FORUMS

Input to determine playerbase

Posted: //
May 10, 2017, 11:18 p.m.

I got to thinking (I know, dangerous) that we might be able to get a feel for how many players have signed up for this game.

I signed up in mid January. My number is 5947. If that represents a numerical counting of players that have joined, then some more recent joiners could enlighten us as to how many have joined. Earlier players might confirm if this progression of numbers is real or not. Comparing against current player base might offer insight into long term viability of this game.

Any takers?

May 10, 2017, 11:24 p.m.

Well I joined in January of LAST year. My number is 2016. My alternate account I created just last month is 9300ish.

May 11, 2017, 1:01 a.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 1:31 a.m.

I joined a couple months ago. My number 6697. So it does appear to be in ascending order.

I suppose the next question is: Of the 10,000+ players, how many are active? How many are online on any given night? And how many are Recruit vs. Veteran?

May 11, 2017, 1:07 a.m.

So, if we're generous, that looks like a less than 1 in 10 retention rate. I wonder what the real numbers of active players on any one day is. I'm sure it's higher on weekends.

May 11, 2017, 1:16 a.m.

I signed on last May (a whole year ago, time goes by) and my ID is 4277.

May 11, 2017, 3:52 a.m.

May 11, 2017, 4:15 a.m.

April, 7086.

You can google/scroll old threads, you will see lots of nicknames that dont appear anymore.

May 11, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Guys those numbers are attached to your GreyBox account. GreyBox has 2 other games that use those same accounts, they will not reflect only Dreadnought numbers.

May 11, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

The last IDs were about 10k ish, divide by the amount of games to get a poor average, probably half that?, I know it is a far fetch but at least gives you some approximation, I haven't played for few days now, somehow haven't been attracted, maybe after next patch will retry.

Tell the truth, give a banana about political correctness

May 11, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-119968)

If that represents a numerical counting of players that have joined, then

It does not. It should be obvious because the number has only 4 digits, so if your idea was correct the game's population would be really really small. smile

The truth is that the number is a randomly generated ID added to your user name to make the combination unique. It exists because the user names as such are not unique, i.e. there can be several players with your name - but they will have a different ID.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.