FORUMS

An idea to help balance some of it? Match Points related.

Posted: //
April 28, 2017, 12:04 p.m.

Updated //
April 28, 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Points variance for tiers. Killing a lower tier is less points. Killing a higher tier is more points.

Example.
T2 in Veteran are worth 2 points.
T3 3 points.
T4 4 points.

So at the very least the higher tier your team the more risk you take. Plus it should help curtail the farming of lower tiers in some matches. You could make it even more drastic than that if you want.

You could get more complex if you like it tie it directly to your own tier. Example being...

If you're own ship is T2... you get a full 4 pts for whatever you shoot down.
If you're T3... you get 3 pts for T2 and 4 for T4.
If you're T4... you get 2 pts for T2 and 3 for T3 and 4 for T4.

At least in that way you are properly rewarding each action. A T4 beating on a T2 isn't a feat at all. Yet a T2 getting a T4 is.

Just an idea. I know it doesn't fix many of the other issues but it may make people feel less bad for getting wrecked by higher tiers knowing it's costing the team less. I wouldn't doubt it if someone had come up with this idea before... so apologies in advance.

April 28, 2017, 9:18 p.m.

It not a fix but at least it will help balance the end game win condition in mix match. Also giving officers to T2 in mix match would be a good start.

April 29, 2017, 7:28 p.m.

Updated //
April 29, 2017, 7:28 p.m.

Hmmm, I like the idea. Anything to help reduce the seal clubbing would be helpful, I would think. This seems a good step in the right direction.

April 29, 2017, 9:59 p.m.

It sounds good. Just had a game with Grimm. We had a team of three teir 4s, myself in jutland and Grimm in Koschie. Rest was teir 1-2s. We won by more than half points. A first for me... But it would be awesome if the teir 1-2s got rewarded for pulling that off with us.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.