FORUMS

PUBLIC RELEASE OF DREADNOUGHT (PC) SHIP STATS (General Discussion Forum)

Posted: //
May 11, 2017, 8:40 p.m.

Public Release of Dreadnought (PC) Ship Stats

If you want to sort any of the columns to search or compare, you can do so by clicking on Data in the taskbar. From the drop-down menu, you can choose from a variety of options.

QA's hope by giving you all this information is that you will be able to identify issues that we haven't thought of. Additionally, we may have already identified issues, but require a larger pool of testers to report on it. Keep us honest too, if these values are different than what you are seeing, let us know!

In other threads, I have suggested that we all steer away from the Corvette balance debate. We know something needs to be done, but as we learned when the Heavy Tactical Cruiser was "balanced", all other ships must be considered. We know the Dreadnought main weapons systems are lackluster, especially the Jutland.

Please keep in mind that we are focused on base stats, and will eventually work through the secondary weapons systems, modules, and Officer Briefings.

So, have fun with the new Hero Ship, the awesome new map, and the UI upgrade! Most importantly, weigh in on balance concerns, give suggestions, and keep it civil if you must argue a point. (Keep the aggro for the battlespace, Captains!)

Your humble QA Live Lead

Original Post

Live QA Representative

May 11, 2017, 9:37 p.m.

I'm going to address the elephant in the room, because someone has to, are the maintenance costs ever going to be implemented in a fashion that prevents going negative on a loss?

Because that's pretty much the worse thing in the game and the reason cited by most people leaving the game and giving it a bad reputation.

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

May 11, 2017, 10:20 p.m.

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-120087)

I'm going to address the elephant in the room, because someone has to, are the maintenance costs ever going to be implemented in a fashion that prevents going negative on a loss?

Because that's pretty much the worse thing in the game and the reason cited by most people leaving the game and giving it a bad reputation.

Why not Spend some money to by coins?

Where I come from it costs $8 USD for a pint of beer. In a night most people might drink 3 or 4 pints. But if you spend $20USD you can get 300k coins which will give you many nights of entertainment on this game even if you lost every single time.

I would suggest that most people just leave the game because they don't like it. Not because of the maintenance. Cos if you enjoy something then you are willing to spend money on it. You know it's not free to provide so you want to support something you get enjoyment out of.

May 11, 2017, 10:29 p.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 10:47 p.m.

I have the question about the spreadsheet, rather important one:

What does "Maneuverability Rating" mean? Yeah, don't tell me "that is how mobile the ship is".

How is it calculated?

If it's a simple velocity - why overcomplicate things with some abstract values? I can understand a value "v = 250 m/s". I't makes sense - it means it will take me 20s to reach that arty 5km away. "M. rating = 75" - I don't understand it.

Why there's not a single word on turn speed (agility)? Agility is an incredibly important stat and it's not included, why?!

An example: according to these ratings, Stribog has one of the best values amongst T4, only surpassed by Valcour. One would think about it - fast, has a lot of hp for a vette, does very nice damage. Like, what else do you need, right?
While the fact, that it it turns around slower than a dreadnough - that remains completely hidden.
Don't you think such information would affect player's decision to buy the ship drastically?

"Hang in there!" (™)

May 11, 2017, 10:40 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-120090)

Knight_ldr#2166 posted (#post-120087)

Why not Spend some money to by coins?

Where I come from it costs $8 USD for a pint of beer. In a night most people might drink 3 or 4 pints. But if you spend $20USD you can get 300k coins which will give you many nights of entertainment on this game even if you lost every single time.

I would suggest that most people just leave the game because they don't like it. Not because of the maintenance. Cos if you enjoy something then you are willing to spend money on it. You know it's not free to provide so you want to support something you get enjoyment out of.

Yeah, no.

If a F2P game requires spending money to progress in any reasonable way it's not going to live long.

And I say the people leave because of maintenance because there are tons of threads listing it and the tier system as deal breakers, many listing the maintenance system as a failed cash grab that has either being implemented and regretted in other games or done with minimal numbers to avoid limiting earnings while remaining a cash sink.

I spend money on games solely for cosmetics and only when I play the game and it's consistently fun, the maintenance system seems to have being put in place to frustrate people into spending money.

if it didn't exist I would play way more and spend money, but right now I feel like maintenance is there to force me to spend, I don't like that feeling and I keep expecting the devs to realize that having Dreadnought be known as a nickle and dime cash grab is not the kind of word of mouth they want...

