FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.6.0 Discussion Megathread

Posted: //
May 13, 2017, 2:17 a.m.

Any explanation for shadow-patching a cut to the point rewards during matches and the xp/credit conversion? Gain rates are low enough as is.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

May 14, 2017, 12:23 a.m.

Can you guys please fix the Vigo t4 Missile Repeaters and Light Particle Turrets

Bright Hanger distorts my view of the color of ship skin I may like to purchase/apply. nogo imop

May 14, 2017, 9:53 a.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2017, 9:54 a.m.

Problem mit dem Reparaturkosten noch immer nicht behoben, seit Monaten muss ich zusätzlich Credits zahlen ohne das ich überhaupt erst auf der map war. Wie siehts denn mit einer Entschädigung aus?

May 14, 2017, 10:12 a.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-120257)

Any explanation for shadow-patching a cut to the point rewards during matches and the xp/credit conversion? Gain rates are low enough as is.

You know the explanation for that its to get you to buy premium time .

May 14, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

Its sad to see that you have still not addressed the game killing and fun killing feature known as "Maintenance" a feature I have yet to see anyone actually say they like other than the game devs who seem to think its the best thing since sliced bread.

In its current form this so called feature kills the game in fact countless people have left as a result as it overly punishes you for simply playing and its not a case of gitgood because in a team v team someone has to loose and no mater how good you are time will come when you loose and if you are unlucky and get several bad teams then you will loose a lot, and being punished after every single loss is no incentive to play and sours the taste of the game.

Don't get me wrong i am not apposed to the idea of "maintenance" but it in its current form it is entirely broken and overly punishing after just one bad game, the feature should be set up as follows:

The maintenance feature should only kick in after 4 game losses in a row but would reset if you have a win, so something like

Game 1: Loss
Game 2: Loss
Game 3: Win
reset
Game 1: Loss
Game 2: Loss
Game 3: Loss
Game 4: Loss
Maintenance
Reset

This method would punish people for continually loosing but would not punish for that odd game loss that will inevitably happen, this is a much fairer system.

May 15, 2017, 3:56 a.m.

its sad...this game has huge promise. But the Devs seems to have lazer focus on NOT doing the exact thing the tech beta is supposed to do. Get numbers in the game and get tech fixes. Nope we rather put balance changes in that nobody ever wanted/complained about and ignore the ones people actually did. I can personally only speak for myself. But i had burnout/ragequit of sorts on another free to play game. Thought i try dreadnought and loved the game even with the bugs and what not. BUt after a week with patch issues and reading how they ignore the real problems and seem to only add problems. FUll game redownloads after what really seems like a silly patch. Im kinda inclined to give my main free to play title a go(witcher campain almost done for 4th time aswell). And Dreadnought devs had a chance to hook me as a player and they actually had me on the line.....but just didnt wheel it in. And it must be said how many gamers have they lost this way. And this makes me sad, cause like i said this game has so much promise. Hopefully they get it together at some point.

May 15, 2017, 5:32 a.m.

Overall I think this patch is a step in the right direction, I agree with most of the bugs mentioned previously but so far my biggest issue is the disconnects, they seem to be happening far more frequently now then before 1.6, I'm getting the usual as the game loads disconnect or freeze, then sometimes at the start of the match but now a new one I've noticed is the game kicking you once the match has finished before you enter the post game lobby which results in zero rewards for a full match played.

May 15, 2017, 6:26 a.m.

First of all, I am glad that something is happening. I appreciate new maps, improved UI, additional purpose for hero ships and bug fixes even though new ones poped up. However main issues introduced with Shipyard update are still untouched. Namely maintenace mechanic and general disbalance between different tiers. Also how long it is since you have promised separate progression tree for officer briefings?

Since all of my main concerns have been completely ignored I am not going to bother install game again.

May 15, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

Captains, if you have not checked out the COMMUNITY HOT TOPICS #6, please do. Developers are focusing heavily on bug fixing, especially the ones that you all have been affected by most. This includes client and server-side issues.

1. There are a lot of bugs and requests we have for the game that take a long time to get in, what are you doing to quicken this process?
    Peter: We are aware that our reaction time wasn’t as fast as we would have liked it to be.

This was mainly caused by the extensive systems we implemented into the game that caused a lot of effort and made it hard to straighten out all the things that have been less than ideal in the live game.

I want to thank players for their patience again. We are incredibly grateful for your loyalty and the amount of time you dedicate to our game.

So what are we doing to change this in the future and get better at it? We are already focusing heavily on bugfixing in our current development cycle and the patch notes for the next updates should show this clearly.

On top of that, we are setting up a live quality team that has the clear goal to focus on existing features that are out there with our players and to have shorter reaction times.

We love the game as much as you do, so let us know if it works!

Live QA Representative

May 16, 2017, 4:25 a.m.

DN_DivumVexillum#9674 posted (#post-120458)

Captains, if you have not checked out the COMMUNITY HOT TOPICS #6, please do. Developers are focusing heavily on bug fixing, especially the ones that you all have been affected by most. This includes client and server-side issues.

1. There are a lot of bugs and requests we have for the game that take a long time to get in, what are you doing to quicken this process?
    Peter: We are aware that our reaction time wasn’t as fast as we would have liked it to be.

This was mainly caused by the extensive systems we implemented into the game that caused a lot of effort and made it hard to straighten out all the things that have been less than ideal in the live game.

I want to thank players for their patience again. We are incredibly grateful for your loyalty and the amount of time you dedicate to our game.

So what are we doing to change this in the future and get better at it? We are already focusing heavily on bugfixing in our current development cycle and the patch notes for the next updates should show this clearly.

On top of that, we are setting up a live quality team that has the clear goal to focus on existing features that are out there with our players and to have shorter reaction times.

We love the game as much as you do, so let us know if it works!

Seems to me most people are b!tching about maint. yet you didn't even mention it as a concern on the developers part.

You guys are literally killing this game and none of you seem to care.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.