactic for all new players to avoid ending up in Vet matches before they can pull their weight. It's even listed on various places around the internet, including these forums, as the main way to avoid that issue.

I personally feel like aside from the similar tactic of keeping a T2 in your Vet fleet to keep maintenance costs low, they'd be better off just adjusting Veteran to contain T3-4 only. First they'd need to remove maintenance however, which they should do anyway.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 9, 2017, 9:54 a.m.

Sardekar#3716 posted (#post-119847)

The Tier 1 ship in your Recruit fleet thing shouldn't be considered an exploit, since to my knowledge it's the recommended tactic for all new players to avoid ending up in Vet matches before they can pull their weight. It's even listed on various places around the internet, including these forums, as the main way to avoid that issue.

I personally feel like aside from the similar tactic of keeping a T2 in your Vet fleet to keep maintenance costs low, they'd be better off just adjusting Veteran to contain T3-4 only. First they'd need to remove maintenance however, which they should do anyway.

It is also the way to avoid having to fight T5s with your T4. As a full T4 vet fleet will get matched against T5s.

Recruit Engineer

May 9, 2017, 10:47 a.m.

@MCY Kedo, oh, now I see what you are referring to.

How long are you folks spending in recruit matches? I think I was in level 3 within days of playing the game. I guess I was assuming that anyone in this forum would be fairly experienced and therefore using the queue trick to masquerade as a Newby, not being an actual Newby needing to be shielded. So in that regard it wouldn't be a malevolent exploit.

But I didn't experience any of this hardship in the recruit circuit. This whole issue seems very overstated to me. I did get mistakenly put in novice matches when my squad mate selected the novice fleet by mistake. But that was human error.

May 9, 2017, 1:08 p.m.

For example yesterday, I took my friend to this h=game for the first time (third friend I did that with) and if I hadn't put tier 1 in my fleet, we both could have been pulled to veteran matches... and he wouldn't learn much there, would he? Next example: I bought Jutland and got just 1k credits left, so I went for a few maintenenceless recruit matches. If there was the same number of recruits in both teams of veteran match, I'd be ok with that, but it's usually greatly imba. Other point is, that when I fly recruit fleet and get pulled to veteran match, I can evade it by just leaving it without penalty... sticking tier 1 ship in fleed eliminates this thus it saves me plenty of time.

May 9, 2017, 3:03 p.m.

I guess that problem's solved then, right?

May 11, 2017, 2:59 a.m.

Guys! new report. Have you been warped in a map where the score is already insurmountable for your team to win when queuing for a match? :/ Happens to me a few times when the opposing side already have a score of 80 and my team is 20 in team death match, while on the other hand I got lucky on team elimination. I got warped in when opposing side have 1 ship left, easy win after another round later. I do wonder if this is a rare occurrence or just game intended(maybe penalty for having a win streak? If so, I don't mind it smile I am a generous person after all). Anyhow, I just noticed it now. Although I don't mind another blemish on my record, I do need an explanation regarding this one. Stat-wise, most players do want a good clean record. As a part of human nature, we all wanna brag how good we are, are we? especially if you wanna compare your win over loss to your friends and other players (guys don't lie to me on this one, I do know how big your egos are smile lmao). On my part, it would be preferable if this doesn't happen at all even if this is a rare occurrence. Let players have a good fair match, whack each other toes by toes on equal footing. If it is part of making the match maker queuing faster though, then I am not against it. Pretty understandable given the significant amount of player base preference playing the game on PS4 (hum yeah, I'm playing this game on PC).

May 11, 2017, 3:38 a.m.

looks at the poor dead horse Time for a beating!

I think we all agree joining a game in progress that's losing soundly is unfair. Most modern games wont count it as a loss and you will not incur a penalty. Typically you're rewarded for the crummy experience/staying. I fully expect them to implement this system eventually. It'll just take time. It's a reasonable way to deal with these unfortunate scenarios.

looks at the dead horse again Not done yet.

T2s have no business in T4 battles. A player new or old shouldn't be expected to put a lower tier ship in their fleet to stop a potential stomp from happening. Especially since it's not told to the player at any time in-game. Depending on the skill of the players involved... a T4 can soundly stomp a T3. You can imagine how badly that compounds to T2s.

Torturing and griefing the player base isn't a great idea. Plus a T2 can ruin the other T3/T4's game in the process. It's not their fault they got put in the match... but it'll certainly be a liability. Depending on how many are present it's often the deciding factor. It may seem small but some people only have to have this happen once or twice and they'll write the game off. Nobody likes that amount of tilted odds. Ok maybe Dark Souls people but they are masochists. smile

May 16, 2017, 6:01 p.m.

HellFire401#9582 posted (#post-119760)

i found a way around the MM problem. Slot a single tier 1 ship in your Recruit fleet. As long as the tier 1 ship is slotted the game will only match you with Recruit matches regardless of whether the tier 1 ship is played or not.

This only works for noobs, get up beyond the 3 million XP mark and it don't matter if your whole fleet is filled with tier 1, you will still get pulled into veteran matches.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.