FORUMS

Upgrade Hero ships?

Posted: //
May 5, 2017, 12:32 a.m.

Could we please upgrade hero ships? Several of your hero ships are much more attractive than your base ships. If I have unlocked the tier 4 ship that they are based on, why would that not unlock the progression tree for that hero ship?

May 5, 2017, 12:33 a.m.

These are the exact ships and builds that Captains use throughout the Dreadnought lore.

May 5, 2017, 1:32 a.m.

Yes, I know, and that is a really good place to start. But If I'm flying a ship, even a hero ship, I'm going to want to upgrade it.

If you unlock the ship that it is based on, why not unlock the tree for the hero ship as well. I'm not asking to make the OBs available to other ships, leave the OBs as they are, and locked to the hero ships. What I would like is the ability to tweak the modules.

May 5, 2017, 1:54 a.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-119375)

Yes, I know, and that is a really good place to start. But If I'm flying a ship, even a hero ship, I'm going to want to upgrade it.

If you unlock the ship that it is based on, why not unlock the tree for the hero ship as well. I'm not asking to make the OBs available to other ships, leave the OBs as they are, and locked to the hero ships. What I would like is the ability to tweak the modules.

I think you have a point there, because when you buy a hero ship, you can then use its cosmetics to customize the unlocked standard ship. Currently that works only on tier 5, but it is my understanding that it will be available on lower tiers later. That's why it would be fair to have it work the other way too for the modules. But the lore point is valid as well in its own way.

May 6, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

IF this were a real situation, and I acquired a famous ship and its crew, I would still do my best to upgrade it. The OBS essentially represent crew skill, so those could legitimately be locked, but even then, any OB's I have earned legitimately should be available. I see no reason to allow OBs that come with hero ships to be available to other ships as that would allow an end run around the progression system.

Sept. 2, 2018, 9 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-119543) said:

IF this were a real situation, and I acquired a famous ship and its crew, I would still do my best to upgrade it. The OBS essentially represent crew skill, so those could legitimately be locked, but even then, any OB's I have earned legitimately should be available. I see no reason to allow OBs that come with hero ships to be available to other ships as that would allow an end run around the progression system.

Agreed. Essentially YOU are the that "hero" ships captain the moment you buy it. Therefore upgrading is viable. Love the look of the MorningStar but my gosh it's loadout is garbage.

Sept. 3, 2018, 6:51 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-119372) said:

Could we please upgrade hero ships? Several of your hero ships are much more attractive than your base ships. If I have unlocked the tier 4 ship that they are based on, why would that not unlock the progression tree for that hero ship? no, because then everyone buys the Akkoro, equips with heal modules, or arty pods, and gets 5-6k free exp every game and it becomes just that much closer to a pay to win experience. rather than customization, they need to be cheaper since they have to be mediocre or its unfair to players who don't have cash to drop on hero ships. basically you would never have to grind a ship you didn't like ever and could just use a hero ship to get the exp. Thats why you can't buy the Kali anymore, and it is a beta exclusive

Dec. 7, 2018, 7:47 a.m.

i just bought a hero ship the HANUMAN. Its a TIER 3. Its completely locked that I can't change anything about it. Do I need to unlock a regular Tier 3 DREADNOUGHT to unlock the hero ship?

Dec. 7, 2018, 8 a.m.

Raijin9519#1424 posted (#post-234133) said:

i just bought a hero ship the HANUMAN. Its a TIER 3. Its completely locked that I can't change anything about it. Do I need to unlock a regular Tier 3 DREADNOUGHT to unlock the hero ship?

Have you completed al the novice tasks to get to the Veteran level? I don't think it's changed but when I picked up the game earlier this year to get to T3 I had to finish the novice tasks. If not the case you may want to contact support.

Dec. 7, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

Hero ships are never "unlocked", you can't change the loadout at all, ever. What you can do is dress up your normal ships to look like the hero ship, and modify those instead.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.