FORUMS

Why i don't recommend this game to my friends

Posted: //
May 3, 2017, 12:09 a.m.

Cause i tired of games, with suffering model of ingame progressing.
What i mean? I mean situation, when u need play at boring and not interesting (for u) ship to unlock desired ship or/and ability (officer briefings). I mean situation, when u need play at wittingly weaker ship (t3 vs full-modules t4). And we do it in hope to future equal matches, but this hope - is a lie. I saw how deceptive this hope in several another games.

P.S. What we expect from session arena games (which is dreadnought too): equal conditions to players in match, when win depends on player skills, and some unexpected tactics. We desire get fun (games=fun); and gladness from glorious victory over an equal opponent. We full of suffer, tire and boring monotonous labor from work, and don't want get same feelings from game (remember game should be = fun)

Thnx, bye.

May 3, 2017, 6:02 a.m.

I would reccomend to my friends. But I would also recommend that they work as a team, stay close to healers, and focus on getting assists and concentrator ribbons etc while they are in tier II/III. 4 assists = 2 kills. And if you keep cover and don't die too many times then you won't give the enemy many points. This will increase your odds of winning and getting more XP.

For me, the game is fun when I'm helping the team win. And sometimes, just simply not dying and assisting your strong players in the way to victory. If you'd like to squad up with me let me know. I'm happy to play recruit or veteran.

May 7, 2017, 2:15 a.m.

this is why i don't recommend this game to my worse enemy

absolute cancer

May 7, 2017, 3:05 a.m.

ATomIK#3168 posted (#post-119610)

absolute cancer

+1 to this all da*n day. Just abhorrent of a matchup system. Always happens in the evenings.

May 7, 2017, 4:29 a.m.

Saureco#3154 posted (#post-119611)

ATomIK#3168 posted (#post-119610)

absolute cancer

+1 to this all da*n day. Just abhorrent of a matchup system. Always happens in the evenings.

When this happens I focus on trying not to die. Rather than try to win I try to enjoy nullifying a particular player's tactic (e.g., a rushing destroyer, or sneaky corvette). If you just try to win then it is really dissapointing when this happens. But if you aim for self-improvement or pulling off a particular tactic then you can find some enjoyment even if getting smashed.

May 7, 2017, 11:46 p.m.

You can reach your ship class fairly quickly. It does take some time to level up to reach the tier 5 ship. Playing other ships while leveling up does help you learn their over all functionality. Which in turn helps you when fighting that class of ship.

May 8, 2017, 12:54 a.m.

I find it funny you linked that screenshot as evidence of a bad matchmaker. The only thing bad that i see is that your side didnt want to win. You had one tech ship. Just one. while the other team had 4. Of course you lost. Ship level didnt even make a difference there.

May 8, 2017, 2:33 a.m.

Kryptogod#9186 posted (#post-119692)

I find it funny you linked that screenshot as evidence of a bad matchmaker. The only thing bad that i see is that your side didnt want to win. You had one tech ship. Just one. while the other team had 4. Of course you lost. Ship level didnt even make a difference there.

WHICH SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. God, the arrogance of the playerbase is enough to drive new players out. What's the matter man, we not l337 enough for you? It's in beta, but still feels like alpha. How have they not fixed something as basic as matchmaking? This is how Fractured Space faced an early demise. Another F2P MOBA where the devs made their game, and left it to collect dust in hopes of making a quick buck.

The game is bad enough.
Crappy attitudes like yours don't help.

May 8, 2017, 10:12 a.m.

Updated //
May 8, 2017, 11:08 a.m.

Kryptogod#9186 posted (#post-119692)

ok so,

• a single screenshot and one liner means im using that as credible evidence to bash matchmaking
  • a fking scoreboard dictates whether a team wants to win or not
  • i have full control over my teammates to choose the ships i want them to play

you have no idea what happened in-game. there are a lot more cases MUCH worse than i've been through and several vets can attest. i posted that as a meme but you're too busy slobbering over dreadnoughts weiner to see that.

May 8, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

The matchmaking is pretty friggen abysmal. I don't recommend it generally. I mean, even matchmaking aside. I have more than two friends, and I have four friends that play. There's no point to recommending anyone else get in on it because I play with the more experienced of the two, as opposed to the newbies. And why? Because they're stuck in Tier 3 until further notice, getting roflstomped by IV's. And that's IF I can convince them the core gameplay is enticing enough to stick around and suffer through it.

It's a -far cry- from the pre-shipyard update grind where all you needed to do was gain enough XP and credits to get what you need. Back then it was relatively easy to talk people into it because you had trader ships to piggyback on until you could join the big boys. Now, people take one look at this contrived "Level half a dozen ships you don't want to give the light of day just to have the officer briefings you need to have a strong build." business and go. "HAHA. No." And when they realize this and bring this up? I don't have a counter argument to that. Honestly if I hadn't played pre-shipyard, I'd have deleted this game a longggggggggggg time ago.

It's fun, sure, for me, someone who went into it knowing exactly what to do and how to do it from the instant it started, and had the money to burn like 300$ to skip progression as quickly as humanly possible to -get- to the builds I knew worked. But for new players with zero attachment? You greybox guys are really trying to kill this thing as far as most can tell. Almost zero transparency. This god-awful maintenance, sub-tree pseudo world of tanks nonsense that I'd have to seriously consider before wishing it on my enemies. I like what you've done in the past, and I like this game's core gameplay and potential, but you guys are really murdering it and I'm relatively sure it's some money grubbing sociopath accountant who only cares about numbers and short-term gains but this isn't the way to go.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.