FORUMS

Do you want players to spend money?

Posted: //
April 29, 2017, 11:38 a.m.

Updated //
April 29, 2017, 11:41 a.m.

Do you want players to spend money without they feeling they are being rip off?

• Eliminate the credit system completely, convert the existing credit to free XP at some reasonable rate when you do so -if you do so which I doubt because your reputation indicates you don't listen- re-evaluate the XP needed to unlock T4 and T5 stuff, make the game faster pace to reach these museum ships.
  • Make the system be completely based on XP.
  • Make converting XP to free XP give you more value for the money, once you reach T4 the current rate is garbage, unless you want to pay $500 which is unreasonable and un-affordable by most.
  • Stop trying to squeeze every cent from the very small community you have by doing all I have said unless you want this community to shrink more and more, re-evaluate your prices, you are NOT World of Tanks, you are NOT World of Warships, you are in-beta, a extremely buggy game and extremely expensive for being beta, we are not paying to develop the game, thats what investors are for.
  • Re-evaluate the skills, balance.
  • Lastly and probably the most important, fix MM.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

April 29, 2017, 11:45 a.m.

Most of the modules of this game are useless, most of them are there to squeeze people patience and money and give nothing, nada, cero, niente in return, they are just there to drain our XP and credits and once you get them, boom, nothing, they simply are useless.

You need to stop doing that, we are not stupid, maybe you think we are, we are not, this scam needs to stop, make things worth something.

April 29, 2017, 7:11 p.m.

I won't comment on the suggestions above, but I will say the the modules in this game are definitely not useless. There may be some that could probably use a re-work (for example, Turn Amplifier for artillery). But overall the modules do add value.

April 30, 2017, 11:49 a.m.

Normandy_SR3#6697 posted (#post-118634)

I won't comment on the suggestions above, but I will say the the modules in this game are definitely not useless. There may be some that could probably use a re-work (for example, Turn Amplifier for artillery). But overall the modules do add value.

I respect your opinion, in part you are right, I have narrow that category to missiles and torpedoes, except for the really close range ones the others seem to barely do anything.

May 1, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Some of your points are certainly valid, they could fine-tune the grind a bit for sure, but as for the MM-

It's Beta. In almost no game ever was there a good MM for Beta, because the population simply cannot support it. Even in established games with fairly beefy MM, things still go downhill when the player populations are low on off-peak times, because they have to open valves, etc, and put people of varying degrees of skill against one another. If MM issues persist after launch, and we know there's a healthy game population, then that's an issue, however right now it's behaving as should be expected for a beta test with a really low player population.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

May 1, 2017, 11:32 a.m.

OK, let's give it a chance to MM, but the grinder and market are of little reward.

Look at games like Paragon, Paladins, Overwatch, I know they are different -and way easier for my taste TBH- games, but there has to be a way to retain highly skilled players while making the game more affordable in time and money for the casuals.

You might say, ah, but casuals are not the target audience, but casuals are good business income, people that have less time and like to take shortcuts (not pay to win but pay for convenience)

You might also say, but then it would be easy to reach the "vertical end game faster", by vertical I mean Tiers, that's OK, create more game modes, this game with more imagination can find many sweet spots, many things can be done with it, without being another tiered World of Whatever grinding style.

Heck, I would even create a PlanetSide 2 version of Dreadnoughts smile

May 1, 2017, 1:29 p.m.

Warbreaker#9667 posted (#post-118826)

Planetside 2 was actually a huge success for Sony, and did a lot of things right for a F2P game. Other developers can learn a lot from it, especially games based around tactical coordination and communication (like Dreadnought).

-N03

May 1, 2017, 2:07 p.m.

Normandy_SR3#6697 posted (#post-118842)

Warbreaker#9667 posted (#post-118826)

Planetside 2 was actually a huge success for Sony, and did a lot of things right for a F2P game. Other developers can learn a lot from it, especially games based around tactical coordination and communication (like Dreadnought).

-N03

Imagine dreadnought at a smaller scale, could be awesome, PS2 is one of the few games I can say I played for years.

May 1, 2017, 4:03 p.m.

Fractured Space has a great model imo and its very very similar to this game, when i first downloaded Fractured space and started unlocking ships i wondered to myself how does this company make money? then i saw the armada pack, for 40 dollars you get every single ship unlocked, no grind, no elite status account. 40 bucks seemed like the game was worth it and it was just has the same issue as this game which is low player base. so i already spent 20 bucks on this game and got a bunch of credits and 30 days elite and i still feel like im moving no where.

May 1, 2017, 4:39 p.m.

This game has made a lot of confusing decisions. The switch to the tier system at the very end of the closed beta and the way they implemented it seem shortsighted. This game has never had a large community (judging from the time it takes to find a game and forum postings), yet they've built it like it has one. They should be finding more ways to get people together, not differentiating their already small player base.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.