FORUMS

Weekend Qsync Bonanza

Posted: //
May 9, 2017, 9:36 p.m.

With one last weekend before the wipe I'd like to make a big push in getting as many people together in party as possible for Qsync matches. We had the party filled up at one point tonight with 8 people, and saw a total of 10 or 12 people come through.

I'm going to get the party rolling around 4pm or 5pm EST on Friday evening (5/12/17), and I'm gonna try to keep it up all weekend (..................) straight through Sunday. I'm sure we can get some people over in Europe to keep things rolling in the early morning hours here in the states. I'd like to see a few parties up at once during peak hours, but we will see.

It's not a completely serious affair, you lose a bit of the element of surprise when 3 or 4 of your opponents are in party with you, but it's a good time, and a good chance to practice teamwork.

Definitely a laid back atmosphere, everyone has been super friendly so far, and everyone is welcome to join. It's been great being able to pick everyones brain about mods and ships, and there is a ton of different information, experiences, and perspective to share and discuss.

I'm gonna do all this through the Dreadnought PS4 community, owned by Reaver, and I'll see about getting him/her on board to help promote and run squads.

And I'll still be running parties through the week, starting at around 4pm.

I'll keep this thread updated.

"I'm not grown up. Or I'm too grown up now, I think I just killed someone" -BMO

May 9, 2017, 11:42 p.m.

That was a good group, no trash talk and great competition. I even kind of enjoy that we can't pick our team, the random grouping adds to unpredictable competition.

May 10, 2017, 4 a.m.

Good initiative Dunk. I for one, had a blast. Good games, fun time, everyone was friendly. These matches are very good for practice both for older and newer players. I agree that the random matchmaking can be fun with different matchups. Sometimes a match can be a bit one-sided but even in these few cases i think we still have fun.

Howdidhekillme#9382 posted (#post-119918)

That was a good group, no trash talk and great competition. I even kind of enjoy that we can't pick our team, the random grouping adds to unpredictable competition.

F*XOFF that's you, right? (the filter won't even let me type your username smile)

Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.
-Master Sergeant Farell

May 10, 2017, 6:32 a.m.

The image of your Destroyer popping up out of the top of the rings on Saturn is gonna haunt me for a while Divide. Like a TrapDoor Spider, or some kind of sea creature reaching up to pull me under.

I'm hoping we can get enough people together to run some Recruit Fleets separately. There is still quite a few people that haven't reached a T3 yet, and I'm pretty sure they sent out another wave of codes this past Monday.

I'm stocking up on reefer and coffee, trying to stay up most of the weekend probably isn't the smartest thing for me to do.

But I've never been one to shy away from doing something stupid.

May 10, 2017, 6:49 a.m.

Updated //
May 10, 2017, 6:51 a.m.

Lol that was a risky move, i was waiting there hidden for your destroyers to move past me and hopefully i could catch either you or Kat in your tacticals. I was hoping so hard that i'm not spotted on the radar!
I used the tractor beam on you and i'm pretty sure it grabbed you at first. Then next thing i knew the tractor beam was on your healing pod instead (i don't know how it switched targets) and apparently you can't pull pods.. it looked like they're immovable or something, so instead my Dreadnought was the one being pulled towards the pod while you were escaping :')
I swear if i wasn't trying so hard to kill you, i'd be in tears from laughing. I effectively anchored myself.

Once again, great healing. I was able to stay alive for quite a while and get many kills with you behind me.

I'm confident we'll find more people either from here or from the community group. We'll post in there a bit. Hopefully new players will decide to join and we can help them gain some xp and climb through the tiers a bit. It's a good step towards the learning coalition you proposed.

You better be single btw. I doubt your missus will appreciate your weekend bonanza idea much smile

Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.
-Master Sergeant Farell

May 10, 2017, 7:03 a.m.

Fortunately I am, being an introvert has its perks at times.

Of course, these are the times in my life when some tramp breezes through and distracts me from what's important.

But not this weekend.

May 10, 2017, 7:05 a.m.

Battle and glory shall be our mistress this weekend brothers!

cringe

-Master Sergeant Farell

May 10, 2017, 9:48 a.m.

I expect to be around this weekend for some UK hours Dreadnought action, will see if I can rope one of my friends who is also in the Beta - he's still in the Recruit fleet stage so hopefully we won't run into the matchmaking hilarity of T2 vs T4 too much smile

May 10, 2017, 11:37 a.m.

Sounds good! I've played a couple of matches with you in the past. Good experience smile
I wouldn't mind running some recruit fleet rounds. We've had a few to help another guy in our group level up to Veteran and to my recollection we didn't run into any higher tier matches.

-Master Sergeant Farell

Closed