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

May 11, 2017, 11:08 p.m.

So even if it was solely designed to force you to spend. It is clear that you would only be forced to spend $20 and it would provide you with many nights of entertainment. How is this onerous?

You seem to be allowing a principle to dictate whether you enjoy playing or not. Are you going to hold on to this principle even if it only cost $1 to buy 300k coins? Because if so, then there is no satisfying you.

The reason I spent money straight away is that I have never played an F2P game before. I have always paid upfront for a game. After trialling for a little time I found that I enjoyed this game so I paid what I would normally pay for a game. It was totally natural and not forced at all. So perhaps, I'm missing something in my naivety. But when I go to the shop I am totally fine with being forced to pay for the goods I want to take home. This is just my general attitude to life. And perhaps it is why I've never played an F2P game until now.

May 11, 2017, 11:25 p.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 11:27 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-120097)

So even if it was solely designed to force you to spend. It is clear that you would only be forced to spend $20 and it would provide you with many nights of entertainment. How is this onerous?

You seem to be allowing a principle to dictate whether you enjoy playing or not. Are you going to hold on to this principle even if it only cost $1 to buy 300k coins? Because if so, then there is no satisfying you.

The reason I spent money straight away is that I have never played an F2P game before. I have always paid upfront for a game. After trialling for a little time I found that I enjoyed this game so I paid what I would normally pay for a game. It was totally natural and not forced at all. So perhaps, I'm missing something in my naivety. But when I go to the shop I am totally fine with being forced to pay for the goods I want to take home. This is just my general attitude to life. And perhaps it is why I've never played an F2P game until now.

The problem is under the maintenance system we have, ill give you an example i have been playing in this version for about 16 days i have 1 T4 haven't spent a dime on GP i didn't receive from my founders pack and in my regular veteran games in my T3 CERES on a loss scoring an average of 2825 points per game, without haveing my T4 in my fleet and bringing 3 tier 2s and 1 more Tier 3, This score puts me in the TOP 4 every game i lose money every match, 200 to 100 credits forcing me to go to recruit to make money to buy modules and new ships.
This makes the noobs who are new face me, on average i get a 14 kills 2 death score in whatever i play ( except my orcus ) this kills the game for noobs.

This is the problem it forces experienced players to kill noobs.

And dont think that its my fault for losing, its a team game and if my team doesn't have enough T4 fully built players as the other team does its an uphill battle that guarantees a loss.

This means i LOSE CREDITS FOR DOING MY VERY BEST.

So im forced to compensate with buying GP that is your logic?

Think about the noobs that have to suffer because once i have 0 credits i cant play veteran anymore.

May 11, 2017, 11:33 p.m.

Updated //
May 11, 2017, 11:34 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-120097)

The problem is under the maintenance system we have, ill give you an example i have been playing in this version for about 16 days i have 1 T4 haven't spent a dime on GP i didn't receive from my founders pack and in my regular veteran games in my T3 CERES on a loss scoring an average of 2825 points per game, without haveing my T4 in my fleet and bringing 3 tier 2s and 1 more Tier 3, This score puts me in the TOP 4 every game i lose money every match, 200 to 100 credits forcing me to go to recruit to make money to buy modules and new ships.
The noobs then get farmed once we know longer can afford to play are vet fleets.

So my tier 3 fleet is behind a constant paywall.

That is the problem NOT the reluctance to spend money THE paywall is the issue

May 11, 2017, 11:36 p.m.

This forces me to farm noobs in recruit to play veteran until i lose all my credits again in veteran.

My tier 3 fleet is behind a constant paywall. THAT is the issue NOT the reluctance to pay Bazza

May 12, 2017, 12:08 a.m.

LoneValkyrie#4441 posted (#post-120103)

My tier 3 fleet is behind a constant paywall. THAT is the issue NOT the reluctance to pay Bazza

That doesn't make sense to me. If you were not reluctant to pay then why would a paywall matter? Those two sentences seem to contradict each other.

I was thinking about this in context. Talking to my dad about how much arcade games used to cost when they 1st came out. He worked out that people could spend up to $20 PER HOUR in today's money to play games of far less quality than dreadnought.

And yet we have people here complaining about spending $20 for dozens of hours of enjoyment in the comfort of your own home.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.