FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.6.0 Discussion Megathread

Posted: //
May 11, 2017, 5:01 p.m.

Full Patch Notes are available here! Hop in-game and tell us what you think.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

May 11, 2017, 5:27 p.m.

I've noticed that the warp jump on the destroyers can now target warp regardless of distance. 0_o

May 11, 2017, 5:44 p.m.

Still have to dissect game to adjust controls.
Still have to dissect game to adjust mouse behavior.
Still no "server-side" crosshair - try with ping of 150+ ms.

Still some words "High" instead of NUMBERS.
Average DPS instead of NUMBERS.
UNKNOWN energy-to-weapons efect.
No data for ship's speed and handling SEPARATELY.

Bugged but finally working ship exterior customisation.
Fixed "Storm Missiles".
Something happened with AdrenalineShot, but energy amount is stil low as AAA battery.

Something positive happened with MatchMaking, but this is an assumption only.

Overall impression: game is moving into right direction straight as lightning and with charming grace of SLOTH.

The best defence against logic is madness!

May 11, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

What happened to the sound? Noticed some drastic changes in some sound effects, some of the gun fire sound really ugly now, could swear that f.e. my dreadnought cannons had a more impressive and deeper sound, not a lightweight pew pew plastic toygun sound.
But there are no hints about sound changes in patch notes, only about some audio fixes.

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

May 11, 2017, 6:33 p.m.

So, played my first Onslaught match. After dying I respawned in some sort of hybrid spectator mode - I could move my ship but not activate guns or abilities, and as in spectator mode I could cycle between all other ships on the team at will. Takes some effort to create bugs like that, well done...

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 11, 2017, 6:37 p.m.

Suthriel#7444 posted (#post-120068)

What happened to the sound? Noticed some drastic changes in some sound effects, some of the gun fire sound really ugly now, could swear that f.e. my dreadnought cannons had a more impressive and deeper sound, not a lightweight pew pew plastic toygun sound.
But there are no hints about sound changes in patch notes, only about some audio fixes.

Haven't played yet. Waiting on download. But that would be a real shame if sound was worsened. I love the sound of this game! It is quite immersive with a decent headset.

May 11, 2017, 6:42 p.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

There seems to be a fairly serious bug with nuke salvo. It's currently hitting through shields, in addition, the spread seems to be bugged (according to the Dread players i've talked to) this is allowing dudes to snipe half a team at the start of the game. It needs an immediate fix.

Other observations: No change to MM, games are still unbalanced man up and fix your power tier system. 'tweaks' have never cured cancer.

+1 for adding numbers -10 for not bothering to fix all the errors in tech tree tool tips. I figured you were waiting for the UI update to add all that, forgive me the foolishness of thinking you all are proactive.

-10 for the only balance changes being to 2 modules, there are A TON of lemon modules and ships that still need addressing.

still no fix for flagships

UI words/buttons are extremely small. i imagine people without 20/20 vision are having issues seeing them.

As usual, I wish i could actually play the new map. Random Number God disagrees as usual.

Also, the post above is spot on. Low/HIgh . . . NUMBERS. I mean what in God's name is a maneuverability rating? would that fly by a cop? "excuse me sir, do you know how fast you were going" "Can't say friend, but my maneuverability rating is 30."

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

May 11, 2017, 10:07 p.m.

Kudos for opening up hero cosmetics. I like the new numbers... I get they aren't perfect but it's better than guessing with the bar system. Also I liked the insight aspect of the update post. That you bothered to tell us what you were thinking when you made these decisions. Little things like that whether I agree with the decisions or not go a long way.

I'll get to negatives later. Mainly after I've played a bit smile

May 11, 2017, 11:03 p.m.

Destroyer warp glitch needs a fix ASAP 3 vindictus with galioth torp is game breaking.

New sounds and still the same sound glitch with healers beam sound affect.

UI glitch with everyone haveing the same rank as me.
31 in a recruit match seems un reasonable.

Kochi stull needs a look over.
Purge ram needs a look over.
Beam. Amp glitch still needs a look.
MM is much better needs a bit more players and it should be grand.

We deserve 1000 go for the wait! Please ;-; I need credits.

All in all issues still there but you fixed a bunch and the new UI is fantastic and awsome it isn't as Alpha looking.

I look forward to recording some content and helping noobs get into the game!

May 12, 2017, 3:53 a.m.

I only had a quick glance, can't say much about the bugs/fixes atm but... what's the deal with the new sounds effects? Who decided that going from deep cannonade sounds to nerf gun pewpew's was a great idea? I thought this was a game about big capital ship scale combat, not combat with star trek phase-pistols.

Why fix something that's not broken? Of all the feedback about all the other real issues, someone decided that time should be spent on improving the sound effects, which i've seen no player complaining about? I know it's not a huge issue and it can be fixed easily but it's seriously disheartening seeing already good elements of the game being changed to something arguably worse. Let's focus on the real, reported issues shall we?

Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.
-Master Sergeant Farell

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.