FORUMS

black listed players. i drop out when i see them

Posted: //
April 26, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2017, 6:19 p.m.

i know this will not be met well but any way

there are some players that i fell there is no point playing against. call it my bad playing, ship set up or they are just better but i would rather drop out a game, pay the maintenance and requeue and hope one of the other players arent in the next one.

so here they are so far, ill keep adding as i find them

fibblit (tank, corvette)
zampano (fire through cloak, corvette)
apperceptor (target jump, corvette)
sersen (fire through cloak, corvette)
dr_weismann (jutland, nuke salvo)
mercmontego (corvette, target jump)
aersdri (fire through cloak, corvette)

also they tend to be lv 50

this may sound like it will cost you but so far i am making cred's and xp and having a more enjoyable games

April 26, 2017, 4:24 p.m.

You are missing a very long list of very accomplished players. This list ought to go over 30 real quick.

April 26, 2017, 4:41 p.m.

I've only encountered one really talented guy so far. I hope I can get a T4 to actually give him a fight. The guy is legit good. I've encountered a bunch of decent guys that when they are running a T4... I know to either avoid them or ambush them as they make a move on my team.

I don't feel naming them is the way to go though. Just puts unnecessary targets on their backs.

April 26, 2017, 4:43 p.m.

but those targets might help the team to focus fire when they come near or as you say to ambush them.

April 26, 2017, 6 p.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 6:03 p.m.

There are some really amazing players on DN---Warthain, Hamsta, Tobi-Wan-Kanobi, Xtratega, Illusion... I could go on and on.... And although I agree it can be frustrating to fight against such great players (I've come to just accept that I will get pounced on), I try to use the opportunity to examine their gameplay and learn from them as much as possible. So rather than exit the match, I do the opposite. I specifically target these players in a match, so that I can A) at least TRY to neutralize their 14-kill streak, and B ) be as close to them as possible to see how they play.

April 26, 2017, 6:24 p.m.

the players you mentioned are really good but at least i feel i have a chance of countering them

April 26, 2017, 6:34 p.m.

You only get better by playing against good players.

April 26, 2017, 7:31 p.m.

I think Im done, 10 loses 1 win so far tonight, I have no words, not even 2 weeks playing and somehow I end up playing against players with months of experience.

I try to have fun after work, do you think I have the time to try to catch up with Hamsta and the like? no man, I hope MM can do a better a job at putting me with players with my skills, using K/D win/lose rate or something.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 26, 2017, 9:07 p.m.

I joined right after the last wipe. I got to go up against many of these guys as they were working their way back through the ranks. In Recruit, I got stomped on. Then I got to experience being pulled into Veterans with a Recruit fleet to be stomped on again. When I got to Veterans, I got to be stomped on again, with them in their tier 4s and me in relatively new tier 3s.

But, I also got to play on the same team as these guys from time to time. I got to watch how they played. Sometimes got to actually cooperate and be supported by them.

Over the course of my about 90 hours of play time, I am on the winning side about one game of every three. Some days it's better. Some days it's worse. I found ways to help my team. Sometimes it was avoiding being killed. Sometimes it was playing healer. Sometimes it was the third ship type that let me be less a seal and a little bit of a clubber.

Grinding for a particular ship type let's you be less of a team player as you feel compelled to fly that ship, even though you would be a better team mate in a different ship. I'm grateful to be essentially done with the climb to tier 4. However I shudder to think of the grind to level up the ships I now have, because these same guys are still here in Veterans.

Mostly I wish the maintenance fee didn't nearly double with tier 4 ships in you fleet. Still trying to steel myself for that grind if I keep my win rate about the same. That and waiting for the return of Onslaught, where I can score some points.

April 26, 2017, 10:21 p.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2017, 10:25 p.m.

Horus#2672 posted (#post-118253)
the players you mentioned are really good but at least i feel i have a chance of countering them

The players that most frustrate you seem to be corvette players. What I sometimes do when I see an experienced vette player, is I will play a vette myself, as I know that the best way to counter his 14-kill streak is to get 9 or 10 kills of my own (the vette, admittedly, is a kill-making machine). I normally don't play vette anymore---because it often feels too easy---but I do use it for this kind of situation.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.